[Q] Should I call AT&T to have phone unlocked

Search This thread

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Any advantages to doing this besides being able to use it with another company or during travel?

I tried 3 times. None of them works. One of the lady is so nice that would like to help me out by overwrite the system to unlock but she couldn't. She said i have to wait at least 3 months or until August then call back. She's also willing to help me unlock any other phones but not the Note (to new). Spend $25 to unlock is the best option for now :)

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
@OP: Unless you plan to use it on non AT&T networks, no real use. Plus there is a 3-6 month wait period based on your history to give unlock codes.

Skameigh

Jul 19, 2010
I work for ATT and I promise you, it is a real pain in the arse to get them to unlock it

Sent from my Samsung Phablet!

Last edited:

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I work for ATT and I promise you, it is a real pain in the arse to get them to unlock it

Sent from my Samsung Phablet!

Sorry mate, you may be working there, but you might be wrong here. I have had alteast half a dozen phones unlocked in the last few years, and every time it took no more than 2-3 calls. Only hitch is to wait for 3-6 months after adding phone to line.