[Q] Restoring from a bootloop with only fastboot accessible?

Search This thread

iCoder79

Mar 17, 2013
Hi,

Few days ago I managed to put my Archos 79XE into a bootloop during an attempt to deodex the stock rom. Now, I can boot into stock recovery and fastboot modes only.

I contacted Archos customer service, and they sent me an update.zip file, with instructions to copy the update.zip to my sdcard, then flash it through recovery mode. This solution is not applicable, though, since the device recognizes two different sdcard's, one internal and one external, the recovery only sees the internal sdcard, which i can't copy the file to since i don't have ADB access now.

What I did next was an attempt to create a fastboot flashable system.img. But couldn't flash that, as fastboot flash system system.img gets stuck at erasing the partition and never go past it.

So, my question is: is there a way to make the stock recovery work with the external sdcard, instead of the internal? I was thinking maybe fastboot -c and pass some kernel command line to switch both mount points?

Or is there any custom recovery that can apply the update.zip? I couldn't find any cwm or twrp custom recovery for this device.

P.S.
The device reports being a tk8983 in fastboot devices.