Just got the one X and dislike it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DANOFDANGER

Jul 27, 2011
So i purchased the one X today thinking that it may be just too big for me but id give it a go and return it if it was, turns out the screen is too big but still quite enjoyable and usable but everything else isn't up to par in my expectations (i set high bar).
The screen is beautiful and i am very picky when it comes to that sort of stuff with countless hours playing with tv's, monitors calibrating and fixing them i have some sort of a fettish and trained eye so props for the screen.
But everything else just doesn't seem that great, i expected better from quad core from my move from sensation and the performance in some apps is less pleasing then it was for the sensation.

I just think there's nothing really fascinating that would make you want to keep the phone so i am thinking about getting the samsung galaxy s3.

Whats your thoughts.

Kickasskev

Jul 31, 2010
Sunderland
It's good enough for me, coming from lg optimus 2x its a billion time better phone, little bit stutter on games and screen flicker while browsing web but the 1.28 update is meant to sort that out.
10/10 for me sorry if u don't feel the same.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

abc27

Apr 16, 2010
Any performance problems will be solved with upcoming updates. The Tegra 3 is a powerful CPU/GPU. The software still needs a bit of work to use its full potential.

D

Delusphere

Send back, and get your money back. Get something you will like. If you wait a while longer, there will be a few good phones about that beat the One X.

DANOFDANGER

Jul 27, 2011
thanks for the ohnest replies and dont get me wrong its a great phone i just think its not for me.

visor

Sep 11, 2004
www.v1sor.com
I thought the same with the stock ROM (I also came from a Sensation). It wasn't until I put the ARHD ROM on it that I got to see some of the device's potential.

If you're comfortable with it (and can follow the instructions verbatim), then rooting your device and replacing the ROM (baring in mind the potential problem with warranty) might be what you're looking for, unless you really...really want the GS3? ;)

DANOFDANGER

Jul 27, 2011
I thought the same with the stock ROM (I also came from a Sensation). It wasn't until I put the ARHD ROM on it that I got to see some of the device's potential.

If you're comfortable with it (and can follow the instructions verbatim), then rooting your device and replacing the ROM (baring in mind the potential problem with warranty) might be what you're looking for, unless you really...really want the GS3? ;)

thanks for the reply and i expected as much so its something to think about.

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield
The device is still fairly new, so many update to come for optimisation for the performance and maybe 'battery' life. Also wait until they publish a fresh kernel source which the developers can get a hands on and you'll see better performance and also 'battery' life too maybe. But it's true, a Quad-Core is a killer, especially how hot the phone gets, I however downclocked mine to 800Mhz - Interactive Governor and it's fine, game run smooth etc

DANOFDANGER

Jul 27, 2011
In regards to optimization i think there is only a little room for what htc can actually achieve with what they have, they are somewhat underdeveloped with their software engineers and i have seen it with previous devices from htc including the sensation which showed very little improvement until ICS was released and that was work done by the improvements of the base not by htc efficiency improvements.
Screen size is not a issue it is quite nice but its more the frame size due to the large screen, now the gs3 on the other hand from what we know atm could have a smaller bezel which may present a smaller frame size so its not because of the screen entirely that makes the phone large.

Also there's always going to be haters on the forum because they are biased towards their own decision and cannot compensate their small brains to allow other people to have alternative opinions on things, so troll away maggots.

Reactions: stiffmast3r

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
In regards to optimization i think there is only a little room for what htc can actually achieve with what they have, they are somewhat underdeveloped with their software engineers and i have seen it with previous devices from htc including the sensation which showed very little improvement until ICS was released and that was work done by the improvements of the base not by htc efficiency improvements.
Screen size is not a issue it is quite nice but its more the frame size due to the large screen, now the gs3 on the other hand from what we know atm could have a smaller bezel which may present a smaller frame size so its not because of the screen entirely that makes the phone large.

Also there's always going to be haters on the forum because they are biased towards their own decision and cannot compensate their small brains to allow other people to have alternative opinions on things, so troll away maggots.

Well....hopefully the devs coming over can optimize everything. All HTC needs to do is release bloody sources and stop being dumb.

Tegra 3 can definitely be optimized more, and Nvidia needs to update their GFX drivers also, I have a feeling they're the cause for some of these screen flickering on light grey colors and just artifacting etc...in general that ppl are having.

Companion core needs to be used more as well as GPU for UI things.

And yea, GS III can be a smaller devices with a very thin bezel and no buttons. But I doubt it, will still be fairly large IMO, but maybe smaller than One X

DANOFDANGER

Jul 27, 2011
Well....hopefully the devs coming over can optimize everything. All HTC needs to do is release bloody sources and stop being dumb.

Tegra 3 can definitely be optimized more, and Nvidia needs to update their GFX drivers also, I have a feeling they're the cause for some of these screen flickering on light grey colors and just artifacting etc...in general that ppl are having.

Companion core needs to be used more as well as GPU for UI things.

And yea, GS III can be a smaller devices with a very thin bezel and no buttons. But I doubt it, will still be fairly large IMO, but maybe smaller than One X

Yea i agree, devs seem to do more improvements than the actual manufacturers its so funny. Its like why don't they hire these mofo but i reckon they know and want to save money so they just let 3rd party take care of it.

DANOFDANGER

Jul 27, 2011
screens aren't going to get smaller. at best, we will get flexible screens that roll up into a tube or something.

No but the bezel's could and there is a limit to perfection of course screens may not get smaller but id say they will stop at some point at a preferred size cause we are not going to be walking around with 22" screens in our pockets are we haha even if they were rolled up.

If a screen for a phone were to be developed with 0% bezel size then 6 inch's could almost fit in your hand comfortably without issues.

lckuok

May 23, 2008
This is htc we are talking about, do you think they are goodat optimization hmmm ?.

Yes we are talking about HTC not Samsung which is even worse, look at touchwiz, besides hardware acceleration I don't see anything else, I doubt Samsung would rework it like HTC did for sense

Isn't the s3 going to be slightly bigger than the one x?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sweet, all the best guys...guess this thread can be closed and you can carry on this convo in the SGS3 forums :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Definitely return it and get the S3. Done.

1. Yes, it does. The vibration should be strong.
    2. I've been holding phones longer than you, so I really don't think there is much you could teach me anyway.
    3. Unlike some, I actually like to organize thing neatly. Maybe you prefer things to be haphazard, more power to you.

Like I said, I've returned to the GS II. It just offers much more in an easier to use package.

Good for you. Our lives are richer now that you've shared that information. Good luck with your GS2.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    I don't like mobile phones because I like to talk to people in person. And this phone cannot even run Uncharted 3 or Diablo III on it. Lame. I'm going to return it because it did not serve up to my expectations as stated above. I disliked it. Maybe I will get the iphone because Samuel Jackson did an advertisement for it and I enjoy iPhone's bigger screens. Anyway it should be clear to you all that I'll still keep the One X even though I said I will return it.
    This is just my personal opinion so anyone sees it as inappropriate should just grow up and be a man. I don't care what forum this is because I have the right to express my opinions and show off my unique identity.
    What are you guys' thoughts.

Sent from my lame HTC One X using xda premium although I prefer a face-to-face discussion but don't hit me in the face
    Sweet, all the best guys...guess this thread can be closed and you can carry on this convo in the SGS3 forums :)

I know. Why on earth is this thread still open is beyond me. You want to moan about the one x that is **** do it on a different forum not here. S3 will be a huge phone and probs yes better than the HOX but still this is a great phone and I love it to death. So do your trolling somewhere else and close this thread