[Q] Not allow to add APN settings

Search This thread

jorgeevans

Oct 20, 2012
Hi!

first sorry if this thread was created yet! I look for sometimes like this problem in forums but I didn´t found a solution

I am new with a moto X, I recently buy a Moto X from bluegrass cellular Seller.
the guy unlocked it for any service provider.

I insert my SIM CARD and the phone can gets calls but I cannot add APN settings.

this moto x is XT1050 with 4.4.2 kitkat.

Reactions: mayjorplayaatfd

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Hi!

first sorry if this thread was created yet! I look for sometimes like this problem in forums but I didn´t found a solution

I insert my SIM CARD and the phone can gets calls but I cannot add APN settings.

Edit post a screen shot of about phone screen.
Get a boot unlock code: see China in the x general. There is no solution w/o root & no root on 442 w/o boot ul

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Can the xt1050 be unlocked, boot, that is. At Moto?

Last edited:

pyromaniac1

Sep 23, 2011
Hi!

Post a couple of screenshots.

1) the about phone section
2) the apn section

As far as i know, the bluegrass moto x didn't get the 4.4.2 update.

Check here to see if your boot loader can be unlocked:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a

jorgeevans

Oct 20, 2012
Post a couple of screenshots.

1) the about phone section
2) the apn section

As far as i know, the bluegrass moto x didn't get the 4.4.2 update.

Check here to see if your boot loader can be unlocked:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a

Hi!
I look for a solution on internet and I tried this:

When you ADD APN, first of all give it a random name and not your Telco's name. For example, slkjdjflskdjhfkljs This :p .. don't add any more settings and Then press back button and save it. It should appear in the list. You can then edit it to add more settings.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...96524-help-please-cant-save-apn-settings.html

Also I will try to unlock bootloader as your suggestion and Yes I get the bluegrass Cellular 4.4.2 kitkat update when I touch on setting>about the phone>update system.

Thanks for your interest.

Vivjen

Nov 7, 2013
The unlock guy could flash any FW from XT1053 in order to prevent problems with APN

Last edited:

fisher33

Jun 26, 2013
having exact same issue

did you guys find any solution for this problem? i have the exact same proble on my new unlocked moto X. every time i try to save MCC and MNC values at the APN will get deleted and i have to star all over again. and if i don´t touch MCC and MNC values the APN is saved but it doesn´t solve the problem of not having internet access to my data plan. please if you know how to fix this problem help me. :(

thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!