[ROM][AT&T] SlimSung [TW 4.4.2][NI1][566MB][2014-09-24]

Search This thread

yeahmann

Sep 4, 2011
The Google+ app has a separate "Photos" app included that works without signing into Google+.

MrPerson

Sep 25, 2011
Looks great, but I have a quick question since I haven't flashed any ROMS on my GS4 before. Since this is TW based, does that mean the camera will still have the same quality as the stock one, even when using the Camera app from the play store? If I remember correctly, that was the main reason I haven't flashed anything before, because I really don't want to give up all the image processing that makes the pics look so great that is in stock TW.

yeahmann

Sep 4, 2011
Looks great, but I have a quick question since I haven't flashed any ROMS on my GS4 before. Since this is TW based, does that mean the camera will still have the same quality as the stock one, even when using the Camera app from the play store? If I remember correctly, that was the main reason I haven't flashed anything before, because I really don't want to give up all the image processing that makes the pics look so great that is in stock TW.

I'm not sure it's the Google Camera or the Google+ app, but there are image processing options. I'm not sure if they're what you're looking for.

MrPerson

Sep 25, 2011
No, what I mean is that part of the reason that the GS4 takes such good pictures is because of the image processing cooked into TW and the stock TW camera app. So I'm just curious if this takes advantage of those since its TW based. I could be totally wrong though. But I thought it was because of the TW software.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I liked Google Play edition but wanted to use the Samsung keyboard, Mobeam/Beepn'Go, and AT&T Hot Spots. So I made a TW-based ROM that mimics GPe to a large extent.

5I9qnYll.jpg
    vyno1qLl.png

Features
    • Based on AT&T NI1. Retains AT&T Hot Spots for automatically connecting to AT&T Hot Spots.
    • Faux kernel.
    • Debloated. Removed all Samsung apps except the keyboard and all apps available in the Play Store except Google Now Launcher and Google Search.
    • Partially deodexed. Deodexed all apps but for some reason I couldn't deodex the framework without errors.
    • Zip-aligned.
    • Rooted with SuperSU.
    • Loki-dokied.
    • Safe-strap compatible.
    • Tethering enabled.
    • Updated Email, Google Play Services, Google Play Store, and Google Search.
    • Replaced TouchWiz launcher with Google Now Launcher.
    • Replaced Calculator, Clock, and audio with Google Play Edition 4.4.4 versions. Check your ringtones as they may have changed.

Change Log

2014-09-24
    Fixed screen rotation.

2014-09-21
    Rebased from AT&T NI1.
    Fixed WiFi password problem.
    Updated to Google Play Services 6.1.07
    Removed Samsung SMS app, Chrome lib, and non-English languages.

Download
    SlimSung 2014-09-24
    SlimSung 2014-09-21
    SlimSung 2014-08-30
    Nope but I'll look into making it safe strap compatible. Shouldn't be too hard.

Nope. No need. Installs fine right out of the box. ;)

Tested it myself and it booted up without issue. Thanks for the new ROM.

how do you flash this if you are already on UCUFNC1?
    Same as you would any other ROM for safestrap...
    Wipe everything except sdcard
    Install ROM
    Flash modules
    Reboot

(Don't worry about the kernel. Since our bootloader is locked, the kernel will not install but the rest of the ROM installation will complete without issue.)
    Updated. Rebased with NI1. Also, WiFi passwords should stick now.
    Fixed screen rotation.
    Awesome, are you running this on Safe Strap?

Nope but I'll look into making it safe strap compatible. Shouldn't be too hard.

[Edit]
    It works with safe strap.