Stock 4.4.2 Kit Kat Mods - Enable LG Home Themes and more.

Search This thread

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Never have had any issues with GB or g2 tweak box the calling thing is a known issue and the lg g pro kit Kat fixer fixes that its in a thread somewhere and GB works on stock and aosp Roms with no issues

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Please read this knowing that I'm not arguing with you! I'm just stating... facts I guess:

The developer of GravityBox told me personally 2 days ago that GB was not made for stock roms and was only made to work on AOSP roms. (It also says so on the download page of GB within Xposed Installer and on the official forum).
This doesn't necessarily mean that GB will not work, but just that it wasn't meant to work with our stock ROM. So if anyone has GB enabled and start having problems with their phone, the first thing to try is to disable GB.

I know for a fact that tons of G PRO users use GB without problems, so I'm not denying that it doesn't work. I mean, it worked for me back on Jelly Bean (using the JB version of GB obviously), and on my previous Optimus G Pro that had Kitkat, but got bricked. No problems at all! It's just that because the module wasn't intended for non-AOSP roms, a few small glitches might occur here and there.

Basically, you use GravityBox at your own risk.
The developer will not change the code to improve compatibility if you are having problems unless you are on an AOSP rom.

As for me, all I know is that incoming calls were not waking the screen and the ringtone was crackling. I had no way to answer any of my incoming calls. When I disabled GB, the problem went away immediately, and when I reenabled it, the problem came back. This was occurring without any of GB's phone tweaks enabled too.

I went to the GravityBox forum to see if anyone could explain this, but I got SEVERELY flamed by other people on there because I was not using an AOSP rom and still seeking help.
So just as a heads up: If you have a problem with GB and need help, ask on the OGP forums and not on the GB one. You will get punched, scratched, flamed, and kicked all around by the other members there.

I did get direct help by the developer though. He was nice and helped the best that he could. He concluded though that GB just wasn't going to work right on my phone, so I uninstalled it.

However, after the problems I was having with my phone yesterday without GB even installed, I do wonder now if the incoming call issue was actually due to something else, but exacerbated by GravityBox. I don't know, and I'm afraid to find out. I had to reflash stock entirely, and I'm now using G2 Tweaksbox and it's working great now, but wasn't before the reflash. It isn't intended for the OGP, but it was designed for stock LG roms, so there should be less chances of glitches. I'm just sticking to it for now.
I bet if I tried GB now though, it would work flawlessly.

So overall, my point is this:
I used to use GB without problems.
I just used the latest version of GB and it did give me problems.
GB is not intended for non-AOSP roms, so glitches and problems are possible.
My phone was severely messed up, so perhaps GB will work now that I reflashed everything.
I'm using G2 Tweaksbox now, which is designed for the LG stock rom (G2's though), so theoretically, there should be less chances of problems.
:D

BTW: I searched for the OGP KitKat Fixer and can't find anything.
The only thing I am aware of that sounds familiar is the SD Fix app from the Play store, which restores write access to the external SD Card on KitKat. But I don't think this is what you are referring to because that has nothing to do with phone calls....

hopsin4444

Aug 17, 2013
denver
fastunlockandmore2.webs.com
Please read this knowing that I'm not arguing with you! I'm just stating... facts I guess:

The developer of GravityBox told me personally 2 days ago that GB was not made for stock roms and was only made to work on AOSP roms. (It also says so on the download page of GB within Xposed Installer and on the official forum).
This doesn't necessarily mean that GB will not work, but just that it wasn't meant to work with our stock ROM. So if anyone has GB enabled and start having problems with their phone, the first thing to try is to disable GB.

I know for a fact that tons of G PRO users use GB without problems, so I'm not denying that it doesn't work. I mean, it worked for me back on Jelly Bean (using the JB version of GB obviously), and on my previous Optimus G Pro that had Kitkat, but got bricked. No problems at all! It's just that because the module wasn't intended for non-AOSP roms, a few small glitches might occur here and there.

Basically, you use GravityBox at your own risk.
The developer will not change the code to improve compatibility if you are having problems unless you are on an AOSP rom.

As for me, all I know is that incoming calls were not waking the screen and the ringtone was crackling. I had no way to answer any of my incoming calls. When I disabled GB, the problem went away immediately, and when I reenabled it, the problem came back. This was occurring without any of GB's phone tweaks enabled too.

I went to the GravityBox forum to see if anyone could explain this, but I got SEVERELY flamed by other people on there because I was not using an AOSP rom and still seeking help.
So just as a heads up: If you have a problem with GB and need help, ask on the OGP forums and not on the GB one. You will get punched, scratched, flamed, and kicked all around by the other members there.

I did get direct help by the developer though. He was nice and helped the best that he could. He concluded though that GB just wasn't going to work right on my phone, so I uninstalled it.

However, after the problems I was having with my phone yesterday without GB even installed, I do wonder now if the incoming call issue was actually due to something else, but exacerbated by GravityBox. I don't know, and I'm afraid to find out. I had to reflash stock entirely, and I'm now using G2 Tweaksbox and it's working great now, but wasn't before the reflash. It isn't intended for the OGP, but it was designed for stock LG roms, so there should be less chances of glitches. I'm just sticking to it for now.
I bet if I tried GB now though, it would work flawlessly.

So overall, my point is this:
I used to use GB without problems.
I just used the latest version of GB and it did give me problems.
GB is not intended for non-AOSP roms, so glitches and problems are possible.
My phone was severely messed up, so perhaps GB will work now that I reflashed everything.
I'm using G2 Tweaksbox now, which is designed for the LG stock rom (G2's though), so theoretically, there should be less chances of problems.
:D

BTW: I searched for the OGP KitKat Fixer and can't find anything.
The only thing I am aware of that sounds familiar is the SD Fix app from the Play store, which restores write access to the external SD Card on KitKat. But I don't think this is what you are referring to because that has nothing to do with phone calls....

Hey man no problem at all I am just saying I have never had a problem with gravity box on any stock ROM as far as the kit Kay fixer I am sorry its only for T-Mobile which mine is unlocked so I doubt it would work for at&t maybe though.. Its called lge980 T-Mobile kit Kat fixer gotta flash on every new ROM to get calls to work right sorry for that again that was very misleading

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Hey man no problem at all I am just saying I have never had a problem with gravity box on any stock ROM as far as the kit Kay fixer I am sorry its only for T-Mobile which mine is unlocked so I doubt it would work for at&t maybe though.. Its called lge980 T-Mobile kit Kat fixer gotta flash on every new ROM to get calls to work right sorry for that again that was very misleading

Aaaaaaaaand just my freaking luck. With G2 Tweaksbox installed and setup with the settings I want, my phone now isn't entering deep sleep, which is causing me extreme battery drain with the screen off. No clue if it's the settings I have or what, but if I completely disable G2 TB from Xposed and reboot, the phone will sleep like a grizzly hibernating through a 3 year winter!
What's more, it turns out that the reason I was having issues before with GravityBox wasn't due to GB, but my phone. Something in the system (unrelated to GB) got messed up and kept crashing my PhoneUI. I ended up having to reflash everything. Now GB works great!

So I basically had to do a 360. What I thought was broken is now fixed, and what I thought worked great, is giving me problems. And this has been my life lately :crying:

Again, not arguing, but the fact that GB was intended for AOSP only and that you use it at your own risk still applies.
GB has tons of options, but only like 90% of them will work with our phone (unless you're on AOSP).

EDIT: Oh and BTW, I can confirm that the theming engine doesn't need G2 TB running. It seems you only need to install it to get the Hidden Settings option and then check the appropriate setting. After that, you can disable G2 TB.
Just don't install too many themes. This seems to crash the theming window.

Last edited:

hopsin4444

Aug 17, 2013
denver
Aaaaaaaaand just my freaking luck. With G2 Tweaksbox installed and setup with the settings I want, my phone now isn't entering deep sleep, which is causing me extreme battery drain with the screen off.
What's more, it turns out that the reason I was having issues before with GravityBox wasn't due to GB, but my phone. Something in the system (unrelated to GB) got messed up and kept crashing my PhoneUI. I ended up having to reflash everything. Now GB works great!

So I basically had to do a 360. What I thought was broken is now fixed, and what I thought worked great, is giving me problems. And this has been my life lately :crying:

Again, not arguing, but the fact that GB was intended for AOSP only and that you use it at your own risk still applies.
GB has tons of options, but only like 90% of them will work with our phone (unless you're on AOSP).

Damn man I am sorry your having issues I've been chillin on stock since the 4.4.2 update with no mods at all just for that reason lol I normally lay low and see what works and what does not for people before I start doing anything

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Damn man I am sorry your having issues I've been chillin on stock since the 4.4.2 update with no mods at all just for that reason lol I normally lay low and see what works and what does not for people before I start doing anything

LMAO :laugh:
You just hide in the grass while all of us get blown up by our mistake-bombs. Then you crawl out and take our shoes, wallets, and jewelry, huh?
Not to go off topic, but seriously, that seems to be pretty smart right now. Have you seen all the reports of bricking in the Help section? YIKES!
(And it happened to me too a few days ago!)

BTW: I'm only trying to use GB/G2 TB in order to activate the advanced reboot menu and to remove some icons from the status bar. I think the status bar gets too clutter with icons sometimes!

Last edited:

hopsin4444

Aug 17, 2013
denver
LMAO :laugh:
You just hide in the grass while all of us get blown up by our mistake-bombs. Then you crawl out and take our shoes, wallets, and jewelry, huh?
Not to go off topic, but seriously, that seems to be pretty smart right now. Have you seen all the reports of bricking in the Help section? YIKES!
(And it happened to me too a few days ago!)

BTW: I'm only trying to use GB/G2 TB in order to activate the advanced reboot menu and to remove some icons from the status bar. I think the status bar gets too clutter with icons sometimes!

Yeah man I'm usually not like that but with this LG G pro for some reason the LG tools does not work on my new Windows 8 laptop so I don't really want to make too many mistakes I've had it bricked twice now and it is a miserable ***** to get it fixed it was a Samsung or something else like that I would have no problem flashing I actually do a lot of testing for certain developers and I do some dabble in in developing as well you should check out the candy shop thread for my custom keyboards dialers
Did you happen to ever find the link for that xitrom?

Last edited:

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Aaaaaaaaand just my freaking luck. With G2 Tweaksbox installed and setup with the settings I want, my phone now isn't entering deep sleep, which is causing me extreme battery drain with the screen off. No clue if it's the settings I have or what, but if I completely disable G2 TB from Xposed and reboot, the phone will sleep like a grizzly hibernating through a 3 year winter!

EDIT: Oh and BTW, I can confirm that the theming engine doesn't need G2 TB running. It seems you only need to install it to get the Hidden Settings option and then check the appropriate setting. After that, you can disable G2 TB.
Just don't install too many themes. This seems to crash the theming window.

It's weird to quote oneself, I know, but I need to take back my statement.
My battery drain was NOT G2 Tweaksbox, but rather Google Play Services. I was hit by the "Google Play Services Bug," which causes the Play Services to become locked in the running state for hours, which keeps the phone awake, locks the CPU at full speed, and thus drains your battery within a few hours. It all happens randomly and fixes itself after reboot, but only until the services run again an hour or two later. In my case, the problem started and I removed G2 Tweaksbox and rebooted, which made it look like this solved the problem. It didn't.
Anyway, I have no real idea of how to fix the bug, but I'm not going to discuss that here (please don't reply here regarding it). I only wanted to correct myself so as not to discourage other people from using G2 Tweaksbox.

Emmanuel2000

Oct 9, 2012
can anybody post a recovery for the e980 in kitkat? one that has worked for you and can accessed easily by a bootup keystroke. Thank you.

rollyR

Aug 10, 2014
lghome.apk 4.4.2

Hello.
Could someone please give me a link to original LGHome.apk for LG Optimus G with stock KitKat 4.4.2. ?
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is what I have found works. I take no credit for anything below. I will link directly to the appropriate thread. Please give them thanks.

For the majority of these, you will need rovo89's xposed framework.

Modules:

G2 Tweakbox - P_toti. This has so many functions that work on the g pro. Including the abilty to enable the hidden settings in your home screen settings. This is a great way to enable the theme chooser. (See post 2)

Double tap status bar to sleep - zst123. Works flawlessly.

Ok Google Hotword detection - MohammedAG. Works great.

Out of time.. will add more shortly.

Link to stock 4.4.2 apps: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4416141
    Install xposed framework and g2 tweakbox, reboot.

Open g2 tweakbox, choose lg launcher tweaks.

Enable the option to show hidden lg launcher settings, reboot.

Open your home settings, you will now see this option.

sm9a4x.png

Open hidden settings, and use the search function to search theme. Disable feature_hide_theme_settings, enable feature_use_theme as shown below.

23h6mgz.png

Hit your home button to refresh the system ui. You will now have the theme option under menu/ home screen settings.

Enjoy!

Careful in the hidden settings, some things dont work. Easy ui, etc.
    I finally got around to trying this and it worked!
    I thought I read it on here somewhere, but my sleepy eyes can't seem to find it, but once you enable the settings, can you disable or uninstall the G2 Tweakbox and still have the Themes option remain in the menu? I tried this, but the theming engine kept crashing every time I selected a theme. BUT I also had like 20 themes installed, which could've overloaded the system. I then reenabled the G2 tweaksbox and uninstalled some unwanted themes (was testing them anyway), and then everything worked fine again. I now have like 6 themes installed.
    can anybody post a recovery for the e980 in kitkat? one that has worked for you and can accessed easily by a bootup keystroke. Thank you.

Huh? There are many Recovery's for the e980 you need to look on the forums before asking thanks