[WIDGET][2.2+] Chronotopia beta 14 - The ultimate make your own widget

Search This thread

knoxcoder

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2010
I finally have the first beta release of the new widget to replace mClock. This is a beta release so please let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions. Apk is attached.

Ideas for chronotopia

Features:
  • Fully editable widget layout and properties
  • Export widget as a theme
  • Import theme
  • Main launcher to edit any created widget (in apps folder)
  • Clock, date, battery, shapes, gps
  • Custom fonts, colors, gradients, shadows, blur, autosize
  • Low battery usage (only updates when screen is on)
  • Weather including icons
  • Custom images
  • Notifications: sms count, missed calls, voice mail indicator
  • Next alarm
  • Tap to launch for individual elements
  • Phone signal strength

Coming:
  • More weather features
  • Finish theme support
  • Languages
  • More elements

What you can help with:
  • Bugs
  • Your own themes, The top ones I like I'll include with the release (no external fonts please)
  • Screenshots
  • Ideas, improvements

Bugs so far:
  • Rotation issues

Quick manual:
  • Long press to add elements to panels.
  • You can press the menu button in the editor to zoom out and change the view to the element list or the element properties
  • You can drag elements that are contained by a canvas element
  • Elements can auto sized, pixel sized or percent sized
  • Fonts can auto size to their container bounds

Change log:
  • 0.1 Initial release
  • 0.2 Fixed shadows, canvas touch layout, other minor issues
  • 0.3 New theme support, leading zero for hour element, low battery color for health percent circle, bug fixes, new name, new icon
  • 0.4 Fixed widget not clearing display, fixed widget sizing issues
  • 0.5 Fixed widget failing to update
  • 0.6 Added images and battery line percentage
  • 0.7 Added missed calls and unread sms notification elements
  • 0.8 Fixed alias for images, added rectangle element, other bug fixes
  • 0.9 Hooked up clone functionality, fixed widget size calculation
  • 0.10 Calibration, tap to launch, next alarm, frame panel
  • 0.10.2 Improved calibrate
  • 0.11 Added weather icons, gps, phone signal, voice mail, indicator icons for notifications and bug fixes
  • 0.12 Fixed battery temp bug, added sky element, added missing weather icons
  • 0.13 Fixed bug with next alarm, fixed & character usage, other fixes, changed editor to swipe left/right for properties/elements instead of using menu
  • 0.14 Bug fixes, xml is now formatted for easier manually editing, added inheritable properties.

A quick tutorial by SassiBob for beta 0.2

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

MIUI theme:

attachment.php

Clock and date or Clock

Time weather theme by allday23hero:
attachment.php

Theme

Attachments

• mwidget.jpg
    mwidget.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 130,593
  • mwidget1.jpg
    mwidget1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 129,431
  • 6419h.jpg
    6419h.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 106,386
  • 20110710_110308.jpg
    20110710_110308.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 88,949
  • screen201110100124.jpg
    screen201110100124.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 64,289
  • Chronotopia.apk
    449.5 KB · Views: 19,487
Last edited:

knoxcoder

Jul 19, 2010
Posted 0.2 also added another screenshot to show the canvas layout ability.

vincej

Jul 29, 2008
By fully editable, does this mean it will work on a Tab, 5x1 or 5x2? It looks really nice, and I am looking for something for weather on a Tab. Thanks for your work on this, even if it doesn't work on a Tab I will put this on my Fascinate or D1.

nolageek

Oct 24, 2007
Washington, DC
queerandloathing.com
I played with it for almost 10 minutes and couldn't even figure out hoe to show a clock. All i see are color and alignment settings. Color and alignment of what i can't figure out.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

knoxcoder

Jul 19, 2010
By fully editable, does this mean it will work on a Tab, 5x1 or 5x2? It looks really nice, and I am looking for something for weather on a Tab. Thanks for your work on this, even if it doesn't work on a Tab I will put this on my Fascinate or D1.

Yes it supports those widget sizes. It is very easy to add additional sizes if one is desired.

I played with it for almost 10 minutes and couldn't even figure out hoe to show a clock. All i see are color and alignment settings. Color and alignment of what i can't figure out.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

After you add the first panel (canvas or stack) then you long press to add other elements. After talking with another user I see there is a need for a simple editor in addition to the advanced editor. I'm open to ideas on how that should work.

cs_sux

Jul 24, 2010
Tallinn
Such a good work!
Thanks, knoxcoder!
Got some FC's while making a template.
Going to restore my layout from mClock tomorrow.

knoxcoder

Jul 19, 2010
Such a good work!
Thanks, knoxcoder!
Got some FC's while making a template.
Going to restore my layout from mClock tomorrow.

Send me the logcat output when you get FCs so I can track them down.

As a side note, I have the weather ready. I don't have all the features that I want to support but at least the basics work. My next task is to make a create wizard that will walk you through the steps of making a simple layout. Once I get it ready I'll release the next version.

GTIVRon

Jan 2, 2011
If you could add missed calls/sms/email in a simple minimalistic way like TxMissed Widget is supposed to do (it's really buggy, and dev has no time to mess with it) I would love you long time! And it's something I would definitely pay for.

knoxcoder

Jul 19, 2010
If you could add missed calls/sms/email in a simple minimalistic way like TxMissed Widget is supposed to do (it's really buggy, and dev has no time to mess with it) I would love you long time! And it's something I would definitely pay for.

That shouldn't be too difficult. I was also interested in what devmil did with Minimalistic Text and tasker. My plan was to replicate that as well.

GTIVRon

Jan 2, 2011
Please do! And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would really want it, even if you put that feature in a pay version.. Otherwise you need to get your donate to me button added.

knoxcoder

Jul 19, 2010
The way I handle properties should allow tasker variables easily. In fact you should be able to set everything through them if you wanted.

Google is getting ready to allow in app purchases so I think I will just have a free version that you can donate from the app.

Midget doesn't quite work. I'm looking for something that describes it. Like make your own clock or minimalistic text.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Reactions: sleepyxda

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
how about an object, showing the next alarm (with and w/o alarm icon)?

all in one widget
clodabawe widget ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally have the first beta release of the new widget to replace mClock. This is a beta release so please let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions. Apk is attached.

Ideas for chronotopia

Features:
    • Fully editable widget layout and properties
    • Export widget as a theme
    • Import theme
    • Main launcher to edit any created widget (in apps folder)
    • Clock, date, battery, shapes, gps
    • Custom fonts, colors, gradients, shadows, blur, autosize
    • Low battery usage (only updates when screen is on)
    • Weather including icons
    • Custom images
    • Notifications: sms count, missed calls, voice mail indicator
    • Next alarm
    • Tap to launch for individual elements
    • Phone signal strength

Coming:
    • More weather features
    • Finish theme support
    • Languages
    • More elements

What you can help with:
    • Bugs
    • Your own themes, The top ones I like I'll include with the release (no external fonts please)
    • Screenshots
    • Ideas, improvements

Bugs so far:
    • Rotation issues

Quick manual:
    • Long press to add elements to panels.
    • You can press the menu button in the editor to zoom out and change the view to the element list or the element properties
    • You can drag elements that are contained by a canvas element
    • Elements can auto sized, pixel sized or percent sized
    • Fonts can auto size to their container bounds

Change log:
    • 0.1 Initial release
    • 0.2 Fixed shadows, canvas touch layout, other minor issues
    • 0.3 New theme support, leading zero for hour element, low battery color for health percent circle, bug fixes, new name, new icon
    • 0.4 Fixed widget not clearing display, fixed widget sizing issues
    • 0.5 Fixed widget failing to update
    • 0.6 Added images and battery line percentage
    • 0.7 Added missed calls and unread sms notification elements
    • 0.8 Fixed alias for images, added rectangle element, other bug fixes
    • 0.9 Hooked up clone functionality, fixed widget size calculation
    • 0.10 Calibration, tap to launch, next alarm, frame panel
    • 0.10.2 Improved calibrate
    • 0.11 Added weather icons, gps, phone signal, voice mail, indicator icons for notifications and bug fixes
    • 0.12 Fixed battery temp bug, added sky element, added missing weather icons
    • 0.13 Fixed bug with next alarm, fixed & character usage, other fixes, changed editor to swipe left/right for properties/elements instead of using menu
    • 0.14 Bug fixes, xml is now formatted for easier manually editing, added inheritable properties.

A quick tutorial by SassiBob for beta 0.2

attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

MIUI theme:

attachment.php

Clock and date or Clock

Time weather theme by allday23hero:
    attachment.php

Theme
    my contributions :D

The Sequel

miuiclock_plus2_by_mutiia-d49vzro.png

click here to download
    if you like it, please hit the thanks button :D
    weekdate design by E.Cadro ....thanks again:)

3x1 widget size

edit....i just realized my default font is opificio and its not included in theme, after u download zip all u have to do is change all the fonts to opificio if u have it already if not u can download it from dafont.com...sorry everyone

enjoy.

Nice work! Thanks to the original creater E.Cadro and to allday23hero for making it into a chrono theme. Here is the original chrono theme including the fonts that were originally missing. I take no credit for this, all I did was add the fonts that were missing in the original zip. Thanks again and great work.
    Y
    Yea I give up on this thing. I can't even make an hour element line up with a minute one. side by side. Trying to get a line in there.. forget it. It takes up the WHOLE cavas and i cant see or touch on the elements for the hour or the minute. Also, the calibrate thing.. lines on the sides don't line up. they extened past it, and no matter how long i tapped on minus, they never came into view. I got top and bottom to line up, but hittng the check mark in the middle doesn't do a thing.

Minimalistic text it is for me.

ALSO. I set it to align to top for the hour and minute. Then made the text bigger, and also set it for 24 hr. Then it didn't align at the top anymore all of a sudden. It was somewhere just below like 1/3 of the way down on the cavas and wouldn't go to the top, and then I also noticed that the time on it was ready about 9 hours slow....... not sure what clock it's using...

Stacks you have to set the orientation to either vertical or horizontal. Make a stack (a), and nest another stack inside it (b). Set (a)'s orientation to vertical, and (b)'s to horizontal. Now, any elements you nest inside (b) will be stacked side by side (horizontal), and any stacks or other elements you nest inside (a) stacks on top of each other vertically.

You can do it the other way around if you want side by side first, then vertically, like in SiMi clock widget.

Setting up stacks and elements to the right size is a little confusing, it's better to nest elements in a stack, have the size values like font size, height and width blank, and have the stack sized by % and scale it according to your preference. I suggest trying that first, it's worked for me very well so far. Remember to set orientation in the stack's properties.

The editor's clock stays put and doesn't update.

Changing font size messes with alignment, because fonts have their own margins. Also, text elements have their own orientation/alignment settings.

Calibration isn't the best, it's still buggy. But I was able to set it right In portrait mode.

I'm holding off making a tutorial cause I'm still not sure I have the best understanding of how this editor works. But I have the basics down, do feel free to ask.

Edit: press menu to change between element and properties view. Elements show you the various elements as if they are layers like in photoshop. Click on a layer to select it.

properties show you the various values you can edit for the selected element.

Edit 2: To add items to a panel (stack/frame/canvas), long-press the panel in the preview screen OR click, then long-press the panel layer in Element View (press menu, right button). Once you add a new element, they will appear nested inside the panel in Element View. That's how you get stuff side-by-side, or on top of each other.

Let's say you wanted to make a widget with three lines. The date would be on top, in the middle would be the time, and beneath it would be the battery percentage, followed by a % string.

Create one Stack, set to vertical orientation. Then nest three stacks inside, all set to horizontal orientation. In each respective stack you would place date, time, and battery elements. The ensuing Element View should look something like this.

Stack (vertical orientation)
    >>>Stack (horizontal orientation)(date in the format "Thursday, July 21 2011")
    >>>>>>Day Name
    >>>>>>Text (the ", " after the day name)
    >>>>>>Month Name
    >>>>>>Day
    >>>>>>Year
    >>>Stack (horizontal orientation)(time in the format "1:08 AM")
    >>>>>>Hour
    >>>>>>Text (the ":" in between hour and minute)
    >>>>>>Minute
    >>>>>>Am/Pm
    >>>Stack (horizontal orientation)(battery in the format "100%"
    >>>>>>Percent
    >>>>>>Text (the "%" at the end)
    this is my Chronotopia mod

miuiclock_plus_by_mutiia-d48swvt.png

download here