All Opera Mobile/Mini versions: Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jodeltje

Jun 21, 2008
Update2: I can logon to touch FB now ... weird.

I had to log in my google account and then close opera, run it again and then I could see my personal page, so yeah... weird.

I like it though, it even faster than the java version and your able to use the default keyboard now in the webpage :)

Eman3000

Jan 19, 2009
Seattle
Guide to Desktop View in Opera Mobile 10 Beta 3

I've figured out how to get Opera Mobile 10 Beta 3 to only display websites in desktop view without getting redirected to a mobile version of the site. UPDATE: Works in Opera 10 Final too!
The first 2 steps are pretty common knowledge, but they don't work for all sites. It's the 3rd step that makes every website work for me.

Step 1: Set a custom user agent string
This tells websites what kind of device you are using to browse the site (desktop computer, smartphone, etc).
Goto opera:config -> User Prefs -> Custom User-Agent
Find a desktop user agent string, type it in, and save. I'm using the one from my Firefox browser on my home desktop (it can be found by clicking Help -> About Mozilla Firefox). Mine looks like this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

You can use whatever string you can find that works. I've even seen people use an iPhone user agent to get iPhone versions of websites.

Step 2: Spoof a user agent ID
This tells websites what client you are using.
Goto opera:config -> User Agent -> Spoof User Agent ID
Type in the number corresponding to a browser to identify as that browser
Global values:
1 = Opera
2 = Mozilla
3 = Internet Explorer
Site-specific values:
4 = Mozilla, Opera not mentioned
5 = Internet Explorer, Opera not mentioned

Don't forget to save. I have mine set to 2, so websites think I'm using Firefox

Step 3: Set custom HTTP_Accept parameters
This one is hard to explain, but it basically tells the website which versions (i.e. desktop or mobile) are acceptable for viewing.
Goto opera:config -> Network -> HTTP Accept
Type this in exactly:

text/html, application/xml;q=0.9, application/xhtml+xml, application/x-obml2d, multipart/mixed, image/png, image/jpeg, image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, */*;q=0.1

Please note that this is just the default entry minus the one element that allows for mobile/wap viewing.

Also in the Network section, go to HostName Expansion Prefix and delete wap from the list. Remember to save. Exit the browser and everything should work like a desktop from now on! You can go to www.whatsmyuseragent.com to check and see if everything is right. If you still want to view mobile versions of sites, you'll have to type in the specific mobile URL for that site (I keep mobile versions of my bookmarks just in case I get stuck on EDGE or a slow connection).

Hope this helps! If anyone with web-coding experience would like to explain further or correct anything I did wrong, please be my guest!

Last edited:

Heart1010

Jan 27, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Installed the new native Opera Mini 5 cab and everything is fine and fast ;-)

But something must be changed from opera with user agent!? When I go to www.mjoy.com I came to the login page but now the same thing happen in opera mini as with here on my desktop pc... i get redirected to mjoy.com/m/desktop.htm and here I can't login because mjoy only allow mobile phones to login!? So how can I change the user agent in native Opera Mini 5?

Now UserAgent is: "Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/922; U; de) Presto/2.4.15"

With the old opera mini 4.2 UserAgent was: "Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/958; U; en) Presto/2.4.15" and here mjoy.com didn't redirect to desktop page/view

Last edited:

barty22

Jan 4, 2008
@barty22, Thanks for the quick reply;)

Are you sure it is not a problem on the ANWB site?
I'm sure about that, as I said regular pages even mobile pages do this!

Are you using opera's Turbo mode?
Not sure about that!

Are other applications able to use the internet connection?
Yes, use flexmail, Quick GPS, Google maps,Navi Computer no problem

Are you using your phone network's internet of wifi?
phone network's internet from Vodafone provider

Try to see in Opera -> Settings -> Opera Turbo. Perhaps opera turbo server is busy? Don't know...

Another thing you can try is windows settings -> connections -> connections -> Vodafone live! Set up my proxy server-> Disable "This network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1154637

Does Opera link work with the new Native Opera Mini version? When I try to connect to opera link, it just sits there forever.

Note:
Looks like the Protocol needs to change from "Socket" to "HTTP" for the native app to go on the network and load a web page.
Settings->Advanced->Protocol to HTTP

Last edited by a moderator:

tryckluftffs

Jan 31, 2009
I found a way to get G-sensor work with the new Opera Mini 5:

Navigate in registory to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/HTC/HTCSENSOR/GSensor/ModuleName

Add a string with name "Opera Mini 5" and stringvalue "\Program Files\Opera Mini 5\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.exe"

And:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/HTC/HTCSENSOR/GSensor/WhiteList

Add a string with name "Opera Mini 5" and stringvalue "NativeOperaMini-Main"

Notice! The WhiteList stringvalue is case sensitive.
Soft reset and G-sensor rotation is enabled!

jeriel05

Jan 7, 2009
I have been trying to install the new opera 9.5 build 18452 and I can't get it to load on my Sprint TP2. I s anyone else having this problem?

scrpn30

Apr 11, 2008
Hello

I'm on opera 10b3, is it possible to read flash by default (not having to tap on the grey circle)?
thx

Firnagzen

Jan 22, 2010
Hi,
Does anyone know of a way to modify the settings of Opera Turbo on the mobile 10 beta 3? I want to make it more like mini; in that I load the images at high quality but still retain the compression for everything else. Poking around the opera:config page, I find that the settings are apparently stored at Opera Mobile 10/profiles//turbosettings.xml. What the heck does a double slash even mean? I've been prodding around the files, even looking for hidden files, to no avail so far. Anyone?

Also, is there a way to resize the font?

psychosliver

Dec 24, 2009
Opera Mini 5 beta native WinMo

I've been tweaking the java version of Opera Mini 5 beta for awhile, interchanging benchmarking different opera mini servers that suits best based on my region. It is just as simple as opening one of its midlet classes using a hex editor.

Now that the native Win CE version of Opera Mini 5 beta has recently released, I'm wondering where did they hard-coded these fetching servers. [edit]I've found it, located at its .exe file. But I have yet a clear idea on how to edit this properly. Tried extracting the .exe using CABintegr, editing it using hex editor. I somehow repacked it using CABintegr but now it has this "...not a valid POCKET PC application.." error. Would anyone shed some light regarding this? I not sure if i did the extracting, the editing and/or the repacking the cab right.

Any hint for the right direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

luckyuser

Oct 18, 2006
uhhmm I had this problem, was driving me nuts! For me it was the combination of vodafoneNL and the turbo mode (allthough it appears sometimes when not in turbo mode).

When I switched to Telfort the problem disappeared, so I don't know a real solution sorry (except to turn off turbo-mode).

@barty22 and Jodeltje
It was the Turbo Mode.I turned it off, and voila no problems anymore.
Thanks for support!

bbz_Ghost

Apr 13, 2007
As noted in another thread, Opera Mini 5 is now available from Opera as a native Windows Mobile application; it does not use or require Java anymore but there have been some noticeable changes from the last Java build (beta 2). They keyboard has been removed, the fonts appear larger (even when set to Small - they've dropped it down to just 3 choices instead of 5) and some other issues.

Still works nicely, seems just as fast as the Java version to me (when used on the hx4700 in my sig).

Regardless, you can get the WM5/WM6 generic builds of Opera Mini 5 here:

http://www.opera.com/mini/next/download/

Edit:

It should be noted that FINALLY Opera Mini has proper copy/cut/paste functionality. In the Java build (beta 2) it still didn't work but, it seems that feature has finally been addressed because I just tried to save a particular image but Opera mini wouldn't do it; I copied the URL directly from the address bar, switched over to Internet Explorer and pasted it. w00t!!!

Last edited:

sancho1234

Sep 23, 2007
Budapest
blog.sancho.hu
How to make Youtube embedded videos viewable on all pages with a link, if I wan't use Flash Lite. I would like to view the embedded Yotube content as a mobile link, as same as in the Google Reader mobile version. Could somebody change the browser.js for it?

pyth27

Jan 15, 2009
"...not a valid POCKET PC application.." error.

I'm pretty sure this is due to the edited .exe file. This error message usually comes up when you try to execute .exe files that are not made for windows mobile or simply faulty files due to transmission errors or something like that. In short: Your device does not accept the .exe file for some reason. I don't know much about this, but I think the .exe "knows" something isn't right and gives back an error.

iori

Jul 23, 2008
hello guys...

I want to ask few question about Opera 10:
1. how can I disable automatic full screen so the top bar can always show?
2. how can I change the scroll velocity percentage like I do in Opera 9.7? I cant find any section in opera:config.
Thanks
Sorry for my english :)

psychosliver

Dec 24, 2009
it's that edited .exe file alright...

I'm pretty sure this is due to the edited .exe file. This error message usually comes up when you try to execute .exe files that are not made for windows mobile or simply faulty files due to transmission errors or something like that. In short: Your device does not accept the .exe file for some reason. I don't know much about this, but I think the .exe "knows" something isn't right and gives back an error.

You are right. I continued playing around with the hex editor, It seems that i can not adjust the proper hex code for the server string length that I replaced with. So I tried replacing it with another server string with length at least within the string length of the original. The embedded server was "http://server4.operamini.com:80"(HTTP protocol only) and tried a shorter one "http://mini5.opera-mini.net:80" but with 2 units short in length, I tried adjusting it to "http://mini5.opera-mini.net :80", saved it and it worked.

Somehow I'm not content with it, I should find out how much part of the string in the entire code should I measure in hex length and which part of the code should I replace with that new hex length.

By the way, thanks for your response!

shu8i

Nov 4, 2009
New Jersey
my main issue with opera 10 is first that you can't pinch to zoom, and therefore it's very hard to click on links; and even if i got the link sometimes the blue rectangle won't show up, so that i know i got the link. are there some enhancements in this area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts