Accelerometer Calibration?

Search This thread

snowplow

Jul 4, 2010
I have noticed that ever since I've had my atrix, the accelerometer has been off by a few degrees to the left. Does anyone know if there is a way to calibrate it? Maybe someone who is really familiar with android could tell me where to look in order to modify the values for the default calibration... I have no idea where to start.

Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

snowplow

Jul 4, 2010
How does one do that?

Last edited:

snowplow

Jul 4, 2010
Don't see any such option on cm7.
Is that on the stock rom or some other blur based rom?

snowplow

Jul 4, 2010
Well I'm back on nottachtrix and I did calibrate the compass... accelerometer still off though.

fernandohual

May 31, 2013
Same problem man

Hi, I have the same problem, and couldn't find a solution forthis problem, even sensor tester does not works. Does anoyone can please make an app that can solve that problem, like the one on the samsung phones?

Please.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Hi, I have the same problem, and couldn't find a solution forthis problem, even sensor tester does not works. Does anoyone can please make an app that can solve that problem, like the one on the samsung phones?

Please.

Are you serious? You revive a dead thread to say you have the same problem and to request an app when ravilov's post has a link to an app?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

fernandohual

May 31, 2013
I tried the app, but it didn't work

I tried the app man, but it didn't work, I have tried so many things, I evens install cm7 and then tried to calibrate it using sensonr tester but nothing, the accelerometer is still off. Please any help? I can tell that that gps app doesn't work because after trying to calibrate it with that I downloaded labyrinth and lying the font flat on a table the ball was moving to the right. Please man I really need help here.

Another problem I have with the atrix is that the new version of yutube does not works, I don't knkow why, Many says that is because of some codes and the cpu, but I tried MIUI v5 and the youtube was working fine, so, please help me there too.

I am trying to upload a video review of miui v5 on the atrix 4g

fernandohual

May 31, 2013
permision problem

Maybe is useless, but try to replace \system\lib\libnmea.so from attacmhent. Make backup of yours first.

Hi man, sorry for bothering you again, but I tried to overwrite the file with the file that you gave me but when I tab on paste it says permission denied. My phone is rooted and I am ussing file explorer. What can I do to overwirte the file?

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Depends of the file manager/explorer you must mount /system as r/w. In SE file explorer open left side menu, scroll down to root explorer, enable and tap it, you'll get menu with mount r/w option, select rw for system.

fernandohual

May 31, 2013
Yes, I have already done taht

Depends of the file manager/explorer you must mount /system as r/w. In SE file explorer open left side menu, scroll down to root explorer, enable and tap it, you'll get menu with mount r/w option, select rw for system.

I undestand what you say, I have already done that, that is why I can get to the system folder but when I try to overwrite the file it says permission denied. why? is it because the superuser app is updating its binary? I will wait until the update is over and try it again. Thanks

fernandohual

May 31, 2013
yes man, Everything ready

You may try to move file to safe location (BACKUP!!!) and then copy new one. Set permission as before.

yes man, Everything ready . Just the last part left when I have to overwrite. the binary says updating working. maybe it maight take some time

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

You may try to move file to safe location (BACKUP!!!) and then copy new one. Set permission as before.
the binary just finished updating and I just overwrote the files. Is this it to fix the calibration problem? or do I have to do something else?

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Reboot your phone (will reboot itself if you try to use gps), go outside and test with GPS Status & Toolbox. Maybe you need to select internal gps in phone settings.

Good luck :)

fernandohual

May 31, 2013
a little something

Reboot your phone (will reboot itself if you try to use gps), go outside and test with GPS Status & Toolbox. Maybe you need to select internal gps in phone settings.

Good luck :)

Man, sorry about this but before I replaced the file (with its original file) the g-sensor on the bubble app use to give me the number 00,1 and 04, but now it gives 01,7 and 05,9. So I think that must be something in that file that I can change to fix that problem. Please can you xplain to me how to change the code of that file or if you can can do it for me it would be wonderful. thanks again.
Have a nice day

Top Liked Posts