Upgrade options for new phone

Search This thread

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Hi guys. First of all I'd like to apologise if I've posted in the wrong section. This section seemed more relevant to me.

I currently have a xperia s. My upgrade is due next week. I want to ask what is the best phone now? I wanna go to the Z2 but I'm double minded. What you guys think?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
Z1 compact is good. Not as big as other Z series phones yet has all of their qualities.

tOrNadO™

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2012
Bangalore
Go for Z2 without a hesitation.. U won't regret it.. Z2 has amazing Camera, Display and most imp'ly Audio is highly improved from older Xperia's.. Battery life will be good enough with KK.. :good:

Hamodi

Apr 25, 2011
if you want a big screen above 5 inch then go forma z2 , if you want less than 5 inch z1 compact more than good one

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk

nisu4717

Dec 23, 2012
vidhya nagar
Go for Z2 without a hesitation.. U won't regret it.. Z2 has amazing Camera, Display and most imp'ly Audio is highly improved from older Xperia's.. Battery life will be good enough with KK.. :good:

Try to search about zl2.
It has same camera with snapdragon 801.as i know it is 64bit processer.with 3gb ram.

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium

tOrNadO™

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2012
Bangalore
Try to search about zl2.
It has same camera with snapdragon 801.as i know it is 64bit processer.with 3gb ram.

Since ZL2 is only for Japan, and btw Z2 too has 3GB RAM.. ;)
And, dude all the processors from Qualcomm since Snapdragon S3 are 64-bit capable.. But none of these devices got those drivers to support 64-bit capability.. Since Qualcomm itself are providing those drivers, they are using the marketing strategy to bring new processors with the name 64-bit processor.. U can pull the actual h/w info from the CPU itself.. (cat /proc/cpuinfo).. Try and see for yourself... You will see 46 or 64.. People are blinded by this.. :silly:

nisu4717

Dec 23, 2012
vidhya nagar
Since ZL2 is only for Japan, and btw Z2 too has 3GB RAM.. ;)
And, dude all the processors from Qualcomm since Snapdragon S3 are 64-bit capable.. But none of these devices got those drivers to support 64-bit capability.. Since Qualcomm itself are providing those drivers, they are using the marketing strategy to bring new processors with the name 64-bit processor.. U can pull the actual h/w info from the CPU itself.. (cat /proc/cpuinfo).. Try and see for yourself... You will see 46 or 64.. People are blinded by this.. :silly:

Seriously..... They are not 64 bit.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Nop. 32 bits. And the ZL2 is for Japanese market only, for now...

May be they started with japan.

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
If you don't have infinite stacks of money laying around, I seriously recommend you look at the Sony Xperia Z1.
The Z2 doesn't offer all that much more practicality than the Z1, and as I bought the Z1 just before the Z2 was released I don't regret my choice at all. It's super fast, has a great camera (essentially the same as the Z2 now that it has KitKat) and if I could choose a device again now, I'd still go for the Z1 over the Z2 for its pricetag.

Compared with the Xperia S, I even made a (surprisingly unpopular) video of it with annotations, where you can see the two devices side-by-side. If you want, you could check it out here:
http://youtu.be/IN1URlNHVWE
I'd appreciate any extra view on that video anyway :angel:

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Hi Herman thank you for your opinion. See why I'm thinking z2 is because 1) its free on my upgrade and 2) its a slight improvement over the z1 but I was thinking if not z2 which other phone could I choose

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
Hi Herman thank you for your opinion. See why I'm thinking z2 is because 1) its free on my upgrade and 2) its a slight improvement over the z1 but I was thinking if not z2 which other phone could I choose

If it's (as good as) free and you couldn't pick a cheaper contract with the Z1, then obviously the Z2 is the better choice :p
My point was that off-contract it's so much cheaper than it's much of an improvement, so like I said if cash isn't an issue then it's still a great device over the Z1 (and definitely so over the Xperia S, you won't regret it)!

Reactions: rkanwar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seriously..... They are not 64 bit.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

May be they started with japan.

Could be, indeed. Like with Z1 Compact. But, for now, only there...

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

If it's (as good as) free and you couldn't pick a cheaper contract with the Z1, then obviously the Z2 is the better choice :p
    My point was that off-contract it's so much cheaper than it's much of an improvement, so like I said if cash isn't an issue then it's still a great device over the Z1 (and definitely so over the Xperia S, you won't regret it)!