Search This thread

nk111

Mar 30, 2009
Munich
it's really not that hard...

as cyanogen wrote quite at the beginning: we are free to use fastboot to JUST FLASH THE SYS IMAGE! No spl, no radio, no boot and no recovery is needed for this.

1. download System Image signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-img-14721.zip from HTC
2. extract the system.img from this
3. boot into fastboot mode
4. fastboot flash system [yourpath]system.img
5. reboot to recovery
6. flash cm update.zip

thats it.

I came from 4.1.11.1 did not wipe and had no probs.

Haywir3

Sep 9, 2009
Just Alt X in Recovery 1.4

Do you mean Alt+W?

If your problems continue to persist as you read this, I would suggest wiping everything. Go back into Recovery 1.4, do a wipe data/factory reset (Alt+W), then launch the console (Alt+X) and run the following:

# mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd
# cd /system/sd
# rm -rf /system/sd/*
# reboot recovery

Then reinstall everything according to the given instructions.

mazzano4

Sep 4, 2009
i want to put my new class6 8gig card in and install this 1.6 and Cyanogens new rom, do i have to partition this new card the same as i did my old one before installing the new roms, thanks

jndscslegal

Aug 17, 2007
Runs slower but no errors\forceclose

Seems its running slower but stable for me everything went smoothly just followed directions. :)

underamoon

May 11, 2009
Im not sure what Im doing wrong. I am coming from the latest xROM. I downloaded both files per the 1st post. Updated the recovery image, rebooted, updated the cm image, rebooted. It takes a very long time to get past the flashing Android screen, then it pops up the Google registration page. At this point, the phone slows down to a crawl. I think it maybe doing apps2sd in the background because some of my apps are force closing (like Google Talk). Is there a way to stop apps2sd from running before doing the 2 reboots on the home screen? (The last step on the instructions)

If anyone knows whats else I can try, please post.

Thanks.

Have you tried Wiping and repairing ext?

Archont

Oct 27, 2007
One thing is missing in the installation manual: make sure the downloaded update from HTC is not corrupted by checking the MD5 sum - it would have saved me 3 hours of my sunday...

bhang

Aug 19, 2006
megalopolis
same issue, reading entire post now looking for workaround

Can someone please provide a mirror link of the htc 1.6 recovery img for the G1 my computer and my phone are not letting me download, for some reason when I try to download it it shuts down my browse. Thank you in adavanced

The same thing keeps happening to me as well as I can't seem to get rapidshare pages to load, (amon-ra's recovery) either, so I'm looking thru the thread to find a way to get back to 1.6 and CM.

I have flashed, wiped and cleaned my ext3 partition, all to no avail

Bhang

D

Deleted member 1979557

Rogers

Hey everyone and especially Cyanogen, will this mod work with the Rogers G1?
Im running CyanoGen Mod 4.0.2 with 2.22.19.26I radio

Last edited by a moderator:

KeithLM

Oct 5, 2009
I've got all the bugs people are reporting worked out for the next release. Just need a little time tonight to get it together.

That's great to hear. You work quick. Thanks for all your hard work on this, you're putting together a hell of a package. I'm definitely seeing some speed improvements and I find the keyboard much better to work with now.

raziel200

Aug 18, 2009
ok cyan coming from cm 4.0.4 i follow your instructions and my g1 gets stuck at the g1 screen can anyone help?

JimmyJayCEO

Jul 30, 2009
Southern California
Yeah budday!!!!!

The same thing keeps happening to me as well as I can't seem to get rapidshare pages to load, (amon-ra's recovery) either, so I'm looking thru the thread to find a way to get back to 1.6 and CM.

I have flashed, wiped and cleaned my ext3 partition, all to no avail

Bhang

I HAD the same issue on when I tried to download the HTC recovery image from the site. My browser would shut down. When I got home and downloaded it from the site a "accept or decline" message popped up that you have to interact with. So that may be your problem why you can't download it. Check you pop up setting or something on the computer.

LOVE the new ROM. LOVE everything cyanogen. Thanks for coming up with a solution to our problem with such quickness. Everything is running as smooth as a fresh shaved vag in my book. Looking forward to the next update and what is to come. :D:D:D:D

scoobrel

Apr 22, 2009
NY
need help

I followed the instructions to install the rom and it booted up ok the first time. But when i restarted the phone it it got stuck at the T-Mobile G1 startup screen. i went in to recovery and repeated the installation instructions but it still wont pass the startup screen. I tried a nandroid restore but it still wont work. Is there anything that i can do to fix it or is it bricked.

jiffyj

May 3, 2006
24 hours later and i'm still loving this rom on my MT3g, not sure about others, but for me it's running pretty fast, almost faster than the last experimental rom before this. All i'm awaiting is the bluetooth fix, and then i'm golden. Thanks so much for all your work, love it. Beer money has just been donated!

iRobC

May 17, 2009
Do you mean Alt+W?

If your problems continue to persist as you read this, I would suggest wiping everything. Go back into Recovery 1.4, do a wipe data/factory reset (Alt+W), then launch the console (Alt+X) and run the following:

# mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd
# cd /system/sd
# rm -rf /system/sd/*
# reboot recovery

Then reinstall everything according to the given instructions.

Sorry yes I meant Alt+W ;o)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that the dust has settled, it's time for a new CM build..

This is a heavily modified version of AOSP 1.6 without the proprietary bits (which will back up your proprietary bits and restore them after installing the ROM). In order to get up and running the first time, you'll need to follow some simple instructions. A great set of documentation has been put together by the community at the CyanogenMod Wiki. Everything you need to know is there!

But first..

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

The Android devices we own come with many files that can't be redistributed legally, and as you all probably know, I can no longer include these with my ROMs. So, in order to get up and running, you'll need a compatible device with a compatible ROM.

Installation Guide @ CyanogenMod Wiki:: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Main_Page#How_do_I_upgrade_to_the_latest_CyanogenMod.3F

IF HTC Touch Input Force Closes: install file below =)

* UNIVERSAL! Runs on both Dream and Magic 32B
    * Based on Android 1.6, many bugfixes and enhancements from AOSP, XDA, and me
    * Custom art and wallpapers from Prash
    * Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
    * Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
    * Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
    * Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
    * Launcher with 5 screens and auto-orientation and compact drawer layout
    * 360 degree auto-orientation thanks to Optedoblivion
    * Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
    * Includes Amazon MP3 store, and Work Email (MS Exchange support)
    * Does not require "DangerSPL"
    * Includes a massive APN list
    * Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
    * Various enhancements to the Settings app including extra partition space
    * System dex cache moved to /cache to save 30mb on /data
    * Phone app enhancements by cytown
    * MMS enhancements from rgv151
    * FLAC audio support thanks to kroot
    * Bluetooth OBEX support from Erin Yueh
    * Contacts app enhancements by ChainsDD and Wysie
    * USB tethering support (kernel code ported by Zinx)
    * Commandline extras: bash, lsof, powertop, htop, nano, busybox
    * Ability to lock home app in memory (control in Spare Parts app)
    * Eclair graphics, apps, and other guts
    * Multitouch browser and gallery
    * Music and DeskClock apps from Eclair

Code Repository on Github: http://github.com/cyanogen

Visit our new forum for all the latest updates and downloads!

Stop by #cyanogenmod on irc.freenode.net!
    can anyone tell me how to install the bfs image?
    I'm up and running! You guys are awesome!
    Glad to hear you got it going ...... now drink a beer or sparkling water ..whatever your fancy
    That makes sense to me. But its a paid app so I don't think the author would post the apk on his site. But anyway, its just a Task manager. I can always use another one. Just that Advanced Task Manager worked best.

But 4.2.3.1 worked beautifully except for that one app and for the fact that after installing 2-3 apps, I have to restart phone or I get the 'Installation Error' problem.
    You could wait for an update. My market let me install some of the protected apps I lost when I wiped my ext3 when there were updates (before that the buttons for open and uninstall were greyed out).
    HTC 1.6 Base images

...A.K.A HTC "Recovery images"

Guys I know there are new links up and live, but I thought I might add a few more for convenience and diversity (uploaded to RS).
    I know the ADP one works for sure and is rooted.
    The Dream one is the one that's been floating around, and is also available here

HTC Dream image
    md5sum: b3e12b004c155761a10b1a848288e0c3

HTC ADP image (rooted base)
    md5sum: 9725b0334de45d678221b626f90e6703

They will be available as long as I maintain my RS account, so till January 21st for sure. Let's hope we don't need them anymore by that time ;)