eBay Daily Deals Has The Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus For $370 Shipped

Search This thread

jgalan14

Jul 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Incredible how we keep getting new galaxy nexus owned I only been here for 6 weeks but really good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
Good deal but I think the price is gone drop again by the end of June when the GSIII floods into more markets.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

nbell13

Aug 10, 2011
What are these problems with the Nexus that people are speaking of that makes the warranty worth the extra money? Is it something specific to the Galaxy Nexus devices or is it like any other product where it's just by chance that your product might go bad?

I would totally agree that warranty would be worth the extra money if the Nexus' are bound to be problematic but then again, I'd probably not buy the phone in the first place if it were so.

I'm not trying to stir anything up here so please don't take what I say personally. I'm just very interested in purchasing the Nexus but also getting a little nervous because of people saying that Playstore + warranty is the way to go. It kind of implies that there's a good chance I will run into problems?

Some people are stupidly, ridiculously, not have a life crybaby picky because the screen has some purple tint at the lowest brightness setting. It's fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
Some people are stupidly, ridiculously, not have a life crybaby picky because the screen has some purple tint at the lowest brightness setting. It's fine.

Actually, no matter what smartphone you buy, a warranty is important. It isn't uncommon for things like the power/volume buttons to break, usb stop working, etc. Having a warranty in your own country is important.

luckyplanet

Feb 26, 2012
Not yet. Though I did get an email about the square trade 2yr warranty for $62. not sure if I should bite.....

nrlatsha

Jun 24, 2006
Dailysteals is crooked, I've had nothing but problems from them too. Usually the stuff they sell is fake.

okayokayokay

Sep 28, 2010
You won't be able to send it back to Samsung if things go wrong. You'll have to ship it to the UK (if you are lucky) or some place more exotic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

idarwin

May 31, 2012
Warranty?

What are these problems with the Nexus that people are speaking of that makes the warranty worth the extra money? Is it something specific to the Galaxy Nexus devices or is it like any other product where it's just by chance that your product might go bad?

I would totally agree that warranty would be worth the extra money if the Nexus' are bound to be problematic but then again, I'd probably not buy the phone in the first place if it were so.

The thing is, you never know! Apart from the mentioned slight color tinge, there aren't any known problems yet with this phone. But problems can take many months to emerge, such as the power button failure on the Nexus One (made by HTC, not Samsung, but still sold by Google) -- constant flexion of the power button's daughter board led to failure; mine went after about 18 months.

Obi-wan Kenobi said:
Always in motion the future is.

Warranties are good for peace of mind, but nothing is perfect - you can do without a warranty and hope for luck, and you may get it, or you can pay extra for a warranty (offered on the eBay sale in question, btw, for an additional $70), and then have the product fail the month after the warranty is up.

As in everything else, "ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances."

jomaxwel

Dec 2, 2009
Ordered mine on the 31st at 11:30 and no shipping info. I also received an email for the third party warranty. If you look at the item at the daily deals web site directly it states they have a one year warranty. On one of the previous sale threads for daily deals and the galaxy nexus customers stated they had no problem registering the phones warranty with samsung with supplied warranty card. So I guess we will see. I will be interested to see what happens on monday. When I purchased it said I will receive it between the 5th to the 11th. Again time will tell.

Yenupuri

May 20, 2011
I bought from them before. The Nexus S (a year ago). Got what was promised but it Took them 28 days to ship it. Really gave it a thought and pulled the trigger again. Hopefully they move their tush a little faster this time ( they were tough to get a hold of but they did get back.... looks like they sell first and get the stock next....before they ship)
Thought I should add my experience with them as I do not want people to freak out after a week.
Cheers.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

jomaxwel

Dec 2, 2009
Their post on eBay says they ship within 24-48 hours. I know if its much past that their reputation on eBay is going to take a massive hit. Looking at almost 600 devices sold as of now. Again we will see in the week to follow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm not trying to stir anything up here so please don't take what I say personally. I'm just very interested in purchasing the Nexus but also getting a little nervous because of people saying that Playstore + warranty is the way to go. It kind of implies that there's a good chance I will run into problems?

I saw that. I'm wondering what build it comes with and I highly doubt it'll be with a USA warranty.
    It says in the bottom of description it is a international version. Better to go with Google play IMHO. I got mine without tax so it was a good deal.
    So I just bought this. Does anyone have a link to instructions or a guide to flash the takju build before I set up everything on the phone. Thanks!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626895
    Got an email today they refunded my overnight shipping... told em to cancel my order and refund the rest...they did.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA