Back Button App

Search This thread

deb10042

Nov 22, 2009
A nice little free non-root app that sits on the right hand side of the screen when in landscape so you can go the Home Screen, Go Back or look at the Notification dropdown quickly :good::laugh:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appspot.app58us.backkey&hl=en-GB

Great - thanks a lot!
The buttons located at the middle of the status bar were the topic that bothered me most on my new Z2 tab, as you always have to move your hand and let go the tablet's frame.
:good:

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
One of the main reasons I have already rooted my device (although the bootloader had to be unlocked).

So I can use "Expanded Desktop" from Xposed module "Gravity Box" (no navigation bar anymore, which additionally means more screen estate) and GMD Gesture control instead.

For instance, for "Back" I have set 2 gestures: Either diagonally (!) to the right and down with 3 fingers, or the same to the left and down.
Since "Back" is a very frequent command, this is the most comfortable direction for a swipe because the arm which is holding the tablet is anyway in that direction. I just have to pull the arm "back" instead of bringing it into a certain position first. And the two gestures ensure that I can make the Back gesture with either hand equally comfortably.

I had the device unrooted for two weeks, and it felt simply awkward to be forced again to hit little spots on the screen for basic commands. (My other devices are always also rooted.)

awakened77

Feb 7, 2013
Hodonín
I've tried GMD gestures but wasn't able to get it work. Any idea why or did you do anything special to make it work? On my N7 it's been working like a charm for a long time. Thanks.

surgeonpink

May 28, 2008
Sorry to be an idiot but this sounds very good and natural. However I can't picture the mvmt. Do u grab with the free hand and then swipe or what?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A nice little free non-root app that sits on the right hand side of the screen when in landscape so you can go the Home Screen, Go Back or look at the Notification dropdown quickly :good::laugh:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appspot.app58us.backkey&hl=en-GB
    One of the main reasons I have already rooted my device (although the bootloader had to be unlocked).

So I can use "Expanded Desktop" from Xposed module "Gravity Box" (no navigation bar anymore, which additionally means more screen estate) and GMD Gesture control instead.

For instance, for "Back" I have set 2 gestures: Either diagonally (!) to the right and down with 3 fingers, or the same to the left and down.
    Since "Back" is a very frequent command, this is the most comfortable direction for a swipe because the arm which is holding the tablet is anyway in that direction. I just have to pull the arm "back" instead of bringing it into a certain position first. And the two gestures ensure that I can make the Back gesture with either hand equally comfortably.

I had the device unrooted for two weeks, and it felt simply awkward to be forced again to hit little spots on the screen for basic commands. (My other devices are always also rooted.)
    On the Z2 Tablet, you have to set (in "Advanced“) "Override touch events parser detection" to "HC_DEFAULT".