Hey Apple can your iphones do this?

Search This thread

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
I showed my coworker this today and he started to look for Note 2s on craigslist. He has the S2. Needless to say, he wants this phone so bad.. lol

anyadike

Mar 7, 2009
Chicago
I blew domeone's mind with this today. Only I had a youtube, google talk and popup browser running at once. They went into a bootloop. He just kept saying "wha- how- you can- what- how - you can- ..."

Actually, I've been thinging of creating a "Who's using MultiWindow" poll in this forum, just like there is in every other Note 2 forum. I've only recently started using MultiWindow (after being so excited when I first got it), which is wierd - in the last 8 years I've always read the manual of every smartphone I've owned, because I figure that if my ignorance causes me to spend an extra 5-10 seconds doing something that I could do faster, and I use my phone so many times a day, I'll literally waste hours or days in the couple of years I'll own the phone.

I think the Note 2 had so many new features, that I was too overwhelmed to take advantage of them all, at first. I'm only now trying to take advantage of MultiWindow, so I wanted to ask my questions here before starting a whole new thread.

As an example, right now the most frequent use for me is at the gym to watch video (YouTube, bootleg video, or Comcast TV) while tracking sports scores or occasionally tracking social media. I still think it was awesome previously just having it in my pocket playing music (usually Pandora), while eCID announced my texts, sports scores (I set it to announce notifications from "The Score" app) and certain Facebook notifications. The visual distraction during my work-out experience is more fun, though, but I'm having trouble controling the screen rotation. Switching which apps are displayed seems to occasionally rotate the screen, annoyingly squeezing the 16:9 video into a tiny sideways window. Also, I swear that certain gestures are rotating my screen, but I haven't been able to determine which ones. As I type this now, I'm thinking I should just simply turn-off auto screen rotation, but it seems like there are additional controls to MultiWindow that I haven't yet discovered, so I wanted to ask.

Also, I want to hear more examples of how people are finding MultiWindow useful - I really feel like I'm not really exploiting this feature like I could. (For example, I'm going to start using the floating keyboard more, thanks to this thread - big thanks!)

vebulous

Oct 26, 2011
Deland
To anyadike: the most often use of multi-window for me is during video chat. I can video chat with my fiancé and still do other things. Luckily, with the any-app-to-multi Window-mod, I can skype or Google+ hangout (or as others say "derp Face Time. I swear, I snap when people use that term for non-apple devices), while texting or chatting. I go landscape and everything fits nicely. I think it's the best example.

Another use I have is for music on the top and etc. on the bottom. And the fact that the multi-windowed apps can resize is also an unsung feature. Well, most of them, at least. Stock phone and stock calculator are 2 exceptions I can conjure right off the top of my head that don't like resizing. At least there are alternatives to those core apps.

I recently bumped into SwipePad (can be found in Play Store), and this really super charges things. I have instant access to my most-frequent contacts and apps. So, on top of multi-Window multi-tasking, I can quickly make a phone call or check the weather without cluttering my notifications or Flashbar.

This device is beast, but the community make it a beauty. May they never stop modding the crap out of it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 powered by Jedi Master 10 using xda-developers app.

Last edited:
Reactions: anyadike

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just love it
    Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
    I blew domeone's mind with this today. Only I had a youtube, google talk and popup browser running at once. They went into a bootloop. He just kept saying "wha- how- you can- what- how - you can- ..."

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    You blew my mind...

seriously though, how do you enable the floating keyboard?
    First, be sure to have both apps opened. Then, on one of the apps touch on the typing area, to bring up the keyboard. Write at least one letter, and it should be able to float around. I tried to make it float without writing a single letter and it won't. Maybe it's just me, but it worked as described. :thumbup:

Cheers.

Screenshots_2013-02-20-10-38-27.png

Sent from my Die Hard Galaxy Note II
    First, be sure to have both apps opened. Then, on one of the apps touch on the typing area, to bring up the keyboard. Write at least one letter, and it should be able to float around. I tried to make it float without writing a single letter and it won't. Maybe it's just me, but it worked as described. :thumbup:

Cheers.

Screenshots_2013-02-20-10-38-27.png

Sent from my Die Hard Galaxy Note II

I got it working ..it wasn't because I was using swift key and when I went to type I changed the input to Samsung keypad ..when I exited out and reopened the Windows it was working, thanks :D

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app