[DEV] Port Maemo / MeeGo

Search This thread

enatefox

Jul 4, 2008
down but not forgotten, im still working to get this going. looks like we'll have a dual-boot recovery very shortly as well =D. can you please upload what you do have so we can work off of it?

storm99999

Nov 11, 2007
Sorry about that, here's the .ks file without the proprietary stuff we don't need. It should be kept up to date, and yes, it is identical to the one on the proprietary server except this one is keyed to the daily build server and there isn't a proprietary repo.

http://meego.gitorious.org/meego-os...s/blobs/master/handset/handset-armv7l-n900.ks

Oh, if @BUILD_ID@ is not populated automatically, it should either be replaced with "daily", or one of the weeklies found here: http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/builds/trunk/

(For example, right now, I'd use 1.0.90.1.20100907.1 for the ID as daily is out of date...)

Last edited:

enatefox

Jul 4, 2008
Punkkaos said he got dual boot recovery. I'll check with him on an ETA. Now I have to try to build this. Also shameless bump

About to boot my first attempt using a stock n900 image. If I win, I'll be as far as you storm99999-- X-server but no desktop. That I can deal with. Threads not dead!

Last edited:

enatefox

Jul 4, 2008
lulz. twitter has invaded the thrad. tonight was a fail. it's still on so i'll keep this thread going as my lady puts up with it and donations come in. hopefully others do the hard work for me so i can take credit. i've been craving giant red text about donations lately

storm99999

Nov 11, 2007
Punkkaos said he got dual boot recovery. I'll check with him on an ETA. Now I have to try to build this. Also shameless bump

About to boot my first attempt using a stock n900 image. If I win, I'll be as far as you storm99999-- X-server but no desktop. That I can deal with. Threads not dead!

Let me know if there is any way I can help. I'm currently on a temporary programming break due to brain asplosion so that's why I've been out of the forums, but I can help out wherever I can.

Of great importance, is there any X based visual keyboard? This sure would go a lot faster if we had one, as then we can disable all that doesn't work and selectively enable it at boot.

enatefox

Jul 4, 2008
touch screen is working? i don't think you'd have luck unless a window manager was available. adb should be available if you follow the previous links to link adbd. they said it was available at boot or you should be able to ssh if nothing else.

i failed before because i'm trying to work around partitioning-- stupid user error.

kiwi89

Dec 7, 2009
Sydney
.... they said it was available at boot or you should be able to ssh if nothing else.

Yea, I didn't think the touch screen would initially work. But yea, sshing to the phone shouldn't really be a problem if adb isn't working.

I'm going to have a bit of a play with this on my hero and see if I can figure anything out.

edit:

Just found these links that may be of use:

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/MSMQSD - this guy seems to have gotten something booting on his nexus one.

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=1381&highlight=android
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=955&highlight=android

Last edited:

storm99999

Nov 11, 2007
touch screen is working? i don't think you'd have luck unless a window manager was available. adb should be available if you follow the previous links to link adbd. they said it was available at boot or you should be able to ssh if nothing else.

i failed before because i'm trying to work around partitioning-- stupid user error.

Yeah, touchscreen is functional, but barely. It acts like a laptop touch pad, not mapped 1:1. the trackball is click, and it works to scroll too.

enatefox

Jul 4, 2008
yea that link was what i was messing with. it was linked to on modaco as well. we'll get this to work but we're both strapped for free time. the good news is that meego is so young in development we're not missing a whole lot yet.

EDIT: lmao just saw that:
"Thanks to storm99999" on their wiki. nice. shouldn't they know how to do this?

Last edited:

vgrade

Dec 11, 2009
Updates to Nexus Meego port on the meego wiki page linked in an earlier post.

Sorry I can't link here as I'm am considered a potential spammer.

storm99999

Nov 11, 2007
Updates to Nexus Meego port on the meego wiki page linked in an earlier post.

Sorry I can't link here as I'm am considered a potential spammer.

Oh man, that's great news. Too bad the explanation for how they got it to work doesn't quite explain how we can get it to work.

I suspect we may just need to change a line or two on the .ks file, but it also could be a bigger change than that.

vgrade

Dec 11, 2009
Hi storm99999,

The 'they' is me :)

I took the daily from Saturday and added the mesa packages which provide software EGL and GLESv2.

Changed Xorg to load the fbdev driver. 'used Option Rotate CW'

Replaced the session line in uxlaunch to session=/usr/bin/duihome -software &

Hoe you had a drink with my donation :)

Next step is to build the aurora kernel and userspace drivers.

vgrade

vgrade

Dec 11, 2009
I've added some files to the wiki page with a kickstart, zImage and a couple of config files.

storm99999

Nov 11, 2007
Hi storm99999,

The 'they' is me :)

I took the daily from Saturday and added the mesa packages which provide software EGL and GLESv2.

Changed Xorg to load the fbdev driver. 'used Option Rotate CW'

Replaced the session line in uxlaunch to session=/usr/bin/duihome -software &

Hoe you had a drink with my donation :)

Next step is to build the aurora kernel and userspace drivers.

vgrade

Well, I have to congratulate you on your work, I don't know enough about meego/linux internals to have gotten that far.

A quick question, could you post your .ks file changes so that we can know the exact packages included? Edit: beat while I was typing. :p

Lastly, I think we don't have to worry about the kernel. The stock google kernel has the kgsl stuff in already. What needs to be done is to put the msm Xorg stuff in and add the OGL stuff for the adreno200. Looking at the wiki, we may need to splice two different versions of libc or add the ones from AOSP to a build setup and compile it.

Edit: How much is working?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, yeah, for those who like ramming their heads against a wall, a guide!

This doesn't work. At all. But it's easy to have it not work, at least. So, only if you want to dev this, here's what you need:

Debian zImage, any and all pretty much work.
    Meego MMC image.

Mount the SD card on your device.

Alright, in your happy linux install, back up your SD card in as many ways as possible.

sudo dd bs=4096 if=/dev/sdX of=imageback.img
    Where X is the id of your phone's SD card.

Then, you want to put the meego image on your sdcard.

sudo dd bs=4096 if=<wherever it's downloaded>/meego-n900-open-armv7l-1.0.0.20100525.1-sda.raw of=/dev/sdX

Then, once that's done,

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot -c 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootfs=ext2 init=/sbin/init rootwait noinitrd' boot zImage

Seriously, that's all. :)
    Well, I saw a question on that page, asking if Bionic and GlibC can coexist.. Well it does! I did it on Desire, but it has nothing special about Desire (maybe recovery scripts do need some editing, not sure).

If the developer of MeeGo is still around (or anyone interested in project), please contact me - I'm very keen on this stuff lately ;)

GlibC in Android post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1299962