Alcatel One Touch 991 gradu CUSTOM ROM v1.0 (Jelly Bean mod)

Search This thread

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest
OT: I want to change the color of statusbar into black and so I changed the "status_bar_header_background.9.png" into black (framework-res.apk), flashed back without errors, reboot....but the color is still light grey, original....WHY????

You have to edid SystemUI,not framework.;)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 991 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: AlOT991

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest
Hey all!Firstly...i know i promised i will upload the "samsung look-like" custom rom,but because of some bugs i still get in this rom,i thought trying to fix these problems anf then upload it.As i told you and i'm keeping telling you,i don't wanna upload it and provoke any damage to your phones or bricking them(as other creators of custom roms or roms are doing-i don't wanna give names,maybe some of you already know what i'm talking about).So,sorry guys but i need a little more time...

bubboo

Jan 15, 2013
Hey all!Firstly...i know i promised i will upload the "samsung look-like" custom rom,but because of some bugs i still get in this rom,i thought trying to fix these problems anf then upload it.As i told you and i'm keeping telling you,i don't wanna upload it and provoke any damage to your phones or bricking them(as other creators of custom roms or roms are doing-i don't wanna give names,maybe some of you already know what i'm talking about).So,sorry guys but i need a little more time...

Please make jelly bean mod for alcatel 991d (dual sim) !! thank in advance! !:)

new_gerry

Feb 1, 2010
Manila

we will really wait for it..by the way please provide some screenshots..also make it looks like samsung but instead of using samsung logo...replace it with alcatel logo..it will looks so much better..just a suggestion..thanks

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest
we will really wait for it..by the way please provide some screenshots..also make it looks like samsung but instead of using samsung logo...replace it with alcatel logo..it will looks so much better..just a suggestion..thanks

For the moment,the bootlogo is a combinaton of alcatel + samsung.Don't worry,i will provide some screenshots so you would be able to tell me what do all of you think about it.

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest

I just uploaded some screenshots of the new SGS3 custom rom.You can see them on the #1 page.

catdoggy

Feb 15, 2009
Originally Posted by catdoggy
OT: I want to change the color of statusbar into black and so I changed the "status_bar_header_background.9.png" into black (framework-res.apk), flashed back without errors, reboot....but the color is still light grey, original....WHY????
You have to edid SystemUI,not framework.

You have to edid SystemUI,not framework.;)

Not correct, you have to edit "SystemUI-res.apk" ;)

Ok, background is black, but clock also and so invisible.

Where i can change the clock-color or complete text-color of statusbar into white (i.e.) ??? I searched many hours, googled hundreds of posts, but i don´t find the right "things". PLEASE help me :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:

sdimishev

May 20, 2012
Sofia

Where i can change the clock-color or complete text-color of statusbar into white (i.e.) ??? I searched many hours, googled hundreds of posts, but i don´t find the right "things". PLEASE help me :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:[/QUOTE

Use the UOT KITCHEN:fingers-crossed:

catdoggy

Feb 15, 2009

Where i can change the clock-color or complete text-color of statusbar into white (i.e.) ??? I searched many hours, googled hundreds of posts, but i don´t find the right "things". PLEASE help me :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:[/QUOTE

Use the UOT KITCHEN:fingers-crossed:

Yes, i Know, but for weeks i see this message on the site:

Kitchen is updating.
We will be back shortly.

So I must do it manually, but how???

PS: PS: Kitchen is reachable, but no changes possible, error log: UOT-03-23-23-02-2 or, if I upload systemui-res.apk as systemui.apk, error log is UOT-03-24-06-58-1.

So I give up and waiting till Gradu has finished his ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlOT991

bubboo

Jan 15, 2013
@catdoggy : do you have 991 or 991d ?! because yesterday i've installed a jeffta rom and the script (restore.zip) don't work to restore my original rom! ! i have 991d !!

catdoggy

Feb 15, 2009
@catdoggy : do you have 991 or 991d ?! because yesterday i've installed a jeffta rom and the script (restore.zip) don't work to restore my original rom! ! i have 991d !!

My phone is 991D and the script works perfectly. Do you run the backup script first? Do you have a folder named "firmware" on SD-Card with this files inside:
cus.img
dat.img
sys.img
rec.img
boot.img

?

bubboo

Jan 15, 2013
My phone is 991D and the script works perfectly. Do you run the backup script first? Do you have a folder named "firmware" on SD-Card with this files inside:
cus.img
dat.img
sys.img
rec.img
boot.img

?

yes i have all things!! can you tell me what scripts you have used?! because there are 2 versions !! thank in advance!! ps: when i turn on the phone after restore it bootloop!!

valyvis10

Dec 9, 2009
Craiova
Hey guys!I wanna inform you that alcatel released a new Alcatel One Touch 991/991D firmware version .You just have to use the new One Touch Upgrade 2.7.3 : http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/download/one_touch_991.html , then Settings-> About phone-> Upgrade software.Now you will have Android 2.3.6 010-01 .

I upgraded and after this last stock manufacturer upgrade, I rooted the phone, and I apply Root+Ext 2 (I don't know why). and surprise (the SD card was format and prepair previos for jeffa jelly bean rom) now I have an mixe rom:laugh:.
The new rom created have the application Android 2.3.6 010-01 and plus Free space application (with SD ext partition), dolphin browser, holo locker, flsh light, etc.
The phone work normally.
What I do? Is normal?

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest
Steps for a new clean upgrade

I upgraded and after this last stock manufacturer upgrade, I rooted the phone, and I apply Root+Ext 2 (I don't know why). and surprise (the SD card was format and prepair previos for jeffa jelly bean rom) now I have an mixe rom:laugh:.
The new rom created have the application Android 2.3.6 010-01 and plus Free space application (with SD ext partition), dolphin browser, holo locker, flsh light, etc.
The phone work normally.
What I do? Is normal?

Steps:
1.Use One Touch Upgrade 2.7.3(the new release from alcatel site)
2.After upgrading with OTU, upgrade the firmware to 2.3.6 010-01 (Settings -> About Phone -> System updates -> Check for update)
3.Root the phone and install Ext2 ( only if you want root+ext2)
4.Reboot phone
Now you will have the new clean 2.3.6 updated to 010-01 (without any jeffta's logo,bootanimation,customrom or any kind sh*t like this ) ;)

valyvis10

Dec 9, 2009
Craiova
Steps:
1.Use One Touch Upgrade 2.7.3(the new release from alcatel site)
2.After upgrading with OTU, upgrade the firmware to 2.3.6 010-01 (Settings -> About Phone -> System updates -> Check for update)
3.Root the phone and install Ext2 ( only if you want root+ext2)
4.Reboot phone
Now you will have the new clean 2.3.6 updated to 010-01 (without any jeffta's logo,bootanimation,customrom or any kind sh*t like this ) ;)

Exactly. I do all the steps 1-4 but in step 4 I do root+ext2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reasons,the other thread "Alcatel ot 991 gradu ROM v1.0 (jelly bean mod)" was closed,so i moved it here.Thanks,Archer!

New custom rom (jelly bean mod) for Alcatel One Touch 991

Don't forget to make a backup of your phone before installing this custom ROM.

1.You need new Clockworkmood + Root.
    2.Unzip "gradu's (jelly bean mod) ROM.zip" in your computer.
    3.Copy the zip files "gradu ROM v1 file 1" and "gradu ROM v1 file 2" on your sd card.
    4.After copy,boot into CWM, Wipe data/factory reset,and Wipe cache partition.
    5."Install zip from sd card" - first install "gradu ROM v1.0 file 1" then "gradu ROM v1.0 file 2".
    6.Restart the phone and wait 2-3 minutes.
    Enjoy it!
    ALCATEL OT 991 GRADU V1.0 CUSTOM ROM here(click to download)

Features:
    -changed main boot image
    -Holo Launcher Pro+Jelly Bean Icons
    -new JB apps
    -more system apps helping you access system files and freeing memory (link2sd,root explorer,anttek)-NEED ROOT
    -Clockworkmod already installed
    -Free Antivirus Pro for 1 year
    -Jelly Bean black status bar.

Main features of JellyBean StatusBar:
    -Clones the official status bar from Android 4.1
    -Allows support for third party notifications
    -Auto-detection for hidden status bar or screen orientation
    -Task killer safe! Will auto-reboot when killed
    -Smooth gestures for default pull down
    -Settings to choose what content you want to display
    -Exclusion list for unwanted application notifications
    -Notification Counter for repeating notifications
    -0% battery drain (based on normal device use)
    -Low ram foot print of under 24mb

and much more!

*For boot logo and battery animation,flash logo.bin with Flash Tool.
    http://fastupload.ro/ca08ebd2c892c15b619082575760a7ea.html - logo.bin

GingerSam ®by Gradu download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4oc2u3kllkceum/Gingersam.zip?dl=0

GingerSam for 991D ®by Gradu download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3yrfmpeywfxo3w/Gingersam991D.zip?dl=0

GingerSam v 2.0 ®by Gradu download link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu6bbqpb9od75x0/Gingersam 2 new.zip?dl=0
    *Screenshots soon ;)
    LOGO.BIN download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oujfz2y2eqr33f0/logo.bin
    Boot logo and battery animation screenshots here

Restore.zip download link here
    Backup.zip download link here (use it only if you want to backup your rom)

Some infos about GingerSam:
    -RAM memory: 90 MB
    -ROM memory: 144 MB
    -Font type: Comic Sans MS(Droid Serif Italic)
    -Samsung bootanimation
    -Samsung sounds(notifications,message,etc)
    -Samsung Galaxy S3 wallpaper
    -CRT-Off animation
    -Black statusbar
    and much more!
    *The installing method is a little different.Just read the Informations.;)

Installing GingerSam ®by Gradu:

-Download Gingersam.zip/Gingersam 991D.zip + Restore.zip
    1.Unzip Gingersam.zip/Gingersam991D.zip
    2.Create a folder named "firmware" on sdcard
    3.Copy all .img files in folder "firmware"
    4.Copy Restore.zip on sdcard (if you want to backup your rom ,copy backup.zip on sdcard and install it in recovery mode.
    You have to know that everytime you install backup.zip,the .img files in "firmware" folder will be replaced)
    5.Enter in recovery mode(boot into CWM) -> install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> Restore.zip -> Yes
    6.Reboot device

Enjoy it!
    If you like it,hit "Thanks".;)

Boot logo and battery animation screenshots here

LOGO.BIN download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oujfz2y2eqr33f0/logo.bin

Some screenshots of the GingerSam rom:
    I've tried this rom. it's a good rom but it haven't sim managment(in the settings) and reboot optiion (by clicking power button) . good work gradu :) and thank you!!

Well,this is the first edition of Gingersam for 991D,so i still have to work more to this rom.There will be next editions with more options and some changes.Until then,enjoy it and hit "Thanks" if you like it! ;)

Yes,it has.in fact,i bought my phone from Spain ;)

Sent from my
    ALCATEL_ONE _TOUCH_991 using xda app-developers app