Uh, did it just die?

Search This thread

jamcar

Aug 11, 2010
Orlando
I noticed the screen was off while it was charging, when I went to pick it up it turned on. But I can't tell if it turned on all the way. I think the screen went off before it finished booting. The screen is now off, and I can't actually tell if it's on or not. Putting it back on the charger did nothing.

y9uvu6u6.jpg

jimbobtexas

May 10, 2010
Carrollton
I noticed the screen was off while it was charging, when I went to pick it up it turned on. But I can't tell if it turned on all the way. I think the screen went off before it finished booting. The screen is now off, and I can't actually tell if it's on or not. Putting it back on the charger did nothing.

Did you happen to take the OTA update prior to this happening?

jamcar

Aug 11, 2010
Orlando
No - you'd see it. I can't seem to load the update, no matter what I try, and I get the same symptom. I have to get it back to a low-level boot and restore in order to recover the watch. I'm convinced that this firmware update does not work with my watch.
Are you using adb for the low-level boot? I don't think in going to have access to that because of the RSA encryption key that adb needs to work.

jimbobtexas

May 10, 2010
Carrollton
Are you using adb for the low-level boot? I don't think in going to have access to that because of the RSA encryption key that adb needs to work.

Yeah, but I'm using this wonderful tool to accomplish that: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54250887&postcount=1
It should take care of you.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Yeah, but I'm using this wonderful tool to accomplish that: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54250887&postcount=1

Another thing: is the screen rotating through a series of low-level light changes? You'll need to be in pretty dim lighting to tell. If so, that's a boot loop. If not, then it just may be croaked. :(

Reactions: Servine and jamcar

jamcar

Aug 11, 2010
Orlando

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Another thing: is the screen rotating through a series of low-level light changes? You'll need to be in pretty dim lighting to tell. If so, that's a boot loop. If not, then it just may be croaked. :(

That program is unable to find it too, Windows device manager doesn't even see the hardware.

jimbobtexas

May 10, 2010
Carrollton
That program is unable to find it too, Windows device manager doesn't even see the hardware.

Did you use the tool to install the ADB drivers? That's #1 on the menu.

If so, then you need to try the pin reset trick to get it to the bootloader. It's kinda tricky, because you have to catch it at the right time. I found that if you can manage to use a ballpoint pen to hold the rear reset pin down, then when the LG logo appears, you swipe from top left to lower right, you'll get to the bootloader. It's tricky, but doable. Once there, you should be able to run the recovery tool and get your watch functional again.

Reactions: jamcar

EnIXmA

Feb 16, 2012
Mississauga, on
I did a reset and still cannot see any update... Now, my watch does not show any watch apps installed on my phone... Any way to fix this?

Radagast82

Sep 10, 2007
same here. left it on on the charging cradle all night long, this morning found it off. tried to place it on the cradle again showed a full battery icon, took it back and screen is off. tried the reset button for 10 and 30 sec with no results. any ideas? didn't tried to connect it to my pc, but i guess it will no work, nor the recovery tool will, as the watch is totally off... :crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I didn't, but does the watch self-update?

No - you'd see it. I can't seem to load the update, no matter what I try, and I get the same symptom. I have to get it back to a low-level boot and restore in order to recover the watch. I'm convinced that this firmware update does not work with my watch.

Did you use the tool to install the ADB drivers? That's #1 on the menu.

If so, then you need to try the pin reset trick to get it to the bootloader. It's kinda tricky, because you have to catch it at the right time. I found that if you can manage to use a ballpoint pen to hold the rear reset pin down, then when the LG logo appears, you swipe from top left to lower right, you'll get to the bootloader. It's tricky, but doable. Once there, you should be able to run the recovery tool and get your watch functional again.