[Q] Is it possible to port a Sony ROM for our beloved Moto G?

Search This thread

Bert98

Jul 24, 2012
Padova
Moto G
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Hi all, I bought the Moto G last month to replace my old Xperia U.
It was a great choice, but I was used to Sony's Timescape UI and, IMO, it's the best OEM overlay of the Android world, I really love it.
Now, I saw that they're trying to port Sense 6 from the HTC One Mini 2, which has almost the same chipset as our Moto G.
My question is, is it possible to port a Sony ROM as well, maybe from the Xperia M2, which has the exact same SOC (Snapdragon 400 MSM8226) as our Moto G?
See the screenshot below, from Wikipedia
gane4eve.jpg

Thanks to anyone who will enlighten me on this, because I'm very curious about this :D

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk

KVCmoto

Jun 29, 2014
Thiruvananthapuram
It was a great choice, but I was used to Sony's Timescape UI and, IMO, it's the best OEM overlay of the Android world, I really love it.
Now, I saw that they're trying to port Sense 6 from the HTC One Mini 2, which has almost the same chipset as our Moto G.
My question is, is it possible to port a Sony ROM as well, maybe from the Xperia M2, which has the exact same SOC (Snapdragon 400 MSM8226) as our Moto G?
gane4eve.jpg

Thanks to anyone who will enlighten me on this, because I'm very curious about this :D

Sure...anything is possible so long as we have the developers to help us..I'll try porting it myself!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert98

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
If you're talking about the Xperia ZG2 ROM, that was just a themed CM11 man..

That's probably the closest one you'll ever see.A direct ROM port will be nearly impossible to port since they might have the same chipset, but there is a loads and loads of different hardware and drivers for them + patches and so on.

Reactions: Bert98

arya5

Nov 11, 2014
It is possible to port everything, it miui has been already ported, I think that a xperia rom can be ported too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gane4eve.jpg

Sure...anything is possible so long as we have the developers to help us..I'll try porting it myself!
    If you're talking about the Xperia ZG2 ROM, that was just a themed CM11 man..

That's probably the closest one you'll ever see.A direct ROM port will be nearly impossible to port since they might have the same chipset, but there is a loads and loads of different hardware and drivers for them + patches and so on.