Touch screen respond time

Search This thread

ck.chunkeat

Apr 24, 2012
Hi, first of all, I would like to introduce myself. I got my nexus 5 the first week that it was announced and was amazed at the speed of the new device running both kitkat 4.4 and snapdragon 800 as well as having a ram of 2gb. I was then further blown away when I switched to ART runtime. Note, my previous phone was a Xperia Arc. So compared to that, the difference was between sky and ground.

I think the speed difference in overall smoothness of the phone could be due to kitkat 4.4 or snapdragon 800 while the speed of switching between app was due to 2gb ram and ART.

Anyway, I was very pleased with it as it is finally a phone which is comparable in smoothness to the ios world of iphones.

TL;DR, nexus 5 is very fast.

Now, onto the point. I recently came across this article. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Funk...ne-display-touch-response-time-so-far_id54887

And I see that HTC M8 topped the chart with nexus 5 tied with iphone 5/5s.

My question is this:

1. Is there anyway to improve the response time through software tweaks? either through rom, kernel or some sort of mod? or is it all impossible as it is hardware based?

2. How does the few milisecond affects the overall speed of the phone? app opening speed, overall smoothness in typing, responsiveness in games,etc

Vandyyy

Dec 16, 2013
Omaha
I don't have the tools or patience to test if it's just placebo or not, but others have reported success with SGS Touchscreen Booster on random devices.

Could be 100% snake oil, but you're fighting what's likely a hardware limitation, so you're probably grasping at straws in the first place.

D

Darth

Milliseconds isn't a time scale in my life. ;)

No one will see much difference in phone speed, for simple things like opening an app anyway, from here on in. Yes, multitasking may improve...and new features will come....but general speed has topped out. For real life noticeability anyway.

?

ck.chunkeat

Apr 24, 2012
Milliseconds isn't a time scale in my life. ;)

No one will see much difference in phone speed, for simple things like opening an app anyway, from here on in. Yes, multitasking may improve...and new features will come....but general speed has topped out. For real life noticeability anyway.

?

Well ,the part where i notice about the delay although very slightly is keyboard. For some reason, I still feel that the keyboard is not fully smooth, especially when I try to tap fast.

D

Darth

Try a different keyboard? I use Kii now. Loving it! Paid version. [emoji106]

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Not that I use it....but it can do swyping too.