android.process.media has stopped

Search This thread
i'm having sporadic notification with this message "unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped".

This on a fresh install of alpha0, wiped data/factory reset, cache, dalvik. all patches/fix, gapps, gapps fix provided by cm dev are applied. This never happened on alpha 3.5.

is anyone having the same issue? whats the fix, if any?

Reactions: parthmahajan

darkassain

Oct 30, 2008
i'm having sporadic notification with this message "unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped".

This on a fresh install of alpha0, wiped data/factory reset, cache, dalvik. all patches/fix, gapps, gapps fix provided by cm dev are applied. This never happened on alpha 3.5.

let me guess that you have lots files either your download folder and or music/video, clear out your downloads along clearing media storage

_Motoki_

Oct 26, 2011
I haven't been having it actually close but I have been having the Watchdog app report that process is using high cpu. I read an another site that going to Apps > All Apps > Media Storage and then clear any app cache or data.

It seems to have helped me so it's worth a shot to try that before doing anything more drastic.

Sup guys. Yea I had only 2gig of space left on the sdcard. I have about 1500 songs and gameloft data on it. I have no idea how much space data for webos took.

I uninstalled android, went to webos and formatted the sdcard. Reinstalled android. I have not copied my mp3 collection and games data back yet. But so far no more problems and a lot less ICS reboots. I'll copy over the games data files and music soon. I'll find out if it starts to go nuts again.

Last edited:

thekillingtree

May 1, 2011
NYC.
i keep getting this error as well. i've cleared the cache and i still get it, but a lot less frequently.

additionally, i'm only using 17gb (seems high, but w/e).

johnysavage

Jul 15, 2010
This might not apply to you, but I started having that same issue when I changed the dpi on the lcd from 160 to 132. When I changed it back to 160 I stopped having the media process force close on me.

thekillingtree

May 1, 2011
NYC.
This might not apply to you, but I started having that same issue when I changed the dpi on the lcd from 160 to 132. When I changed it back to 160 I stopped having the media process force close on me.

interesting. i changed it to 145 (? i'll have to look when i get home to confirm).

i will say that my gf's TP is also set the same and she doesn't have those errors. however, she probably is using a lot less storage than i am.

I'm not quite sure its a storage issue. Everything was fine the past 48hrs. I didn't install anything and kept my sdcard usage under 10gig. I have a 32gig tp. And today it just started giving me the message again.

I want to test something. I'm using nova as my default home launcher. I have it packed with Widgets. I loaded the default cm9 home launcher with no Widgets. It hasent giving me that message since then. And my reboot/crash has decreased dramatically. If anyone cares to try it, maybe we might get to the bottom of this problem.

edit: damnit. spoke to soon. i change to animated wallpaper and it rebooted.

- Sent from my TouchPad

Last edited:

darkassain

Oct 30, 2008
remember that android now indexes the download folder apart from music video and amoung other folders, either you have a file android is parsing incorrectly or the indexing system hits a limit of how many files it can index...

omgkeppy

Mar 27, 2014
I have the same problem. I'm running the latest nightly release of CM11.
It happens to me mostly when i use the camera or whatsapp.
I've barely got 10 mp3's in my media folder and the download folder is empty.
I force stopped download manager and media but it didn't help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

let me guess that you have lots files either your download folder and or music/video, clear out your downloads along clearing media storage

Oh my god, you're so RIGHT !

That's it !

Got to clean data on media storage and downloads (with Titanium backup, it didn't wiped my downloads with the integrated android apps manager)

Thanks ;)