Lost pictures.

Search This thread

cinnamngrl

Nov 21, 2011
When I ran out of space in my device I had to change my storage to storage card. Since then I've lost a bunch of pictures I can see them right after I've taken the picture but I can't find them later in the picture gallery

AquilaChill

Jan 17, 2011
Gallery will have two Camera folders, one for internal & one for external, atleast thats the way it is on 4.2.2 MF9.

Have you used a file manager to see if the pictures are there & gallery just isn't updating? Could your MicroSD card to your computer to see if the files are there. Would be in DCIM\Camera in SDCard(built in storage) & extSdCard (actual MicroSD Card), long paths are /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera & /storage/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera respectively.

cinnamngrl

Nov 21, 2011
So I switched back to camera for a function. But now I am out of space. When I move the pictures and movies to my sd card the gallery reads them as corrupted. What is wrong?

lost_

Jan 29, 2010
DC
It may not be the same cause, but a similar symptom happened on mine. I found out in a roundabout way that my 64GB SanDisk microSD is shot. The card is stuck in readonly mode. It reads fine but cannot write, and the ROM just didn't complain about it and shows stuff from short term cache. Amazon reviews and forum posting showed that there are other owners of the 64GB SanDisk microSD with the same issues, and it was due to the controller going bad.

Plug your microSD to a computer. If you can create a folder on it, then your microSD is still good and the problem is elsewhere. Good luck!

Reactions: bhdurbin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It may not be the same cause, but a similar symptom happened on mine. I found out in a roundabout way that my 64GB SanDisk microSD is shot. The card is stuck in readonly mode. It reads fine but cannot write, and the ROM just didn't complain about it and shows stuff from short term cache. Amazon reviews and forum posting showed that there are other owners of the 64GB SanDisk microSD with the same issues, and it was due to the controller going bad.

Plug your microSD to a computer. If you can create a folder on it, then your microSD is still good and the problem is elsewhere. Good luck!