[Discussion][4.4.4] Battery life on new CM nightlies

Search This thread

Techpenguin5

Dec 26, 2013
colombo
I don't know if its just CyanogenMod attending to there bugs or Googles bug fixing, but battery life on android 4.4.4 (CM build 21/6/2013) is much improved over the old 4.4.3 nightlies. I have posted my results from yesterday below. Anyone else using these builds please post your results under this thread as well.
Screenshot_2014-06-22-20-58-31.jpg

Screenshot_2014-06-22-20-58-27.png

Screenshot_2014-06-22-20-51-37.png

Screenshot_2014-06-22-20-48-42.png

(These results were all from the same day)

SUMMARY

Screen time: 4.5hours
Talk time: 45 minutes

75% of the time I was on data 15% I was on WiFi throughout the day. Both attenas were on throughout the test however. Location services were on battery saving. NFC was off. Bluetooth was off.

All in all the phone lasted the whole day and has very very good screen time considering all the calls I was on+data and wifi.

P.S screen was off during calls

saintgein

Jan 27, 2013
I don't know if its just CyanogenMod attending to there bugs or Googles bug fixing, but battery life on android 4.4.4 (CM build 21/6/2013) is much improved over the old 4.4.3 nightlies. I have posted my results from yesterday below. Anyone else using these builds please post your results under this thread as well.
View attachment 2812966

View attachment 2812967

View attachment 2812968

View attachment 2812969

SUMMARY

75% of the time I was on data 15% I was on WiFi throughout the day. Both attenas were on throughout the test however. Location services were on battery saving. NFC was off. Bluetooth was off.

All in all the phone lasted the whole day and has very very good screen time considering all the calls I was on+data and wifi.

Sounds good. What about the performance and smoothness?

dnzdeniz

Feb 25, 2012
Off-topic but...
Is custom roms (such as cm) battery life better than the stock xperia battery life?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sruba209

Nov 24, 2012
bangalore
i have read over the internet that skype is a huge battery hog in android 4.3...nt sure abt 4.4... might i suggest video calling using hangouts....

peddarson

Aug 20, 2012
Off-topic but...
Is custom roms (such as cm) battery life better than the stock xperia battery life?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
it depends in what you are doing. In general there is nothing such the Sony ui and apps. so there is less power consumption - but when it comes to using the hardware then probably the Sony firmware is better because the drivers (should) be implemented correctly. In cm there are sometimes workarounds to get things working. This is not always the best solution for having the best performance.

but still: the people who are involved in custom roms do a very good job! pretty much everything works!

Destroyedbeauty

Apr 16, 2012
Sundsvall
it depends in what you are doing. In general there is nothing such the Sony ui and apps. so there is less power consumption - but when it comes to using the hardware then probably the Sony firmware is better because the drivers (should) be implemented correctly. In cm there are sometimes workarounds to get things working. This is not always the best solution for having the best performance.

but still: the people who are involved in custom roms do a very good job! pretty much everything works!

What I know - many AOSP / CM maintainers / developers are using signed, proper drivers straight from Sony themself. Specially after Sony did become friendly toward the open source scene..

It's the opposite direction on Samsung devices though what I know that got horrible manufacturer support.

ttrchicken

Sep 22, 2013
View attachment 2812966

View attachment 2812967

View attachment 2812968

View attachment 2812969

SUMMARY

I might not own a Sony Xperia Z1 but I've been noticing increased battery life from the latest CM11 nightly from June 23rd. I'm currently on the June 24th nightly running 4.4.4 Kitkat on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE and the increase in battery life is amazing. I don't have screen shots to show but all I can say is running the nightlies before June 23rd, my battery drained to zero within 6 hours of medium usage. But now, my battery only drains to 40%-50% with the same amount of usage. I'm pretty happy. CyanogenMod is the best.

Techpenguin5

Dec 26, 2013
colombo
i have read over the internet that skype is a huge battery hog in android 4.3...nt sure abt 4.4... might i suggest video calling using hangouts....

Skype is a battery hog for sure, which is what makes these results so impressive. But overall battery is much improved for CM in 4.4.4

P.S I would use hangouts but none of my friends use it. I anyway only use skype when playing gta

Techpenguin5

Dec 26, 2013
colombo
I might not own a Sony Xperia Z1 but I've been noticing increased battery life from the latest CM11 nightly from June 23rd. I'm currently on the June 24th nightly running 4.4.4 Kitkat on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE and the increase in battery life is amazing. I don't have screen shots to show but all I can say is running the nightlies before June 23rd, my battery drained to zero within 6 hours of medium usage. But now, my battery only drains to 40%-50% with the same amount of usage. I'm pretty happy. CyanogenMod is the best.

Thats great :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2014-06-22-20-58-31.jpg

Screenshot_2014-06-22-20-58-27.png

Screenshot_2014-06-22-20-51-37.png

Screenshot_2014-06-22-20-48-42.png

SUMMARY