BNIB--Return?

Search This thread

hatim

Dec 19, 2005
I have a Z2 brand new in box with the seal still on. I loved the feature set and the looks before I stumbled on to this forum. Call quality should be a given on any phone >$50. I didn't even think about it until now. I will not be able to return the phone once I open it. Should I open the box or return it for an M8/S5?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
It seems device dependant again, some devices are slightly different because of manufacturing errors so the first few batches have a good chance of being faulty, some faults effect call quality

My Z2 quality is crisp however the volume is low

Check if you can find what batch your device is from it seems anything before week 22/year 14 is problematic

My device is 14w23

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

hatim

Dec 19, 2005
It seems device dependant again, some devices are slightly different because of manufacturing errors so the first few batches have a good chance of being faulty, some faults effect call quality

Check if you can find what batch your device is from it seems anything before week 22/year 14 is problematic

My device is 14w23

Is it possible to check without opening the box? From the serial number? The serial starts with BH90B. That seems like from an earlier batch going by the Z1 serial number (starting from BH901/2/3...).

Last edited:

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012

My device is 14w23

my device is 14w23 and i have the call quality problems ! as in the other party struggles to hear you , or they get feedback. and it makes no difference if that to a land line or another mobile. i have spoken to Sony UK, and they told me to do a "repair" doing PC companion, which i did and all credit to Sony, they rang me back a few hours later to see how the fix went. well it obviously didn't work as the lady i was speaking to was getting feedback, and since then the problems still exist. as i bought the phone from phones 4U and not Sony directly , my next thing is to return the phone to them and let them do a repair . but not knowing if this is hardware or software issue . im not holding out much hope that the problem will be fixed ? all i know as i use the phone for my business i cant keep on using a phone my clients struggle to hear me on :eek:

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
my device is 14w23 and i have the call quality problems ! as in the other party struggles to hear you , or they get feedback. and it makes no difference if that to a land line or another mobile. i have spoken to Sony UK, and they told me to do a "repair" doing PC companion, which i did and all credit to Sony, they rang me back a few hours later to see how the fix went. well it obviously didn't work as the lady i was speaking to was getting feedback, and since then the problems still exist. as i bought the phone from phones 4U and not Sony directly , my next thing is to return the phone to them and let them do a repair . but not knowing if this is hardware or software issue . im not holding out much hope that the problem will be fixed ? all i know as i use the phone for my business i cant keep on using a phone my clients struggle to hear me on :eek:

I didnt read through your other thread completely but did you try to disable the noise cancellation feature? That may help.

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
I didnt read through your other thread completely but did you try to disable the noise cancellation feature? That may help.

yes i did ! i have had this problem since i took the phone out of its box back in May. its been a problem on and off since then. its not every call i make or receive , but it is a large quantity of them. enough that i had a load of calls earlier this week and one of my clients hung up on me as they just couldn't hear me , but i could hear them really clearly . so the phone is going back :(

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
yes i did ! i have had this problem since i took the phone out of its box back in May. its been a problem on and off since then. its not every call i make or receive , but it is a large quantity of them. enough that i had a load of calls earlier this week and one of my clients hung up on me as they just couldn't hear me , but i could hear them really clearly . so the phone is going back :(

Man I would have returned it long before now. I would have returned it first week.