[Q] Root and Keep Knox?

Search This thread

acbone710

Jun 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I am apparently one of 3 people who actually use Knox... Is there a way to get root without tripping the Knox counter? There are two methods listed in the One-Stop Shop thread, but it looks like both of them disable Knox. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am on the latest AT&T OTA (MK6). I have flashed plenty of times before, just trying to keep Knox on this phone since it is fresh from warranty service.

Last edited:

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here...and say that the root binary...will be detected by knox....even if the root attempt does not trip the counter...
The rom will detect root and flag you constantly...

And here is the bigger problem in my mind...

If you manage to root...without tripping the knox counter...and you use the device normally...

If/when the day comes you need service....the bootloader flash counter will still show a custom binary flash count even though knox does not...and if you attempt to unroot....you will never be able to return to full stock with the official 4.3 loader....(gasping for air )...LOL

Long story short...
Root and Knox do not get along...and your warranty will be gone even if Knox and it's container remain intact...

Leave it stock...IMHO...g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app