How root Alcatel OT-916

Search This thread

javitronz

Jan 13, 2011
Hi all, is possible to root Alcatel OT-916??

It is an qwerty android device, android version 2.3.6, base 6573 kernel 2.6.35.7

It is very similar to OT-918. I try to be root using SuperOneClickv2.3.3 and UnlockRoot but this methods dont work.

Device details in gsmarena.com

Thankyou very much

masivo182

Jun 8, 2012
Solution, a few months later :)

Hi all, is possible to root Alcatel OT-916??

It is an qwerty android device, android version 2.3.6, base 6573 kernel 2.6.35.7

It is very similar to OT-918. I try to be root using SuperOneClickv2.3.3 and UnlockRoot but this methods dont work.

Device details in gsmarena.com

Thankyou very much

Hi! I was searching for the same and found this: w w w . fix-mobile.net/2013/02/como-rootear-alcatel-one-touch-916. html (remove the spaces, i'm a new user and can't post external links).
It's in spanish, but it's a quite simple procedure, you just need the files they linked and follow the video (install a custom recovery, copy SU.app to a SD, reboot into custom recovery ["#"+"Power"] and install zip from SD.) Hope this can help anybody.

icemaher

May 11, 2014
Boot problem

Hi! I was searching for the same and found this: w w w . fix-mobile.net/2013/02/como-rootear-alcatel-one-touch-916. html (remove the spaces, i'm a new user and can't post external links).
It's in spanish, but it's a quite simple procedure, you just need the files they linked and follow the video (install a custom recovery, copy SU.app to a SD, reboot into custom recovery ["#"+"Power"] and install zip from SD.) Hope this can help anybody.
That worked well!
Rooting was ok, everything works great, i have uninstalled/moved many applications.
I have installed some custom rom from serbian forum jaffta rom v3, but phone doesn't boot. Some logo image by developer is flashing, and nothing happens.
Tried to wipe format everything and restore my previous backup made before rooting, nothing happens.
If someone have original rom/backup from alcatel ot 916, please send me. Thanks.