ICS on the myTouch 4G

Search This thread

betin50

Jan 22, 2009
Marietta, GA
Most of the ICS roms are amazing and run great but they're obviously not as stable as gingerbread. What is left to be fix or will ICS always run like this because it wasn't meant to run our phones?

Sent from my HTC using xda premium

eqjunkie829

Apr 17, 2011
West Jordan, UT
Most of the ICS roms are amazing and run great but they're obviously not as stable as gingerbread. What is left to be fix or will ICS always run like this because it wasn't meant to run our phones?

Sent from my HTC using xda premium

ICS is currently still in beta stages in my opinion because all the bugs are certainly not worked out. Once the DHD gets official ICS, we will have more stable roms on our device guaranteed! At least Blackwing is building aokp from source and that is a heck of a lot more stable than porting.

Bones25u

Jan 7, 2012
I'm running the zips ics ROM, and it's very stable. I've been using it for about two weeks now and I have no complaints. I just hope there's no Android 5 coming out any time soon. I'm still getting used to 4. Battery life is awesome, and it's very responsive.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

eqjunkie829

Apr 17, 2011
West Jordan, UT
I'm running the zips ics ROM, and it's very stable. I've been using it for about two weeks now and I have no complaints. I just hope there's no Android 5 coming out any time soon. I'm still getting used to 4. Battery life is awesome, and it's very responsive.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

I read in galaxy nexus section that they have a jelly bean rom booting. Screen shots looked alot like ics still though.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
I read in galaxy nexus section that they have a jelly bean rom booting. Screen shots looked alot like ics still though.

it could just be a minor upgrade
cupcake --> donut = minor
donut --> eclair = decently major
eclair --> froyo = minor
froyo --> gb = major
gb --> ics = major
so im assuming ics --> jelly = minor because theres no way theyre gonna start releasing something major when ICS hasnt even settled yet for most phones

eqjunkie829

Apr 17, 2011
West Jordan, UT
it could just be a minor upgrade
cupcake --> donut = minor
donut --> eclair = decently major
eclair --> froyo = minor
froyo --> gb = major
gb --> ics = major
so im assuming ics --> jelly = minor because theres no way theyre gonna start releasing something major when ICS hasnt even settled yet for most phones

Agreed, they haven't had much time to get anything big released

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
I honestly wish they would quit pumping out OS versions like it's some kind of race. Did they need froyo to open up the capability of using more than 256mb RAM? Absolutely. Was GB necessary? No, but it was very useful as it polished a lot. To me, GB took Android from very usable to "Holy Crap, that's nice."

Honeycomb was pointless. They should have developed it and kept it in house to prep for what became ICS. GB ran well enough on tablets. Had they done this, they could have theoretically released a completed ICS MUCH sooner. And depending on project butter, it could have been released with ICS. But no, instead it's a fluster cluck that no one can keep up with.

Hey, our new OS is on 10 different phone models out of the hundreds on the market. Perfect, time for a new one. That logic pains me and it will eventually turn Android into a joke if they don't cut it out.

End Rant...

Reactions: THEindian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gb was a polished froyo.

Jb is a polished ICS.
    Couldn't say it myself any better.
    Gb was a
    polished froyo.

Jb is a polished ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I honestly wish they would quit pumping out OS versions like it's some kind of race. Did they need froyo to open up the capability of using more than 256mb RAM? Absolutely. Was GB necessary? No, but it was very useful as it polished a lot. To me, GB took Android from very usable to "Holy Crap, that's nice."

Honeycomb was pointless. They should have developed it and kept it in house to prep for what became ICS. GB ran well enough on tablets. Had they done this, they could have theoretically released a completed ICS MUCH sooner. And depending on project butter, it could have been released with ICS. But no, instead it's a fluster cluck that no one can keep up with.

Hey, our new OS is on 10 different phone models out of the hundreds on the market. Perfect, time for a new one. That logic pains me and it will eventually turn Android into a joke if they don't cut it out.

End Rant...