[Q] Bootloop After Flash Stock Rom via LG Mobile Support Tool

Search This thread

alishaz

Dec 6, 2006
Hi,

Currently facing bootloop after trying to flash back stock rom on my D802 which has custom recovery TWRP

Situation is like this:

1. Originally on stock 4.2.2 then to 4.4.2 OTA
2. Rooted via ioroot25
3. Custom recovery installed via Cloudyfa's AutoRec [TWRP 2.7.0.0]
4. Installed CM 11 nightlies via zip install in TWRP
5. Flashed to stock again via LG Mobile Support Tool [D80220A].
6. Bootloops.

I've read that this softbrick/bootloop issue is expected and one should do a hard reset by

1. Turn off the phone completely
2. Pressing the Power+Vol Down till LG logo appears
3. Release for 1 sec then press both buttons again
4. Wait for the Factory Reset screen to appear <<<< This never came to me, if i continue hold the buttons down screen will be blank and phone is turned off

I've tried reinstalling the stock rom on LG Mobile Support Tool multiple times but still it bootloops. The phone is able to enter download mode though.

Can someone please help? Thanks.

Last edited:

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Hi,

Currently facing bootloop after trying to flash back stock rom on my D802 which has custom recovery TWRP

Situation is like this:

2. Rooted via ioroot25
6. Bootloops.

I've read that this softbrick/bootloop issue is expected and one should do a hard reset by

4. Wait for the Factory Reset screen to appear <<<< This never came to me, if i continue hold the buttons down screen will be blank and phone is turned off

I've tried reinstalling the stock rom on LG Mobile Support Tool multiple times but still it bootloops. The phone is able to enter download mode though.

instead of 3. Release for 1 sec then press both buttons again

do 3. Release for sec, then press and hold volume up and volume down...

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Hi,

Situation is like this:

2. Rooted via ioroot25
6. Bootloops.

I know that with one of the d802 kk updates they changed the combination to boot into factory reset so after power off phone try power+vol down and when lg logo appears let go and press vol up+down don't touch power

Reactions: Beezerk

Andrey94

Jun 18, 2014
Bucharest
OMG, i know some time has passed since the last post here, but i want to thank this user from the bottom of my heart for this info!! I tought my phone was completly dead!! Thank you very much! :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Situation is like this:

2. Rooted via ioroot25
    6. Bootloops.

I know that with one of the d802 kk updates they changed the combination to boot into factory reset so after power off phone try power+vol down and when lg logo appears let go and press vol up+down don't touch power