Aftermarket chargers and sync cables

Search This thread

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
Has anyone had a positive experience using an aftermarket sync cable or charger? I have bought a few (for other devices) in the past, but several have had issues (flaky touch screen during charging, slow/no charge).

I'm looking for outlet type, USB sync and car charger (long cord!).

Any good reports?

fsured

Jul 25, 2011
Search Amazon. I have had good experiences buying the cables. My cat seems like them and chews on the cables if I forget to put them away. I don't remember the brand but there is one where the cable casing is a rubber material. I think it's like 2 for 15bucks and they are 6' I think. I've had the best luck with those.

When I tried an aftermarket charger it was for the Prime. It didn't work at all but was also the first aftermarket plug being sold. Over heated and would stop charging a few minutes after plugging it in but continued to heat up. People are giving a few of them 4 star reviews. They may have gotten better now. Other than that it's buy the oem charger. I have not seen an aftermarket usb plug that can deliver the 15v required in these units. If anyone else knows of one I'd probably order one for work.

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com
I bought some off Amazon from a brand/company called "Power +"

They work great, both the car charger and the wall charger. A bit better quality than the factory Asus charger as well.

ssnova

Mar 25, 2013
LG V50 ThinQ
I was looking into the same myself. I've read many horror stories of aftermarket usb charger/sync cables from Amazon, some seemed to work "great" while down the page I read other users having theirs not fit right/fall apart at the connector.

I could definitely use a longer cable as the stock cable is just too short to use from the socket to the desk, let a lone if I'm under less than ideal places like a lounge/library.

bruinhoo

Aug 2, 2010
Oakland
I have this charger - albeit bought through eBay. I did not experience any problems with the charger itself, but the cable frayed where it meets the strain relief on the power brick after a couple of months. After taping up the connection, I am temporally using it to charge up the dock before I can get an OEM charger, but won't let it touch my Infinity itself.

im_electronic

Mar 15, 2011
San Diego
Pwr+ Cables are awesome, They sent me one as a gift for posting a review of the ones I purchased too. kinda nice. I have the OEM cable now and three Pwr+, now I just need more power cubes. (Office Desk, home desk, bedside)

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
Pwr+ Cables are awesome, They sent me one as a gift for posting a review of the ones I purchased too. kinda nice. I have the OEM cable now and three Pwr+, now I just need more power cubes. (Office Desk, home desk, bedside)

Where did you post the review?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

derivitiv

Dec 6, 2012
Nice length - quirky connection but works with charger and USB connection. If they made the connection a little tighter at the tablet it would be perfect.

I also bought a two pack of these. So far, I have not had any problems out of them. I also got the power+ wall charger and it has worked great.

Last edited:

Olafur

Jun 26, 2012
Chargers don't work

I have bought 2 chargers for my TF700 and neither works. When the first one didn't work I thought it was because is was 2000mA so I bought a 2500mA. Is this not a regular USB charger? What is the voltage?
Thanks
Ólafur

eleger91

Oct 29, 2005
:crying:
The amazon links can't be able for a shipment to France.
Could someone help me to find the Cord Charging Data Sync Cable 3.0 USB to 40 Pin for Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF700T ?
;)

kenryan

Nov 20, 2012
There is a protocol where the tablet instructs the charger to change to a 15v output. Nonstandard USB.

ken

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app

humanitybg

Mar 31, 2011
Varna
I'm currently using this one It works perfectly fine with the stock USB wall adapter and I'm really happy! It's just a damn shame we can't charge the tablet view our PCs...