Odin not recognizing my phone

Search This thread

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
So I am having a huge issue: about a year ago I rooted my sph-l900. No issues, flashed Roms perfect, no bricks,just a clean, perfect machine. Then about a week ago I decided to unroot to update to 4.3. Suddenly, Odin decides it no longer sees my phone in download mode. I've tried reinstalling drivers, using a different computer/cord, completely wiping the phone. Tried removing the battery, tried removing the SD card, even found a flashable zip that completely removed root and placed it back to stock. Now I'm at stock 4.3 and Odin still doesn't recognize my phone in download mode. I'm about to lose my mind. Anybody have a solution that doesn't involve one of the above?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
Nobody? It's recognizing my phone outside of DL mode, just no luck when I'm actually in DL mode. (Yes, I've tried both putting it in DL then plugging it in and the opposite).

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
Wish that was it. I've used around four or five different types (based on other sph-l900 users) and all end with bollocks.

elwood

May 1, 2011
Menasha, Wisconsin
Wish that was it. I've used around four or five different types (based on other sph-l900 users) and all end with bollocks.

Have you tried on a different pc? I know you said it recognizes it out of download mode but it doesn't hurt to try

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
Yep. Two others. And made sure USB debugging was turned on. Even tried turning debugging off and making sure unknown sources was off. No avail.

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
I've also uninstalled/reinstalled kies, ran it with kies completely shut off and completely on and running, and with it installed and uninstalled.

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
Well shi*. It's the computer that isn't knowing it's connected in download mode. Any suggestions?

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
No beep, nothing in device manager. It's as if it isn't plugged in at all.

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
I've used everything from 1.83 to 3.09. I run as administrator. I'll try another cord later today when I get off work but I don't believe that's the issue.

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
I've used everything from 1.83 to 3.09. I run as administrator. I'll try another cord later today when I get off work but I don't believe that's the issue.

Have you tried a different USB port on the pc? I can usually switch between the two front ports and Odin will finally recognize it.

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
Yep. All three on my wife's comp and all three on mine.

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
Solved. For some reason when I used someone else's cord (and my laptop), Odin noticed it right off the bat. Thanks for the help guys!

Sent from my ratted out SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app to try to take over the world.

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
I had this issue before and helped someone out here recently. Despite the cable "working" most of them don't. I've ALWAYS used a genuine HTC cable (yeah I know...I have a Samsung product) whenever messing around with Odin or when connected to the baseband. Those aftermarket/ebay cables should be avoided for anything other than charging or using MTP.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
I had this issue before and helped someone out here recently. Despite the cable "working" most of them don't. I've ALWAYS used a genuine HTC cable (yeah I know...I have a Samsung product) whenever messing around with Odin or when connected to the baseband. Those aftermarket/ebay cables should be avoided for anything other than charging or using MTP.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!

Meh. Monoprice cables work fine IME.

Melijah

May 2, 2013
Ruston
It was an LG cord that did it. But my last cord I used was a ten dollar one from a gas station.