Broken screen - what to do?

Search This thread

daLareid

Nov 28, 2012
Hi there, my Nexus 5 fell down on the screen yesterday and it broke throughout the entire screen. It fell from less than 1ft of height which is ridiculous as I had previous Samsung phones fall down from a higher distance and came out with bare scratches. What is my best repair solution? I hear taking it to LG is the best bet and that it costs about $150, does anybody have the accurate price for the screen repair and the shipping they charge for me to send it? I hear I send them the phone and then they run a diagnostic then reply back to me with a repair fee and ask me if they should go through with it, how is the payment made? Hope you guys can help out, thanks.

Hi there, my Nexus 5 fell down on the screen yesterday and it broke throughout the entire screen. It fell from less than 1ft of height which is ridiculous as I had previous Samsung phones fall down from a higher distance and came out with bare scratches. What is my best repair solution? I hear taking it to LG is the best bet and that it costs about $150, does anybody have the accurate price for the screen repair and the shipping they charge for me to send it? I hear I send them the phone and then they run a diagnostic then reply back to me with a repair fee and ask me if they should go through with it, how is the payment made? Hope you guys can help out, thanks.

I think you got it about right... That's pretty much how it works. Payment would be made with a credit card.
I'm sure someone who has more knowledge on dealing with LG or has had a screen replacement done already will chime in.

Personally I would just do it myself. The N5 is setup to be easily taken apart and have parts easily replaced.
Not to mention that you can get the parts cheaper than what the repair would cost you and the time involved in replacing it yourself will be much faster than the whole sending it in for a repair process.
Then again... You do whatever is more comfortable for you.

Take a look here for some reference - http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/how-to-fix-google-nexus-5-screen-t2542873

Nexus 5 Screen Replacement - Frame Exchange + Dis…: http://youtu.be/jQS618ayL5w

Reactions: daLareid

daLareid

Nov 28, 2012
I think you got it about right... That's pretty much how it works. Payment would be made with a credit card.
I'm sure someone who has more knowledge on dealing with LG or has had a screen replacement done already will chime in.

Personally I would just do it myself. The N5 is setup to be easily taken apart and have parts easily replaced.
Not to mention that you can get the parts cheaper than what the repair would cost you and the time involved in replacing it yourself will be much faster than the whole sending it in for a repair process.

Take a look here for some reference - http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/how-to-fix-google-nexus-5-screen-t2542873

Appreciate your reply, I did some digging around about a DIY repair and apparently the screens are going from 150 to over 200 usd, and from what I hear the repair from LG costs about 150 and you should get the original screen, I read that the ebay screens could be chinese fake and not good. Thanks for the tip though, I will wait for some more replies then decide which is my best course of action.

Khant

Jan 16, 2013
Appreciate your reply, I did some digging around about a DIY repair and apparently the screens are going from 150 to over 200 usd, and from what I hear the repair from LG costs about 150 and you should get the original screen, I read that the ebay screens could be chinese fake and not good. Thanks for the tip though, I will wait for some more replies then decide which is my best course of action.

i'm using ebay screen and it's still good quality. no dead pixel or defects. and it cost about 70$. if you want it with the whole frame, then it's 100$. plus it's not hard to open up the Nexus 5. everything is fit in there like legos. though you would be out of a warranty if you replace yourself.

daLareid

Nov 28, 2012
i'm using ebay screen and it's still good quality. no dead pixel or defects. and it cost about 70$. if you want it with the whole frame, then it's 100$. plus it's not hard to open up the Nexus 5. everything is fit in there like legos. though you would be out of a warranty if you replace yourself.

Mind linking me to the the $100 one please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.