T-Mobile ROM for Verizon G2

Search This thread

primus123

May 21, 2010
Gretna
I have an unlocked G2 from Verizon, rooted. 8 have all the carrier settings in place, but I have a couple icons on top of status bar that I want to go away. Do I need to install a TMO ROM for that? There is a SIM card symbol, the roaming symbol and what looks to be the GPS, but the GPS is off, slim assuming it's the global symbol. Any help would be nice.. thanx...

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

primus123

May 21, 2010
Gretna
Not sure if anyone interested, I'm on stock VZW ROM, and rooted. Been looking to get a ROM that would allow the LTE in New Orleans. Well phone lost service. For about 10mins, just left alone, and it came back with the 4G LTE symbol, hmmm.

primus123

May 21, 2010
Gretna
Well, as for an update, the 4G LTE went away after about 20mins. Jasnt popped back up...

primus123

May 21, 2010
Gretna
You cant flash a Tmobile rom on a VZW phone. VZW is cdma...

I think most of us understand the different carrier bands.
The phone itself is unlocked. So it supports GSM. The question is mostly is there a ROM that will give an equivalent support for the ROM to act like the GSM tmobile ROM

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chrisbernal16

Jul 23, 2014
did anyone figure out how to get t mobile rom properly loaded onto verizon g2? I been working on this for a while but it doesnt even let me flash it. gives me error message could not open zip.

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
You can try doing this.
All models are the same hardware with some minor difference. CDMA VS GSM has nothing to do with flashing roms.
What I would do is get cloudystock rom and unzip it. Inside of it you will see a folder named variant. Get copy all those files from your variant folder and paste/replace on a tmobile rom with 7zip.
There you will have a tmobile rom with all the requirements from your model to work.
Let me know if this helps. Good luck