[Q] Bootloop - Samsung Galaxy S5830 B with CM10.1.6

Search This thread

offRiggs

Nov 7, 2013
Hello all

First of all, I'd like to say that I've spent a lot of time searching through XDA and other websites on the internet, and so far I didn't find a solution to my problem, and that's why I'm creating this new thread.

I have a Galaxy Ace S5830B and just flashed Mardon's version of CM10.1.6 ROM in it, following every single step on his guide, using CWM 5.0.2.6.

I made sure that before flashing the new ROM I wiped the whole thing, clearing cache, dalvik cache, formatting /system and doing the factory reset.

I did not manually flash any kernel.

Everything runs smoothly and ok, just like all compliments the ROM gets on his topic, except for when I have to shut the phone down.

Once it is shut down and I'm powering it back on it gets into a boot loop that won't go past the Samsung logo. It means that the Samsung logo goes on, fades off and then it loops back to it, and the Cyanogenmod blue circle loading animation never comes.

It only works when I get back into CWM and hit "reboot system now" . Then it reboots normally.

I'd just like it to act normally, booting normally straight from a powered off state without having to go through CWM everytime I need to switch the phone on. That's because it's my father's phone, and having him getting into CWM every now and then after a battery run off is too risky, you know what I mean.

Any help will be very very much appreciated.

Thank you

Riggs

Sent from my GT-i9300. Forgive some misspelling here and there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

Hello all

First of all, I'd like to say that I've spent a lot of time searching through XDA and other websites on the internet, and so far I didn't find a solution to my problem, and that's why I'm creating this new thread.

I have a Galaxy Ace S5830B and just flashed Mardon's version of CM10.1.6 ROM in it, following every single step on his guide, using CWM 5.0.2.6.

I made sure that before flashing the new ROM I wiped the whole thing, clearing cache, dalvik cache, formatting /system and doing the factory reset.

I did not manually flash any kernel.

Everything runs smoothly and ok, just like all compliments the ROM gets on his topic, except for when I have to shut the phone down.

Once it is shut down and I'm powering it back on it gets into a boot loop that won't go past the Samsung logo. It means that the Samsung logo goes on, fades off and then it loops back to it, and the Cyanogenmod blue circle loading animation never comes.

It only works when I get back into CWM and hit "reboot system now" . Then it reboots normally.

I'd just like it to act normally, booting normally straight from a powered off state without having to go through CWM everytime I need to switch the phone on. That's because it's my father's phone, and having him getting into CWM every now and then after a battery run off is too risky, you know what I mean.

Any help will be very very much appreciated.

Thank you

Riggs

Try doing a factory reset, it might solve it. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

offRiggs

Nov 7, 2013
Already did it, also wiping cache and dalvik cache. No solution.

But thank you anyways =)

Last edited:

aznracr_X

Jan 12, 2013
I also noticed this problem on my Ace S5830 and I have no idea why. I thought I was the only one who is having this problem. If anyone knows why, please tell.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
Already did it, also wiping cache and dalvik cache. No solution.

But thank you anyways =)

When you are using CM10.1 by Mardon, NEVER WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET!! ...You should fix your problem flashing again the rom ;)
The ROMs are already preconfigured and when you wipe data/factory reset, all those settings will be lost and the device won't be able to boot successfully again

Last edited:

offRiggs

Nov 7, 2013
Oh, nice to know that! I'll try it soon, then I'll post the results.