[Q] Nokia 930 can't connect with Onedrive. Hard reset doesn't work.

Search This thread

alves.co

Aug 18, 2012
Hi,

I've bought today a Lumia 930. But there is very serious problem with it... I can't connect to the Onedrive. It shows me, that I haven't internet connection and try again later.

I tried to do some hard/factory resets and login with three different microsoft accounts, but it doesn't work.

See some pictures please in attachment.

And one more thing with my broken 930... I can't do backup - "Wystąpił błąd, prosze spróbować ponownie" means in my language: "An Error occured. Please try again later".

Is it some kind of serious software bug, which I can only fight with warranty?

Could you try to help me, please?

Greetings,
Peter.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140522_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140522_0001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 46
  • wp_ss_20140522_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20140522_0002.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 32
  • wp_ss_20140522_0003.jpg
    wp_ss_20140522_0003.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 35

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
I see you're connecting via wifi... Are you sure your Wifi has internet access? Can you browse the internet OK?

alves.co

Aug 18, 2012
I see you're connecting via wifi... Are you sure your Wifi has internet access? Can you browse the internet OK?

Hey, of course yes. I should be an idiot to post on XDA, when my WiFi simply doesn't work. :)

It's problem only with Onedrive and backup copy.

Now, I'm trying to do a recover via "Nokia Software Recovery Tool". It's very last chance for this phone in my opinion.

Greetings,
Peter.

EDIT: This method doesn't work for me. Onedrive error is still there. :(

Last edited:

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
Hey, of course yes. I should be an idiot to post on XDA, when my WiFi simply doesn't work. :)

I had to ask... You'd be shocked at how many people just don't check the basic things...

Which leads to my next question!

It's problem only with Onedrive and backup copy.

Now, I'm trying to do a recover via "Nokia Software Recovery Tool". It's very last chance for this phone in my opinion.

Greetings,
Peter.

EDIT: This method doesn't work for me. Onedrive error is still there. :(

Have you verified that you can sign in OK from other devices?

alves.co

Aug 18, 2012
I had to ask... You'd be shocked at how many people just don't check the basic things...

Which leads to my next question!

Have you verified that you can sign in OK from other devices?

Of course I've verified. From windows7 and from another Lumia (520 exactly). It's very serious problem, because this Onedrive and backup are key feature in WP 8.1

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
I suggest then, that you take it back to the store and swap it for another, and check OneDrive before you leave. I bought a 930 at the weekend, and OneDrive works just fine for me, so it's not a problem with the OS.

With such a new unit, it's probably not worth wasting time trying to debug it... Just swap it.

alves.co

Aug 18, 2012
I suggest then, that you take it back to the store and swap it for another, and check OneDrive before you leave. I bought a 930 at the weekend, and OneDrive works just fine for me, so it's not a problem with the OS.

With such a new unit, it's probably not worth wasting time trying to debug it... Just swap it.

Im now in store, but they wont exchange it for another device. They want to fix it...
My God, I hate them so much :)