[TAR][STOCK]Full L900VPALJ1 - "Back to Stock"

Search This thread

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Hello all! Here are the directions with links on how to go back to stock L900VPALJ1 FW. It will be provided for everyone because playing with these phones can sometimes go south and you always want to be able to go back to stock :) Please follow these directions to flash this:

1. Download the stock tar - (mirror link) MD5SUM: d42d84446d5ce832999ebb92f21f56b0
  2. Download Odin - (mirror link)
  3. Download the Drivers - (mirror link)
  4. Install the drivers, reboot if prompted.
  5. Extract the .zip you downloaded from Step 1 and remember that location.
  6. Start Odin by right-clicking on it and choose "Run as Administrator"
  7. Go into download mode - power off the phone, then press and hold Vol Down + Home + Power. Press Vol Up when prompted with the warning about flashing custom software.
  8. Plug in the phone, make sure Odin recognizes it (first box should light up, indicating a device was found)
  9. Click the PDA button and chose the .md5 file you extracted earlier.
  10. Click Start

It is important that you DO NOT close the program, unplug the cable, or really even touch the phone while this runs. The phone will reboot on its own when it's done flashing.

Credits:
My friends at Samsung-Updates.com for the tar :)

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
Awesome viperboy! I was starting to wonder if people were going to be able to download these anymore, since it's very important to keep them on hand in case you mess up your phone. My old links to the deleted thread stopped working, and now I can replace them with this one.

How To Flash your Note 2 Stock Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTUW1_L5fmU

Autris

May 9, 2010
I'm getting an MD5 checksum invalid when flashing this via Odin, is anyone else getting that problem?
The checksum checks out for the zip file. I have downloaded it 4 different times and each time the checksum on the zip works but the tar comes up invalid in Odin

Odin Log:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> SPH-L900_L900VPALJ1_L900VPALJ1_L900SPTALJ1.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

Last edited:

percentevo

Dec 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix
Samsung Galaxy A70
I'm getting an MD5 checksum invalid when flashing this via Odin, is anyone else getting that problem?
The checksum checks out for the zip file. I have downloaded it 4 different times and each time the checksum on the zip works but the tar comes up invalid in Odin

Odin Log:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> SPH-L900_L900VPALJ1_L900VPALJ1_L900SPTALJ1.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

I got the same error with this file after multiple attempts. Found an image that worked here...
Hope this works for you, good luck! :fingers-crossed:

Just to set this straight, I should've credited wwjoshdew for that image post. I got it from his how-to video. It saved my bricked phone and was just tryin to pay it forward. Much apologies for any trouble caused!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: wwjoshdew

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
Way to post sextape's image without crediting him!

I can definitely see where you've earned the credit there.

/sarcasm

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com

/sarcasm

Sextape removed himself from the forum and the link to sxtp doesn't work. Where did he get the stock tar from? Did he make it? We don't know if viperboy got it from the same person or place that the "guest" from the other thread got theirs from.

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA

/sarcasm

Proof that it's his please?

But I did remove the link anyway. I dont believe the tar to be his but I will not thank or credit anyone that asks for money before helping the community. Not only is that against XDA rules, but that is just being a douche. Imagine if a ROM/kernel dev did that. It wouldn't fly. Why? Because you have other choices, but choices were limited with only one person getting these files. Now, it shouldn't be as much of an issue.

I will post up a different version of the tar that I know has nothing to do with sextape's version, just for you honey :)

Sextape removed himself from the forum and the link to sxtp doesn't work. Where did he get the stock tar from? Did he make it? We don't know if viperboy got it from the same person or place that the "guest" from the other thread got theirs from.

Thanks man, appreciate the support. Some people "know" everything while knowing nothing ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis

But I did remove the link anyway. I dont believe the tar to be his but I will not thank or credit anyone that asks for money before helping the community. Not only is that against XDA rules, but that is just being a douche. Imagine if a ROM/kernel dev did that. It wouldn't fly. Why? Because you have other choices, but choices were limited with only one person getting these files. Now, it shouldn't be as much of an issue.

I will post up a different version of the tar that I know has nothing to do with sextape's version, just for you honey :)

Thanks man, appreciate the support. Some people "know" everything while knowing nothing ;)

I don't see how sextape saying that he wasn't going to post 4.2 yet (until he tested it thoroughly) since due to the nature of test builds, it may not work on factory devices, is asking for money. However, regardless of your opinion on him (asking for money and what not), it is plagiarism to post something that he acquired as your own. While he didn't make it (Samsung did and he never claimed he did), without him, you (as well as the entire community) would not have the file, so why don't you give him some respect and stop being so entitled to everything. You are not entitled to his leaks. He is giving them out to the community because he is a nice guy. So what if he feels like the community could help him out a little bit? So what if he thinks that it can be a give and take relationship? He's given his fair share, why can't anyone give him something for it? Is that a crime against humanity? Because if so, I advise you to take a good long look at the post above mine with its two donate buttons. Why do his standards not apply to you? Why can you ask for donations but not him? What makes you so goddamn special?

Reactions: slick_rick

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
I don't see how sextape saying that he wasn't going to post 4.2 yet (until he tested it thoroughly) since due to the nature of test builds, it may not work on factory devices, is asking for money. However, regardless of your opinion on him (asking for money and what not), it is plagiarism to post something that he acquired as your own. While he didn't make it (Samsung did and he never claimed he did), without him, you (as well as the entire community) would not have the file, so why don't you give him some respect and stop being so entitled to everything. You are not entitled to his leaks. He is giving them out to the community because he is a nice guy. So what if he feels like the community could help him out a little bit? So what if he thinks that it can be a give and take relationship? He's given his fair share, why can't anyone give him something for it? Is that a crime against humanity? Because if so, I advise you to take a good long look at the post above mine with its two donate buttons. Why do his standards not apply to you? Why can you ask for donations but not him? What makes you so goddamn special?

Again I will ask, please provide me with proof that it is his. Because your point is irrelevant without it.

Reactions: Uncle Louie

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
The MD5 hash on his and your AndroidFileHost link are the exact same. He uploaded a couple days before, so I feel like you can put two and two together there, don't you, Derek?

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
The MD5 hash on his and your AndroidFileHost link are the exact same. He uploaded a couple days before, so I feel like you can put two and two together there, don't you, Derek?

Well, I was not aware of that. Thank you for pointing it out. I got this file from someone else and didn't know that it was the same. As said, I took the link down. I will be adding a new link to a different file that IS NOT from him once it finishes uploading. Thank you for your concern and bringing this to my attention :)

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
Well, I was not aware of that. Thank you for pointing it out. I got this file from someone else and didn't know that it was the same. As said, I took the link down. I will be adding a new link to a different file that IS NOT from him once it finishes uploading. Thank you for your concern and bringing this to my attention :)
Alright, now that that's outta the way, why can you ask for donations, but he can't?

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
Alright, now that that's outta the way, why can you ask for donations, but he can't?

Hi.

He was asking for donations up front. With a supposed goal. The goal amount was never listed, and you aren't allowed to ask for donations up front. Viperboy still releases his work with out donations.

Savvy?

Reactions: reverepats

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA

As a dev, you are thread sh1tting and you should know better. I don't know how you even wondered out of your little sandbox and got over here. I will continue to answer you until someone comes and cleans this up...

Does my OP ask for donations? No. Did I say I wouldn't release something until money was paid? No. As a reminder for you, please read the XDA rules. Let me quote the important section for you...

8. Donations.

We appreciate all donations to xda-developers.com, it keeps our forum online and well maintained. As a user you're allowed to ask for donations in your signature as a thank you for your hard work. However donations up front are not allowed, this forum is about sharing, not about getting paid to do something, that's what your job is for.

So I am perfectly in compliance and sextape wasn't. Hope that clears it up for you :)

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

As a Recognized Developer you are held to higher standards on XDA as others. Proper credit needs to be posted when using or posting other's work. It would be nice to answer Moderator PMs as well. Sextape asked to have his account removed, he was not banned. If you downloaded the file from his former post then there is no reason not to give a thanks. No XDA action was taken other than his thread unapproved. If you disagree with his actions that is a different issue than giving proper thanks and credit as required by XDA rules.
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Edit: I see that you claim to have been unaware of the source of your original file yet also did not thank the "other" source that got the exact same file for you.
Also enough of the sextape debate. This is not the place for it.

Last edited:

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
As a Recognized Developer you are held to higher standards on XDA as others. Proper credit needs to be posted when using or posting other's work. It would be nice to answer Moderator PMs as well. Sextape asked to have his account removed, he was not banned. If you downloaded the file from his former post then there is no reason not to give a thanks. No XDA action was taken other than his thread unapproved. If you disagree with his actions that is a different issue then giving proper thanks and credit as required by XDA rules.
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

And as I said, someone said it was his, I was unaware (and not even sure that it was accurate), but I removed it anyway. The next file that will be up has 0 to do with him, so no credit to him is needed nor will it be in the OP.

I read your PM on my phone but forgot to respond, sorry about that.

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
And as I said, someone said it was his, I was unaware (and not even sure that it was accurate), but I removed it anyway. The next file that will be up has 0 to do with him, so no credit to him is needed nor will it be in the OP.

How were you "unaware"? Did you not see a thread with the same version a few days ago? I really doubt that poor excuse.

Reactions: slick_rick

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

Gotcha....question...how different can a stock tar be?

B

B.Jay

What makes you so goddamn special?

Let me remind you to think how you're going to approach people; being offensive is not what we want to see here - and consider this a friendly warning.

Apart from that: A LEAK belongs to NO ONE apart from the manufacturer who actually holds the copyright on the firmware. You complaining about "it's sextape's, not your's" is totally, absolutely, irrelevant. If you're so inclined to point out possible ownership you well better look into the terms of copyright and intellectual property first and then you may point out that it actually belongs to Samsung.

Also, just as a another friendly reminder - THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD! If you feel like playing sextape fanboi take it to IRC, Facebook, Twitter or whatever service else the world doesn't care about.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! Here are the directions with links on how to go back to stock L900VPALJ1 FW. It will be provided for everyone because playing with these phones can sometimes go south and you always want to be able to go back to stock :) Please follow these directions to flash this:

1. Download the stock tar - (mirror link) MD5SUM: d42d84446d5ce832999ebb92f21f56b0
    2. Download Odin - (mirror link)
    3. Download the Drivers - (mirror link)
    4. Install the drivers, reboot if prompted.
    5. Extract the .zip you downloaded from Step 1 and remember that location.
    6. Start Odin by right-clicking on it and choose "Run as Administrator"
    7. Go into download mode - power off the phone, then press and hold Vol Down + Home + Power. Press Vol Up when prompted with the warning about flashing custom software.
    8. Plug in the phone, make sure Odin recognizes it (first box should light up, indicating a device was found)
    9. Click the PDA button and chose the .md5 file you extracted earlier.
    10. Click Start

It is important that you DO NOT close the program, unplug the cable, or really even touch the phone while this runs. The phone will reboot on its own when it's done flashing.

Credits:
    My friends at Samsung-Updates.com for the tar :)

Enjoy :)
    Reserved, just in case.
    Awesome viperboy! I was starting to wonder if people were going to be able to download these anymore, since it's very important to keep them on hand in case you mess up your phone. My old links to the deleted thread stopped working, and now I can replace them with this one.

How To Flash your Note 2 Stock Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTUW1_L5fmU

I have put up another stock tar for you guys. This one came from Samsung-Updates.com, credits in OP, filename says it as well. Original file was located here but hotfile is slow as hell lol so I mirrored it for you guys. I will have another mirror up tonight once I get back to school.

Please someone test this to make sure it flashes, it should without issue. Thanks!

/sarcasm

i really dont understand ur need to come in here and totally derail the thread. especially when u urself have not always 100% of the time given proper credit where due and infact have even been accused of stealing code. those are all just accusations which anyone can throw out but seeing as how uve been in the same position before u would have a little more sympathy and give the dude the benefit of the doubt. he took down the damn file so get over it. who cares when where how why he got the file? as stated its none of ur property its samsungs. there were complaints. he responded to the complaints same goes for u so why the need to try and be all high and might?
    man this is soooooo disappointing when u get a new device and ur so excited to learn about it and do all the stuff u can do then u try and gather all the things u need but run into threads like this that are too busy worrying about their sandy vaginas over getting credit for something that they didnt even do. i love all the work everyone does here but sometimes man its so annoying sitting here having to filter through crap like this just to get to the things we need