Seek the help of an expert : arrrghhh

Search This thread

fawwwaz01

Apr 11, 2014
Hello
I have looked in all the forums speaking Arabic, I could not find anybody knows anything about this device never
They could not help me, they did not know many of this device
But I have hope of finding a solution to my problem in this forum wonderful
I want help in how to add Arabic to external keyboard for this device
I want to write in Arabic using the external keyboard to the device and not touch
It has been 3 weeks on the weary search in all the forums, but without the benefit due to lack of experts for this device
Help me please,
I apologize about the markedly bad language and expression

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Not sure why you're calling me out specifically... I've told you repeatedly this is an English speaking forum - and I speak English. I don't speak Arabic. I use the keyboard to write, surprise! In English.

So if you want help with Arabic, you are going to have to ask in another forum or wait for someone else to answer you (which I mentioned in another thread that is unlikely for the reasons above).

Good luck.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Hello
I have looked in all the forums speaking Arabic, I could not find anybody knows anything about this device never
They could not help me, they did not know many of this device...
...It has been 3 weeks on the weary search in all the forums, but without the benefit due to lack of experts for this device...​

Saying that people around here don't know about the device is absurd. We don't lack experts here, but since XDA is an English-only forum, almost nobody uses and cares about Arabian and therefore failed to help you in that particular way.
Feel free to let out your anger and turn to elsewhere for help.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11​

kabaldan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
Since JellyBean, it's easy to add custom keyboard layouts, they can be made available to system via a simple application.
For CM11 (which should support Arabic and other RTL languages quite well), I include AsantiKeypad application for that purpose - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_moto_msm8960/tree/cm-11.0/AsantiKeypad
But to create an Arabic layout for the Photon Q keypad, it needs someone who's able to understand the glyphs and who's able to create the appropriate map.
If you know an already existing Arabic keyboard layout map made for Droid4, it could be easily incorporated in AsantiKeypad app.
Or try to make it from scratch, I'll merge it if I'll find the time for it and you'll keep bothering me about it long enough :) .

Reactions: fawwwaz01

fawwwaz01

Apr 11, 2014
Not sure why you're calling me out specifically... I've told you repeatedly this is an English speaking forum - and I speak English. I don't speak Arabic. I use the keyboard to write, surprise! In English.

So if you want help with Arabic, you are going to have to ask in another forum or wait for someone else to answer you (which I mentioned in another thread that is unlikely for the reasons above).

Good luck.

I know that this forum speaks English - and you speak English.
But you're the only one who mastered dealing with this device,
I've asked several forums in Arabic but not without interest did not find any response
Do you kindly help me?

fawwwaz01

Apr 11, 2014
Saying that people around here don't know about the device is absurd. We don't lack experts here, but since XDA is an English-only forum, almost nobody uses and cares about Arabian and therefore failed to help you in that particular way.
Feel free to let out your anger and turn to elsewhere for help.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
We have created this forum for the exchange of information and help others regardless of tone or intellectual differences
We are all human beings and there is no need for racist ..
I hope some of their responses to be stimulatory or an encouraging
not disappointing
I have the highest thread I did not find a solution in other forums
This is what forced me to put my problem here, because of the lack of experts for this device
I wish I could show some sportsmanship and high morals my friend
This is the forum to help others regardless of cultures

If were not able to solve the problems of others, there is nothing wrong, but I hope not to interfere

fawwwaz01

Apr 11, 2014
Since JellyBean, it's easy to add custom keyboard layouts, they can be made available to system via a simple application.
For CM11 (which should support Arabic and other RTL languages quite well), I include AsantiKeypad application for that purpose - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_moto_msm8960/tree/cm-11.0/AsantiKeypad
But to create an Arabic layout for the Photon Q keypad, it needs someone who's able to understand the glyphs and who's able to create the appropriate map.
If you know an already existing Arabic keyboard layout map made for Droid4, it could be easily incorporated in AsantiKeypad app.
Or try to make it from scratch, I'll merge it if I'll find the time for it and you'll keep bothering me about it long enough :) .

Thank you kabaldan
I have excelled in reply and facilitated more and gave me new hope towards the development of this device
But is there any additives
For example, some instructions and tips about this application
I want simplified explanation

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
But you're the only one who mastered dealing with this device

What are you taking other devs for (especially those behind the scenes doing ground work for CM11 and other custom ROMs, like @kabaldan )?

We have created this forum for the exchange of information and help others regardless of tone or intellectual differences
We are all human beings and there is no need for racist ..
I hope some of their responses to be stimulatory or an encouraging
not disappointing ...
...This is the forum to help others regardless of cultures

True, although this forum is created with only English in mind, you often see people from other non-English countries or people that don't use English around here. I'm a Chinese myself so I partially understand why you're here for help - because we lack help in our home countries' forums.
However, as we're aware that both this forum and Android aren't made for all languages and cultures, even when we ask or answer questions in other languages, the question will be related to the phone itself, like how you fix reboots, how you flash a ROM, etc. These discussions have no language boundaries and can be understood by all.
As of your problem, it naturally involves another language which most people around here don't understand, and you see, forcing devs to learn a language and do the job only to fulfill a single request isn't realistic.

Talking about @kabaldan 's solution, he said that AsantiKeypad can import keyboard layouts, but he also said that there should be an Arabic layout available for importing first, which I Googled for you and sadly found nothing relevant. So, just like what he said, if there's none existing, then you have to find a dev who understands Arabic to write one up for you. Good luck with that.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.