[Q] Trouble on connecting android without hard reset function to pc

Search This thread

goldenghost07

Aug 28, 2014
I am having the trouble on connecting my Android phone to my PC (windows 7).
A friend of mine accidentally made my phone reach the "Too Many Pattern Attempt" of which I now am having trouble.
Coincidentally, my phone cannot connect to any PC (Windows) I have connected so far and doesn't have the function for "Hard Reset" (Or should I say it did have but doesn't have any options :mine uses Hold Vol+ + Power:)

Now this are what the USBDeview sees when I connect my phone.

Device Name: Spreadtrum Phone
Device Type: Unknown
Safe to Unplug: Yes
USB Hub: No
Serial Number: 19761202
Product ID: 5d03
USB Class: 00
USB Protocol: 00
Service Name: usbccgp
Driver Filename: usbccgp.sys
Device Mfg: [Standard USB Host Controller]
USB Version: 2.00
Driver Version: 5.1.2600.0

Description: USB Composite Device
Connected: Yes
Disabled: No
Drive Letter: -BLANK-
VendorID: 1782
Firmware Revision: 2.29
USB Subclass: 00
Hub/Port: -BLANK-
Vendor Name: -BLANK-
Parentld Prefix: 6&1d87c6b1&1
Service Description: Microsoft USB Gneric PArent Driver
Device Class: USB
Power: 500 mA
Driver Description: USB Composite Device
Instance ID: USB\Vid_1782&Pid_5d03\19761202

My Phone is called Firefly S070
I hope you can help me solve this problem.
Thank you very much in advance!

P.S.

Please tell me what to do step by step since I'm a beginner in this matter.

Belamigo

Sep 2, 2013
Funchal
...A friend of mine accidentally made my phone reach the "Too Many Pattern Attempt" of which I now am having trouble. Coincidentally, my phone cannot connect to any PC (Windows) ... and doesn't have the function for "Hard Reset" (Or should I say it did have but doesn't have any [of the usual] options :mine uses Hold Vol+ + Power:)

Now this is what the USBDeview sees when I connect my phone.

This should really be answered by some Android-Spreadtrum tech wizard -- but I see no one is 'biting'-- as your question is now scrolling down, away from the top.

I have interest in how you solve this because I also have a Spreadtrum phone. It runs very well, but I have learned the Spreadtrum chips are a little 'different' and don't respond to the usual fixes. On the other hand, I have heard they are impossible/almost impossible to 'brick', an advantage.

I saw one post that said recovery is possible if the debug option happened to be on at the time the phone 'locked up'. But you're saying that is not the case.

Until someone else with technical knowledge of Spreadtrum phones 'chimes in' the only remedy for your problem I can think of is to reflash the ROM. If you can find your exact phone model on needROM, the 'step by step' you request, along with the flashing software, should be included in the download you may access there.

I was able to cure my Spreadtrum phone of a boot-loop in this way. And yes, you're right, no matter which buttons you push or which menu you choose, you can't get a hard reset. The Spreadtrum chips do seem to be a bit difficult in this regard. If someone else gives a response to this question, and says otherwise, I would like to know about that, too.

Imaging the system is also difficult with these phones -- especially if no one's built a custom ROM for it. For mine, I was lucky, very lucky, to find a stock ROM (at needROM). Incidentally, this post refers to the second phone in my signature -- the only one using a Spreadtrum chip.

In the future, leave the screen unlocked so you just have to give it a quick swipe to open it. That's faster than the pattern lock. But, put an app-based lock instead on accessing certain apps: making phone calls, or accessing data / looking at the gallery. You do this, of course, by installing an appropriate app that performs this function. Then it won't happen again ...

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenghost07

goldenghost07

Aug 28, 2014
So is it still possible to make mine connect to PC if I got the right ROM? Do you still need a program to run a ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...A friend of mine accidentally made my phone reach the "Too Many Pattern Attempt" of which I now am having trouble. Coincidentally, my phone cannot connect to any PC (Windows) ... and doesn't have the function for "Hard Reset" (Or should I say it did have but doesn't have any [of the usual] options :mine uses Hold Vol+ + Power:)

Now this is what the USBDeview sees when I connect my phone.

This should really be answered by some Android-Spreadtrum tech wizard -- but I see no one is 'biting'-- as your question is now scrolling down, away from the top.

I have interest in how you solve this because I also have a Spreadtrum phone. It runs very well, but I have learned the Spreadtrum chips are a little 'different' and don't respond to the usual fixes. On the other hand, I have heard they are impossible/almost impossible to 'brick', an advantage.

I saw one post that said recovery is possible if the debug option happened to be on at the time the phone 'locked up'. But you're saying that is not the case.

Until someone else with technical knowledge of Spreadtrum phones 'chimes in' the only remedy for your problem I can think of is to reflash the ROM. If you can find your exact phone model on needROM, the 'step by step' you request, along with the flashing software, should be included in the download you may access there.

I was able to cure my Spreadtrum phone of a boot-loop in this way. And yes, you're right, no matter which buttons you push or which menu you choose, you can't get a hard reset. The Spreadtrum chips do seem to be a bit difficult in this regard. If someone else gives a response to this question, and says otherwise, I would like to know about that, too.

Imaging the system is also difficult with these phones -- especially if no one's built a custom ROM for it. For mine, I was lucky, very lucky, to find a stock ROM (at needROM). Incidentally, this post refers to the second phone in my signature -- the only one using a Spreadtrum chip.

In the future, leave the screen unlocked so you just have to give it a quick swipe to open it. That's faster than the pattern lock. But, put an app-based lock instead on accessing certain apps: making phone calls, or accessing data / looking at the gallery. You do this, of course, by installing an appropriate app that performs this function. Then it won't happen again ...