[Q] Chromecast and Cast screen...

Search This thread

TechMennis

Jul 1, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hey guys,
So a few days ago I flashed the flashable version of Google's Android L OS and it's great! Today I stretched my love by purchasing a Google Chromecast (from a Australian retailer due to living in Australia!) And a major selling point was the fact that I could now mirror my device! But this function doesn't seem to work as demonstrated at the I/O or anywhere else! Is this function still in development for Android L or am I missing something?
Keep in mind streaming YouTube has no issue, just mirror!

Thanks in advance!
TechMennis

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Hey guys,
So a few days ago I flashed the flashable version of Google's Android L OS and it's great! Today I stretched my love by purchasing a Google Chromecast (from a Australian retailer due to living in Australia!) And a major selling point was the fact that I could now mirror my device! But this function doesn't seem to work as demonstrated at the I/O or anywhere else! Is this function still in development for Android L or am I missing something?
Keep in mind streaming YouTube has no issue, just mirror!

Thanks in advance!
TechMennis

As far as I know that's still being developed on L. The Chromecast however is a wonderful device. I have 2 of them myself congrats on your purchase. L is a nice OS but it does have plenty of bugs. The basic Android functions work well but rooted apps caused a bootloop and half of the apps crash. I HIGHLY recommend not using it as a primary driver, and instead install MultiROM if you haven't already.

Seeing a stupid comment on Google Play about an app you love and marking it as "spam". You've done it too.

TechMennis

Jul 1, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Thanks for the reply. I am using as daily driver Haha and no problems so far :) I'm currently using 1 rooted app (adaway) and everything seems fine :)
Very happy with results and will check out multiROM now