"Mobile Network Is Not Available" Gio running CM 11

Search This thread

A_Lad_Insane

Aug 26, 2014
This is my first post here, so apologies if this isn't where my post belongs or I screw something else up.

So, I had a previous CM on my phone for awhile, whichever used 4.0.4 as memory serves.
Decided to try a 4.4.x based rom, and found a 4.4.2 rom which actually has a working camera, which seems to be always the problem with roms for the Gio.

I *thought* everything had gone smoothly, only to realize that my phone had no connection to the Mobile Network wasn't working. it took me a moment to figure out how to get that connection to work as this had not been a problem previously. my problem is the connection seems to be forgotten, on occasion, with little or no warning that I can neither make or receive calls nor SMS. Forcing me to search for the network, and reconnect.. shouldn't this happen automatically?

I hope I've provided enough information to be useful, if not I'd naturally be happy to provide what I can.

Thanks!

I'm on Virgin Mobile in Canada

Galaxy Gio

CM Version : 11.0-20140605
Android Vers: 4.4.2
Baseband Vers: S5660XXKS2
Kernel Vers:
2.6.35.7-androidarmv6+
jenkins@piripiri209 #1
Thu Jun 5 16:09:21 CEST 2014

Build Date: Thur Jun 5 15:40:49 CEST 2014

Build # :
cm_gio-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L
20140605 release-keys

z0mbi@

Oct 3, 2012
I am using CM11 RC9 also meet the same problem, after a soft reboot then it show "Mobile Network Is Not Available", everything is work except using mobile network to surf the internet.
And there has another problem, sometime Wifi suddently no data transfer, I have to turn it off and turn on again, and it's working again.

A_Lad_Insane

Aug 26, 2014
It's a 3g/2g phone and 2g coverage doesn't seem to be as good in this area. I could understand if I were in a low-coverage area but it seems to be intermittent, it will be working fine, and then stop, then it will have trouble finding a network after searching multiple times. even then, again, should it not be doing something like this automatically? It shouldn't require manual intervention every time I lose signal.

A newly flashed rom or sudden reboots activates 3G network mode. So switch to 2G in these cases.

A_Lad_Insane

Aug 26, 2014
Okay, I was out with the phone today and it was constantly losing the signal then not being able to find any networks "error searching for networks" so I think this rom is not really in a good place yet, I'll have to try my luck with something else.

A_Lad_Insane

Aug 26, 2014
Looks like it was a noob mistake on my part, I think the baseband was changed to an American S5660 one, namely XXKS2
I was able to apply one from an older Canadian S5660M rom from samfirmware.com, namely UGKG3.

So I *think* it's sorted, but I'll keep you up to date.