Which charger is better?

Search This thread

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
d2c30941-bf4b-7237.jpg

Well I have this two charger,idk which one is better for my battery,since I have 3 battery I take turn to charge them with the left charger the one that u can buy in ebay,ok back to the real question,when I charge my phone with the right charger (original) it take 2 hour to fully charge stock battery but not the china battery
d2c30941-bfd5-c69c.jpg
,it take 5 hour to fully charge this China battery with original charger,if i use the ebay charger (wall charger) it charge all types of battery within 5 hour? Why is it so? Any idea?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Last edited:

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
Recently bought another new battery ,seems the China battery have worn out a lot..(30min use it died off) Yoobao,was a reliable brand,i bought the 1500mah..and guess wat? It last three times longer than my stock battery :rolleyes:
I use mainly for web browsing,facebook,music and more.. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using xda app-developers app

bogdan5844

Jul 3, 2011
Bucharest
Probably the China charger identifies itself as an USB port, so that it can charge any type of battery with a lower amount of current. Shouldn't damage the battery if you charge it with the HTC one though.

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
Probably the China charger identifies itself as an USB port, so that it can charge any type of battery with a lower amount of current. Shouldn't damage the battery if you charge it with the HTC one though.

But about the amount of charge that store in the battery by using the China charger,will it like lack charge of a few hundred mah of the battery since its not genuine charger? I talking abt the battery charger that u put ur battery on that port and charge not the USB :confused:

Reactions: arsonist63086

arsonist63086

Aug 12, 2010
los angeles
The China charger will take to long to charge any battery above 1200mha . Since most of thoes chargers only charge at a crappy 500ma-700ma to get a good charge you need minimum of 800ma and 1000ma=1amp to get a good charge and still be able to use the phone while charging to reduce charger heat up. As for the wall battery only charger mimicking "USB" I'd does no such thing it just gives straight voltage to the battery and meters it till it reaches Max voltage and to avoid over charging the input amperage to the battery is like 200-500ma .. hopefully this helps you guys out on choosing a charger. Fyi all HTC official USB wall chargers are rated at 1amp

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda app-developers app

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
The China charger will take to long to charge any battery above 1200mha . Since most of thoes chargers only charge at a crappy 500ma-700ma to get a good charge you need minimum of 800ma and 1000ma=1amp to get a good charge and still be able to use the phone while charging to reduce charger heat up. As for the wall battery only charger mimicking "USB" I'd does no such thing it just gives straight voltage to the battery and meters it till it reaches Max voltage and to avoid over charging the input amperage to the battery is like 200-500ma .. hopefully this helps you guys out on choosing a charger. Fyi all HTC official USB wall chargers are rated at 1amp

So u are saying the official battery charger from HTC are better since its current is 1amp?

bogdan5844

Jul 3, 2011
Bucharest
„Better” in this case means that it will charge faster. Think of it this way - you want to fill a glass with water. If you pour it from a bottle with a large opening, it will fill faster. If you pour it from a bottle with a smaller opening, it will fill slower.

Which bottle is better/worse? Depends on how fast you want to charge your battery.

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
„Better” in this case means that it will charge faster. Think of it this way - you want to fill a glass with water. If you pour it from a bottle with a large opening, it will fill faster. If you pour it from a bottle with a smaller opening, it will fill slower.

Which bottle is better/worse? Depends on how fast you want to charge your battery.

Since I got 4 battery(don't ask me y,2 of them were China battery it die off pretty fast,1 stock and yoobao)..I have no choice but to use the China charger,but China charger are much slower..but will it fill up the full capacity of the battery?

bogdan5844

Jul 3, 2011
Bucharest
I see no reason why it should not. It's not like it suddenly stops at a certain percentage or something. Just be sure to not let it too much in case the charger doesn't have overcharging protection (a.k.a. it knows when the battery is full so it doesn't overcharge it)

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
I see no reason why it should not. It's not like it suddenly stops at a certain percentage or something. Just be sure to not let it too much in case the charger doesn't have overcharging protection (a.k.a. it knows when the battery is full so it doesn't overcharge it)

But the charger will turn blue from pink when its full,is it safe to use? :eek:

arsonist63086

Aug 12, 2010
los angeles
But the charger will turn blue from pink when its full,is it safe to use? :eek:

If the charger has an indicator letting you know its full then most times it has a auto off function and wont overcharge the battery so its will be safe to use thoes chargers

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
Recently I came across a few USB charger in my room,the China one (which I talk abt it earlier)have output of DC 5.2v 800ma,while stock HTC charger is output 5v 1a,and the galaxy tab charger has output of 5v 2a..which one would charge the battery faster? :confused: if I use the galaxy tab charger will it damage my battery?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using xda app-developers app

drinian-n

Dec 15, 2012
Interestingly, I used a cheap Samsung charger a few times (from an Galaxy Ace I think), and it seems to load much faster than the original charger...

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Depends on amp and volts. Should say on charger

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

danow11

Feb 27, 2010
More current = faster charge, the percentage of completely full will depend on what current the charger stops.

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
Is it ok to charge my phone with a 5.3v with 0.75 a...instead of using the stock charger which was at 5v 1a? Will it damage the battery??

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

oVeRdOsE.

Sep 19, 2011
MTL
lithium ion batteries are very tricky. First we use lithium not because is good, because it can takes any form you want and it's cheap.

Lithium can't take deep discharge and can't takes overcharge, in most case it will catch on fire or explode. That's why in battery packs you need to '' balance'' them one by one to make sure that the first cell get full, will stop charging.

Those batteries are heat sensible, they dont like high temperature or low temperature. If you choose to store them, better to put them in the fridge than the freezer @ 40% charge

Of curse sellers'll say that they dont have memory effect, but it more or less true, it depends how you use them.

They loose their capacity with number of charges AND time. Yes, you can have a brand new lithium cell totaly dead because its too old. Due to internal cell oxidation. This permanent degradation in capacity is about 20% per year. Degradation is, however, highly dependent on the temperature at which the battery is stored.

Permanent Capacity Loss versus Storage Conditions Storage Temperature 40% Charge --------- 100% Charge
32°F (0°C) 2% loss after 1 year -------- 6% loss after 1 year
77°F (25°C) 4% loss after 1 year --------20% loss after 1 year
104°F (40°C) 15% loss after 1 year --------35% loss after 1 year
140°F (60°C) 25% loss after 1 year --------40% loss after 3 months

So yes, if you charge it TOO fast, it will affect the performance.
Slower is the better. I use my pc (500 mah) or a motorola charger 700 mah.
For charger with high amp, some cell phone batteries has a built in limiter, so it wont make much difference from a certain mah.

Lithium is good, but far from the best.

You can have all kind of info there : http://prowiki.isc.upenn.edu/wiki/Lithium_ion_batteries

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

But about the amount of charge that store in the battery by using the China charger,will it like lack charge of a few hundred mah of the battery since its not genuine charger? I talking abt the battery charger that u put ur battery on that port and charge not the USB :confused: