[Q] Is GLONASS fixed in I9505XXUAME2?

Search This thread

Breach1337

Jul 12, 2013
Brussels
[Edit: Ignore the title, I meant I9505XXUFNC9]

Just checking with folks running I9505XXUFNC9 - did Samsung finally fix the "4.4.2 will not lock in to GLONASS satellites" issue?

Cheers

Last edited:

dave106

Dec 22, 2005
uploadfromtaptalk1397996489942.jpg the i9500 has no problems locking on to glonass. So the 9505 isn't doing it??

Sent from my GT-I9500

zlovenac

Feb 26, 2014
as far as i know it is power saving feature not bug. snapdragon will kick glonass when gps signal is too ****y.

Nope, it is a bug on i9505 - kitkat combination. It is not possible to lock any GLONASS satellites.

If anyone knows if there is a custom kitkat based ROM that is not affected, I would appreciate the answer.

xtrustkillx

Jul 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Snapdragon processor automatically knows when to power on the GLONASS service, and when to leave it off. GLONASS will only engage when an adequate GPS signal can’t be found. This extends battery life while providing the best navigation experience possible.
copypaste from qualcomm site

Breach1337

Jul 12, 2013
Brussels
Snapdragon processor automatically knows when to power on the GLONASS service, and when to leave it off. GLONASS will only engage when an adequate GPS signal can’t be found. This extends battery life while providing the best navigation experience possible.

OK, thanks. This could be so, but on the other hand I distinctly remember seeing both GPS and GLONASS locking in 4.2.x or 4.3.x?

Aycim

Feb 14, 2011
Zwickau

I think this can't be true, not under kitkat. It is a bug.
When i was on old bootloader, and it was no problem to switch between 4.3 and 4.4 it was clearly to see: no glonass on kitkat, and instantly glonass-fix under jellybean.
Since I've got kitkat, i never had a glonass-fix, although i could see them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still not fixed. "If want GLONASS, buy new S5" - Samsung ;)
    FYI - fixed in NE5 firmware.

(of course I have Exchange wake lock issues now but that's another story ;)