Disabling the boot sound.

Search This thread

Emp_M

Dec 28, 2011
NSW
Anyone know of a way to disable the boot sound? Having just recently rooted, installed TWRP, Xposed, and doing a few other things it's already driving me crazy. Searching has gotten me nowhere, with links being mostly about BoomSound, or boot animations.

fasst

Feb 20, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I got my M8 yesterday and have root with S-ON. (The link says on did this with S-ON) I've have renamed the mp3-file and also tried to edit the default.xml file.
In both cases the phone reboot istself and reverts any change I have made.

So I beleive I need S-OFF, even one said in the link he did this mod with S-ON?

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I got my M8 yesterday and have root with S-ON. (The link says on did this with S-ON) I've have renamed the mp3-file and also tried to edit the default.xml file.

TWRP recovery :
boot to recovery - select Mount and mount system
select Advanced - select File Manager - browse to system/customize/resource and select the HTC_Sense5_Boot.mp3 then you have option to delete it or to rename it

done then reboot, it should work for S-On device

Reactions: TheEarman

doublehp

Jul 14, 2009

I forgot if SOFF is required; but, you need to remount RW; so, either do
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701816
or, make the change from recovery.

If phone reboots itself, it's an other issue. If just the module was missing, then, then change would be canceled after reboot, but after manual reboot.

Auto-reboot on write means you have an other issue. For me, it was that the file system was corrupted. I needed to run fsck on /system; it was not included in my ROM. A friend build it for me. Fsck found errors, fixed them, and them, i had no more reboot on write.

I will upload fsck on the thread about the module in a few days.

TheEarman

Dec 29, 2012
Vancouver
Works great! As I am rooted, I just used ES File Explorer to go to system/customize/resource and I renamed HTC_Sense5_Boot.mp3 to HTC_Sense5_Boot.mp3.Silent Works like a charm. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts