HTCFlasher: Open Source ROM Update Utility (RUU) for HTC devices

Search This thread

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
I have just released HTCFlasher version 3, get it while it's hot!! :)

HTCFlasher -formerly known as HERMflasher- is an open source tool which allows you to flash ROMs on most current HTC devices. It has some extra features that the original HTC RUU doesn't have, like for example it can present a serial prompt to the bootloader (replacing mtty), or it can dump NBH file contents (.nb ROM parts).

Currently most new HTC devices are supported, and the basic set of functions to work with every HTC bootloader has been implemented, so adding support for new bootloader versions or new devices should be quite easy to do, if not working out of the box.

For an incomplete list, see SupportedDevices.

Supported Operating Systems

• GNU/Linux x86 and x86_64
  • Win32/Cygwin (except Vista)
  • Mac OS X (intel based)

Features

• Flash NBH files: replaces the Windows Rom Upgrade Utility (RUU)
  • Extract NBH files: replaces windows tools like nbhextract
  • Serial prompt: replaces mtty / minicom
  • Easy to use Gtk GUI

Screenshots

Main Window

Screenshot-HTCFlasher-1.png

Flash NBH file

Screenshot-HTCFlasher.png

For more information:

vua777

Jun 13, 2005
waiting for win32 app
nice & clear GUI and can work with multi phone is much usefull!
thanks pof

ps: you are the great Hermes saver, may i know what is your current phone (follow you forever :))

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Sorry to ask but how do I use the 2 files that I downloaded? Seems like Linux files.

Any help is appreciated. I am using Vista but can run XP too.

bogoos86

Sep 18, 2006
amd64

i have gentoo linux on x86_64 and i get an error whet i try to compile

bogoos@localhost ~/PPC/HTCFlasher-3.0 $ make
cd src && make all
make[1]: Wejście do katalogu `/home/bogoos/PPC/HTCFlasher-3.0/src'
cc nbhextract.o utils.o io.o crc32.o flasher.o info.o prompt.o main.o -o HTCFlasher
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `nbhextract.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `utils.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `io.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `crc32.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `flasher.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `info.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `prompt.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `main.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

can you make it work on x86_64 platform??

h4waii

Nov 9, 2007
I've compiled it successfully, will test it on my S710 under Debian unstable/sid. This is great news for playing on multi-platform. Thanks pof!

EDIT: Just to let anybody who wants to use this, ensure to disable enhanced network functionality over USB on your device in order to register a default RNDIS and load rndis_host module.

Last edited:

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Any reason that Vista won't work??? And if so, do you plan on implementing Vista capabilities in the future?

Vista handles usb-serial very different than the rest of operating systems. No plans for supporting Vista ATM.

may i know what is your current phone (follow you forever :))
I'm using a Polaris right now ;)

Sorry to ask but how do I use the 2 files that I downloaded? Seems like Linux files.

Any help is appreciated. I am using Vista but can run XP too.
Won't work on Vista. The .tar.gz is like a .zip containing the source code. You have to install cygwin to compile it on XP.

i have gentoo linux on x86_64 and i get an error whet i try to compile

[...]

can you make it work on x86_64 platform??

Sorry I left the .o in the source tarball...:rolleyes: I've just fixed this, so you can download it again, or run a 'make clean' before 'make'. Let me know if you have any problems compiling on x86_64 now.

h4waii

Nov 9, 2007
Not able to identify my S710/Vox, it will communicate slightly however does not reboot it to the bootloader. Want a log?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have just released HTCFlasher version 3, get it while it's hot!! :)

HTCFlasher -formerly known as HERMflasher- is an open source tool which allows you to flash ROMs on most current HTC devices. It has some extra features that the original HTC RUU doesn't have, like for example it can present a serial prompt to the bootloader (replacing mtty), or it can dump NBH file contents (.nb ROM parts).

Currently most new HTC devices are supported, and the basic set of functions to work with every HTC bootloader has been implemented, so adding support for new bootloader versions or new devices should be quite easy to do, if not working out of the box.

For an incomplete list, see SupportedDevices.

Supported Operating Systems

• GNU/Linux x86 and x86_64
    • Win32/Cygwin (except Vista)
    • Mac OS X (intel based)

Features

• Flash NBH files: replaces the Windows Rom Upgrade Utility (RUU)
    • Extract NBH files: replaces windows tools like nbhextract
    • Serial prompt: replaces mtty / minicom
    • Easy to use Gtk GUI

Screenshots

Main Window

Screenshot-HTCFlasher-1.png

Flash NBH file

Screenshot-HTCFlasher.png

For more information:
    I tested TP2 - in case you thought I have a HD2 :)
    ok i am still working on this:
    i will make post on the status at http://ADITLFAI.COM
    Since 10.10 it no longed worked for my Diamond.
    I know for sure it will work for 32 bit but some old dependency must be met, i will also work on those
    i wish you guys will also help in working on this
    I have Compiled a working one. Fresh ubuntu 10.10 amd64, right now the package has 2 requirements. they are 32bit libs, future releases will no longer need them.... i hope