[Q] No notifications from Note II

Search This thread

kinsago

Jan 8, 2008
Hi all.

I got a Gear from my wife that she got with her S4 (She would never use it). Paired with my Note II (Stock, unrooted) but I'm not receiving any notifications on my Gear.

I've got the gear manager installed and can install apps, configure the device etc. I can make calls and receive calls through the gear but I'm not getting message, email etc notifications. I can view call logs if I go in to the call logs app.

On my device I'm using hangouts (with sms) and Google Gmail app. Notifications (and more notifications) are switched on in gear manager. I've enabled other notifications as well but these are the two most important for me

Software is all up to date. Note II is running 4.3. Both are stock, unrooted, unmodified etc etc

Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks

Barry Sachais

Jan 18, 2014
On my device I'm using hangouts (with sms) and Google Gmail app. Notifications (and more notifications) are switched on in gear manager. I've enabled other notifications as well but these are the two most important for me

Software is all up to date. Note II is running 4.3. Both are stock, unrooted, unmodified etc etc

Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks

Did you click on the "More Notifications" in the "Notifications" section in Gear Manager?

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
Try uninstalling gearmanager, and reinstalling it. When it installs, count how many apps it installs itself. There should be 20+ apps that get installed. You can open the application manager and see how many were actually installed. They will have that lil gear watch logo.

kinsago

Jan 8, 2008
Did you click on the "More Notifications" in the "Notifications" section in Gear Manager?

Try uninstalling gearmanager, and reinstalling it. When it installs, count how many apps it installs itself. There should be 20+ apps that get installed. You can open the application manager and see how many were actually installed. They will have that lil gear watch logo.

That seemed to work. 21 app reinstalled. Re-paired device and sent test email. Notification came thru :)

Thanks

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
Good to hear its up and running.

If your stock, dont forget that the Samsung staff at Best Buy are an easy way to get your products updated, paired, configured, and optimized for free. They always seem bored amd eager to help.

kinsago

Jan 8, 2008
Good to hear its up and running.

If your stock, dont forget that the Samsung staff at Best Buy are an easy way to get your products updated, paired, configured, and optimized for free. They always seem bored amd eager to help.

Good idea but unfortunately there's the Atlantic ocean between me & best buy... Hee hee hee. Good to bear in mind, wonder if there are any Samsung stores near me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.