Ghost called me?

Search This thread

nooktablet

Mar 30, 2012
Today I received an incoming call from a known number (my friend) and when I accepted the call (slide to the right) the timer started counting and I was hearing the sound that you hear when you dial somebody. Because, it was, in fact actually dialing that number. My friend didn't pick up her phone (busy or something) so I got the message "please leave a voicemail..."

And that happened about 4 more times, one of those time she picked up the phone and asked why I called her. I said I didn't call her. I received an incoming call from her. And after that until now I keep receiving a notification saying "new voicemail" and there are new voicemail. And these voicemail are the sound mentioned above (the sound you hear when you dial somebody).

So what happened? How can an incoming call when accepted call back? And who made the calls? It appeared that my friend had access to her phone, not like it was stolen or something.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
It can possibly be the network provider (yours or your friend's carrier) acting up. That issue doesn't sound like its the actual phone. Have both you and your friend call both of your carriers and ask them to reset the network. Explain the situation to them. Maybe they were doing some testing/maintenance and it interfered with the service.

sent from my neXus 5

nooktablet

Mar 30, 2012
I followed dicecuber's advice and called 911. I was told that this was done by the NSA.

Just kidding :D

Now things seem to be peaceful. No more calls from my known-but-unknown friend. I now have 6 voicemail like that though. Wasted about 30 minutes to listen to those voicemail, and I'm using T-Mobile $30 100-minute plan.

I thought of the possibility of an app on my phone doing this and am considering doing a factory reset, but I'm not sure if it's even possible for an app to do that. Not to mention I believe I don't have any malicious apps on my device.
- If I do a firmware restore would I need to calibrate the battery?
- Do you add an "s" after "voicemail" to make it plural?

For those that are wondering, this is absolutely not a trolling post nor a joke.

Top Liked Posts