Evo Shift 4g 01/09/2011 + Video Review

Search This thread

BrandoKC

May 15, 2010
Kansas City
How can the Sabor be vaporware if it was never announced in the first place? It was a rumor and is still a rumor.

Second, Qualcomm has 2 dual-core chips, one for HSPA+ (MSM8260) and one for HSPA+/EV-DO Rev B (MSM8660). They announced them back in June.

What I'm saying is that the Sabor does not exist. Otherwise there would be something to substantiate it by now.
I agree that there will be dual core devices, but it looks like they aren't currently as far along as the competitors.

Thank you for pointing out that they have dual core processors. I think a lot of us were under the assumption that they didn't, but you are correct. So hopefully we can dispel that myth.

With all the dual core devices that were unveiled this week I would assume that HTC would have shown something if they had it.
Again, I'm not saying that they won't have something by the end of Q2 or by Q3, but they definitely appear to be behind the curve.

BrandoKC

May 15, 2010
Kansas City
I've created three new threads in the XDA general section in an attempt to streamline all Evo Shift discussions.

Root and Development
Issues
General Discussion

BlaqkAudio

Oct 2, 2008
What I'm saying is that the Sabor does not exist. Otherwise there would be something to substantiate it by now.
I agree that there will be dual core devices, but it looks like they aren't currently as far along as the competitors.

Thank you for pointing out that they have dual core processors. I think a lot of us were under the assumption that they didn't, but you are correct. So hopefully we can dispel that myth.

With all the dual core devices that were unveiled this week I would assume that HTC would have shown something if they had it.
Again, I'm not saying that they won't have something by the end of Q2 or by Q3, but they definitely appear to be behind the curve.
I have a feeling that no one has used Qualcomm's dual-cores because of the Tegra 2. Also, it could be that HTC is waiting for Qualcomm's newer dual-core Snapdragons which will have Adreno 3xx.

mrinehart93

Oct 11, 2009
Chicago
I tried out the Shift today in a Sprint store, and surprisingly, I thought the Optimus S was a lot quicker and snappier than the Shift.

DWake014

Mar 31, 2010
I used the VISIONary app for root. Set it on temp root at boot and it works for root necessary apps such as wireless tether (little slower than at home wifi but a great backup if I have my computer away from a wireless source), shoot me, set cpu, even quick boot

DWake014

Mar 31, 2010
Anyones phone running a little funky sometimes messing with root? When the phone boots back up it is really laggy but smooths back out after a couple minutes