Is the Carrier version unlocked?

Search This thread

Rasumgal

Aug 18, 2013
I have scoured the net but find conflicting answers. Is the Tmobile version of the Nexus 5 locked down to T Mobile? I know the Play Store version is unlocked (as with all Nexus devices obviously), but what about the carrier versions?:confused:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I have scoured the net but find conflicting answers. Is the Tmobile version of the Nexus 5 locked down to T Mobile? I know the Play Store version is unlocked (as with all Nexus devices obviously), but what about the carrier versions?:confused:

first of, questions go into the q&a section, not general http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2477886
2nd, you must not have searched too hard, lol.
3rd, its the exact same phone(16gb) that you buy at the play store or tmobile. all they do is sell it, they do not add any software or bloatware to it.
they are all carrier unlocked. you can buy it at tmobile and use it on att if you want.

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
The T-Mobile rep told me it's locked to T-Mobile I found out later it's not lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nerv8765

May 25, 2013
I bought mine from Sprint, and it is unlocked. Also, since the N5 is cool like that, it even works 100% with AT&T and T-mobile (which I use now, same phone)

Rasumgal

Aug 18, 2013
I bought mine from Sprint, and it is unlocked. Also, since the N5 is cool like that, it even works 100% with AT&T and T-mobile (which I use now, same phone)

The T-Mobile rep told me it's locked to T-Mobile I found out later it's not lol

Thank you both. This is exactly what I was hoping. I was curious about the Sprint version as I currently have them, but don't want to be tied to them because they suck and plan on switching to Tmobile or AT&T but don't want to buy a phone if I don't have to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sanvido

Feb 4, 2014

I know the Bell version is unlocked, but I'm not ware of the others. What carrier did you get the device from?

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
Thank you both. This is exactly what I was hoping. I was curious about the Sprint version as I currently have them, but don't want to be tied to them because they suck and plan on switching to Tmobile or AT&T but don't want to buy a phone if I don't have to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

AT&T man

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk