[Q] Stuck in boot loop please help

Search This thread
Dec 24, 2013
While flashing a new rom, something happened and now I'm stuck in bootloop. I can access hboot/fastboot and the computer does recognize the phone when hooked up via usb. I've tried running an RUU, but I got an error message stating I was installing the wrong one. I can't seem to find any RUU's that will download completely. Can anyone please help me save this phone? My wife is going to kill me if I can't get it working. I'm not that familiar with running cmd prompts, so if you could walk me through it, or send me to a youtube video, I would be greatly appreciated.

I was running TWRP 2.6.0, and the issue occured when I tried flashing to 2.6.3 and then tried installing 4.4 kit kat. The more I messed with it, the worse it got. I had backed up the phone and used it several times to reflash it to the back up, but finally, it gave out too. Now I have no recovery and no clue where to begin. I just want this thing back to stock. Here is what I've working with:

M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.56.0000
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Jan 23 2014,22:11:35.0

Dec 24, 2013
While flashing a new rom, something happened and now I'm stuck in bootloop. I can access hboot/fastboot and the computer does recognize the phone when hooked up via usb. I've tried running an RUU, but I got an error message stating I was installing the wrong one. I can't seem to find any RUU's that will download completely. Can anyone please help me save this phone? My wife is going to kill me if I can't get it working. I'm not that familiar with running cmd prompts, so if you could walk me through it, or send me to a youtube video, I would be greatly appreciated.

I was running TWRP 2.6.0, and the issue occured when I tried flashing to 2.6.3 and then tried installing 4.4 kit kat. The more I messed with it, the worse it got. I had backed up the phone and used it several times to reflash it to the back up, but finally, it gave out too. Now I have no recovery and no clue where to begin. I just want this thing back to stock. Here is what I've working with:

M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.56.0000
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Jan 23 2014,22:11:35.0

I've tried running the update utility to install the new rom, but it doesn't work. Everything appears to load fine...it says erasing, and then sending...and I get the message that it will take 10 minutes. After about 6 minutes or so, I get an error (155) Unknown Error. "The rom update utility cannot update your Android phone. Please get the correct ROM update utility and try again.

What rom update do I need??

Dec 24, 2013
I've tried running the update utility to install the new rom, but it doesn't work. Everything appears to load fine...it says erasing, and then sending...and I get the message that it will take 10 minutes. After about 6 minutes or so, I get an error (155) Unknown Error. "The rom update utility cannot update your Android phone. Please get the correct ROM update utility and try again.

What rom update do I need??

The RUU I tried was...Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_3_04_651_2_RUU

Now downloading Guru_Reset_M7_Sprint_1.29

Tried every RUU I can find....all get the same error. I'm hoping that because it's even being recognized and starts installing that's a good thing right?

I think it's because there is no OS installed, so there is nothing to upgrade the rom from. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to send this back to HTC, as I know the warranty will be voided...I've got tampered and unlocked at the top.

Even if I do have to send it in for repair...anyone know how much it might cost? Would it be cheaper to file with insurance? I've got twin babies...and they are always getting into stuff "ahem". Honestly though, I can't even afford the insurance cost to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.