[OTA] 4.3 OTA Zip for GT-I9505G Google Edition

Search This thread

ack154

Oct 17, 2011
www.allankintz.com
Won't help. Where did you get your recovery img from? Cause, um, yea.....

From here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2360346

Though interestingly, here's a look back when I was questioning if I was back to a stock recovery... and it looked like this:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43630012&postcount=17

So I'm now starting to think when I used the CF-autoroot it replaced my recovery. Maybe? I've seen the stock recovery floating around this thread, I'll try flashing that when I get home and see if works...

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
From here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2360346

Though interestingly, here's a look back when I was questioning if I was back to a stock recovery... and it looked like this:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43630012&postcount=17

So I'm now starting to think when I used the CF-autoroot it replaced my recovery. Maybe? I've seen the stock recovery floating around this thread, I'll try flashing that when I get home and see if works...

CF-autoroot replaces recovery with a version for the I9505 and that's exactly why it's failing. How do I know this? I did the same damn thing and had the same damn problem. LMAO. :) Flash the odin package I just linked to and you'll be good to go no matter how you decide to install the update. Yey!

Reactions: NuShrike and ack154

ack154

Oct 17, 2011
www.allankintz.com
CF-autoroot replaces recovery with a version for the I9505 and that's exactly why it's failing. How do I know this? I did the same damn thing and had the same damn problem. LMAO. :) Flash the odin package I just linked to and you'll be good to go no matter how you decide to install the update. Yey!

And that's exactly what I had just started thinking. Thank you for the help. I'll report back later tonight with the results!

Reactions: SamuriHL

taney

Jan 30, 2007
Los Angeles

LOL! I encountered the same thing and ended up doing the same thing. :p

ack154

Oct 17, 2011
www.allankintz.com
Won't help. Where did you get your recovery img from? Cause, um, yea.....

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

http://www.mediafire.com/download/30hi8i0eeuccx5h/stock_422_recovery.tar.md5

Please flash that and try again.

Flashed stock recovery and tried to apply zip from external. At least got a different error now.

The only other thing that would be different is I added a line to build.prop to enable on screen buttons and modified the generic KB layout to turn off capacitive button.

Going to try reverting those to backups now and try flashing again.

(edit: originals did not help)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375834779975.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375834779975.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
It's failing on an assert for SystemUI.apk. I'd flash the 4.2.2 system img from the 4.2.2 FULL image zip that's floating around. Should fix you up.

Reactions: ack154

ack154

Oct 17, 2011
www.allankintz.com
It's failing on an assert for SystemUI.apk. I'd flash the 4.2.2 system img from the 4.2.2 FULL image zip that's floating around. Should fix you up.

Didn't want to lose data, but had sort of prepared for it.

Just flashed the system image. Went into recovery, cleared data/cache, and immediately applied update from zip. Went right through. It's booting back up now.

Thank you again. What a PITA.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Didn't want to lose data, but had sort of prepared for it.

Just flashed the system image. Went into recovery, cleared data/cache, and immediately applied update from zip. Went right through. It's booting back up now.

Thank you again. What a PITA.

I wouldn't have wiped the data personally. But I'm glad you're updating now. Sorry for the PITA process you had to go through.

ChaoticUnreality

Jul 23, 2013
e2areved.jpg
Got it here's how.Go into SuperSU do a full unroot and reboot then after you reboot boot back into boot loader and relock boot loader "fastboot oem lock" then reboot. Then reboot into stock recovery and apply update.

PROFIT! just did mine

The downside you will have to re unlock (wipe data) and reroot if you want root

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

I'm trying to follow this to relock my boot loader and it doesn't do anything
This is what it says when I run the command

OKAY [ 0.003s]
finished. total time: 0.003s

but nothing happens on my phone.

I know it is connected cause I can do fastboot oem unlock and it brings up the option to unlock but it shows it as already unlocked. I just want the OTA update for 4.3

tublah

Jul 22, 2005
I'm trying to follow this to relock my boot loader and it doesn't do anything
This is what it says when I run the command

OKAY [ 0.003s]
finished. total time: 0.003s

but nothing happens on my phone.

I know it is connected cause I can do fastboot oem unlock and it brings up the option to unlock but it shows it as already unlocked. I just want the OTA update for 4.3

I was able to take the OTA and never relocked my bootloader.

warwolfx0

Oct 17, 2007
Park Ridge
FYI force update breaks stuff

This had issues

connect to your wifi

System setting / apps / all / Google Application Framework

click on all 3
Force stop / clear data / clear cache

system setting / about phone / system updates
click on
check now

found new update
you may need to repeat theses steps

I have TWRP and rooted, and unlocked bootloader
I rebooted after the update

Google play dose not allow me to install or update apps anymore and i am still on 4.2.2 (wipe fixes this)

UPDATE:
ok i flashed the stock recovery back from the dump that i made and the update worked
i had to reroot and i update my "[HOWTO] Root Stock i9505G (Google edition)" to make it work

FYI I NEVER INSTALLED THE LEAKED COPY

Last edited:

bleez99

May 1, 2011
Nvidia Shield
Google Pixel 6 Pro
There was a list of specific apps that this particular build had problems with. TiBU was on the list. As is HBO Go and a few others I use. That's why the Nexus devices got a new build pushed to them so quickly. I'm HOPING maybe we get one too.

I have a fix. I did a little research and found that you can edit /etc/permissions/platform.xml and add a group to WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Original:
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
</permission>

Add the media_rw group:
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

Done. Doing a TiBU right now to my external card.
This _may_ fix other apps that have issues writing to the card, I personally didn't find any.

Suggest that you do an adb pull of the file for safekeeping before doing this.
If you pull the file, edit it, and push it back make sure the permissions are set to 644.

Thanks to everyone who made this "OTA" happen.
I was able to do a no wipe update to MH1 :)

Last edited:

taney

Jan 30, 2007
Los Angeles
I have a fix. I did a little research and found that you can edit /etc/permissions/platform.xml and add a group to WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Original:
</permission>

Add the media_rw group:
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

This _may_ fix other apps that have issues writing to the card, I personally didn't find any.

If you pull the file, edit it, and push it back make sure the permissions are set to 644.

THANK YOU!! That works wonders! =)

I'M LOVING JWR66V! Even the camera is better. My only wish/hope is for us to store pictures on external SD card. :D

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

I haven't seen the leak at all, so I can't answer that. Got a sha1 off of it?

I can get one when I'm on my home mac.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
@faux123 when you get a chance, would it be possible for you to add exfat support back into the stock kernel as well?
i believe it needs to be added to init.rc
Code:
# ko files for exfat
insmod /system/lib/modules/exfat_core.ko
insmod /system/lib/modules/exfat_fs.ko

i haven't taken the kernel apart just yet so that was a stab in the dark. thank you!

Reactions: huedrant

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There was a list of specific apps that this particular build had problems with. TiBU was on the list. As is HBO Go and a few others I use. That's why the Nexus devices got a new build pushed to them so quickly. I'm HOPING maybe we get one too.

Original:
    </permission>

Add the media_rw group:
    <group gid="media_rw" />
    </permission>

Here's a stock boot.img + hack for those of you who wants to try..

it's completely unsupported.

http://faux.androidro.ms/irc/beta/jfltetmo-stock-GE-JB43-patched.zip

Have fun.
    @faux123 this is using the bone stock OTA kernel.

got it

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

@mrvirginia @AJ Newkirk here's the stock GE kernel should work with exFat modules from the stock GE ROM

http://faux.androidro.ms/irc/beta/jgedlte-stock-GE-JB43-patched_r2.zip

again. no support from me for this. enjoy!
    a pm would be appreciated. so the problem is kernel related?

no, the issue is in the TrustZone app itself.. (Keymaster app is an ARM TrustZone secure app). The app will return an unknown response when talking to a non-MH1 baseband. Then the error is propagated all the way back to the userspace (in this case the QSEECOM HAL). Once the HAL failed, then the application on using the HAL also failed (in this case, Settings app).

What I've done is to stop this propagation of error back to userspace from the kernel side so the userspace can continue without crashing ;)