CyanogenMod 7.2 [OFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy Ace [NIGHTLY-cooper-2012-05-27 08:43:31]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

otoolerc

Feb 12, 2012
Halifax
Hey folks. Do I need to format anything to update my March 14th install, or can I just NAND, Titanium back up and then flash zip from SD through cwm?

mixbox360

Sep 23, 2011
Metepec
LG V60 ThinQ
Applied DT app2sd and have more than 20 apps installed

20shlv.png

Last edited:

KcLKcL

Dec 3, 2011
Jakarta
So where is the bugtracker? The camera isn't as smooth as in vo-1's build. Can we report this to the maintainer? Maybe the lib should be replaced with the vo-1's lib?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

PJ147

Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
Sony Xperia 1 II
battery lasts only for a day.

Did 2 days with stock and cf-root.

Its well documented that stock roms last a lot longer than CM roms. Anyway whats wrong with a day? charge up at night or in the morning. Im a very heavy user and on my Galaxy Ace i only get half day. Now that is annoying!!

My Galaxy note has a 2500mah battery and I only get a day out of that!

chinoyray

Jun 27, 2011
Muntinlupa
chinoyray.com
I can't still fathom why some people complain about battery life of smartphones especially if you have a data plan. If you want long lasting battery life for your phones, use a feature phone instead or don't turn on 3g.

Reactions: xxxMADxxx

Qwertymash

Apr 3, 2012
I can't still fathom why some people complain about battery life of smartphones especially if you have a data plan. If you want long lasting battery life for your phones, use a feature phone instead or don't turn on 3g.

Very true. Just keeping my brightness down helps alot

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA

bbk!ng

Feb 13, 2009
Belgrade
Its well documented that stock roms last a lot longer than CM roms. Anyway whats wrong with a day? charge up at night or in the morning. Im a very heavy user and on my Galaxy Ace i only get half day. Now that is annoying!!

My Galaxy note has a 2500mah battery and I only get a day out of that!

When first GSM mobile phone introduced and 4 days was bad result for battery, my friend have a phrase: "Battery life don't tell anything about phone, only about owner of phone"

Sent from SGA by TT2

kirikl

Jan 17, 2008
Moscow
I have problems with headset. I need to connect with contact and end my call, and after I hear anything, but contact doesn't hear me, till I press button on my headset, or mute button two times - than I can both hear the contact and he hears me too.
I already installed fix for headset button, but no differences.
I have no problems in stock firmware with this headset.
Headset icon appears just after I plug earphones or headset. However headset in programs, like tape machine, any recorders which works with external mic on headset - works fine! Button works ok as well.
I think it is only call program (system) problem. How to fix it?

pradeepadiga

Oct 9, 2011
I have problems with headset. I need to connect with contact and end my call, and after I hear anything, but contact doesn't hear me, till I press button on my headset, or mute button two times - than I can both hear the contact and he hears me too.
I already installed fix for headset button, but no differences.
I have no problems in stock firmware with this headset.
Headset icon appears just after I plug earphones or headset. However headset in programs, like tape machine, any recorders which works with external mic on headset - works fine! Button works ok as well.
I think it is only call program (system) problem. How to fix it?

Even I am facing the same issue. Waiting for a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 7.2 [OFFICAL] [DEVICE COOPER]
    Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830
    [NIGHTLY-cooper-2012-05-27 08:43:31]

samsung-s5830-galaxy-ace-243008.png

The wait finally ended CyanogenMod team release the first official rom nightly for Samsung Galaxy Ace​

NIGHTLY-cooper-2012-05-27 08:43:31

github CyanogenMod / android_device_samsung_cooper​

General Changelogs

how to install CyanogenMod Official

- Stock ROM Gingerbread 2.3.x
    - Install CWM Recovery 5 (preferably)
    - Wipe data/factory reset
    - Wipe cache partition
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > update-cm-7-NIGHTLY-cooper-signed.zip > yes install
    - Reboot system!!

first boot may take 2 to 5 minutes maximum!

GAPSS-GB-20120317-signed.zip​

Installed for recovery

- install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > gapps-gb-20120116-237-signed.zip > yes install

- reboot!

Kernel with OC by ketut.kumajaya

Note:- Users are having issues with kernals other than Official one, it is advised to stick to the official kernel for now untill Oc is fully supported for official Cm 7

Installed for recovery

- install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > cm-blackhawk-kernel.zip > yes install

- reboot!

Screenshot​

screenshot1327419354414.png

Video Install & Review​

GPS works fine in the UK without the lagloose fix for me, but I do use my own custom gps.conf. I've decided not to use the lagloose fix any more as I don't quite know what the other possible effects are of overwriting hardware libraries with stock ones (I had GPS completely fail after I applied the itasoulas/lagloose fix and only an update to an official CM7.2 nightly without the fix restored it a couple of weeks ago)...

By the way, there is another nightly out *after* the RC3 from yesterday with one additional fix:

update-cm-7-20120527-NIGHTLY-cooper-signed.zip
    libaudio-msm7x30: restore call check before reset current sound device (android_hardware_msm7k)
    http://cm-7-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=cooper

Direct link: http://get.cm/get/2xX
    I don't think he has an Ace but a Gio, but I mailed him just in case I'm wrong. He is credited as pushing the recent changes to the GalaxyTeam cooper repo.

Afaik no official member of cm or teamhacksung team actually had an ace except for coolya. Thats what occasionally pissing me off when everyone keep judging him and say hes lazy or anything. For gods sake hes working alone! And look where we are now, nightly build with stable in the horizon. </rant over>

Sent from your phone
    After too much many SoDs in the last 24 hours (before having none on other roms), I've compiled a kernel (from Kolja's sources in https://github.com/teamhacksung/android_kernel_samsung_msm) and made a flashable zip with updated proprietary files for testing.

Please test and report results. I've only tested it on Kolja's last nightly (20120514), but should work on other CM7 roms (only on cooper).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzgxy3l1b2q0rib/CL882825-signed.zip
    Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium