unled2ky.jpg

20120501125210.jpg
20120502123017.jpg
20120428025047.jpg
20120116112129pm.jpg

**Download Here**

Previous versions:
Typoclock_R5
I have added a new layout named "personalize" in which all the elements of typoclock are linked to the registry values (CHT.Typoclock.XXXX) it means that hours, minutes, colon, daydate, weekday, month & AMPM can be moved, resized, coloured, and shown or hidden, also month and weekday can be shown in upper or lower letters.

So you can easily redesign your own typoclock, or just adjust the position of the elements after change the font (typoclock.ttf) The new version of typoclock keeps the same variables and previous layouts (white, black, blue, yellow & green) If you want to install it be sure to uninstall previous verssion.

Hi friends, with the help of mncessna & preston74 i have made this widget for Co0kie Home Tab 2.0 (CHT2.0) similar to android typoclock

IT IS NECESSARY TO INSTALL CO0KIE HOME TAB 2.0. This widget does not work with previous versions

1) It is done on the base of the Co0kie CHTAddon Digital Clock, but the time & calendar is text string, with the same font of the rest of Sense (Helvetica Neue OTS). The graphics files still are there but are not seen (100%transparent). I hope to get' em out in future versions to make the code much clean.
2) So it would be easier to change the color with m9editor. I want to publish in 2 colors white & black. done!
3) I have to solve also the issue of the languaje, months are always in English! done Thanks a lot to MoonNah for the new code
4) The weekday I would like to have full names. done Thanks a lot to MoonNah for the new code
5) I have move a bit the elements, please feedback if fit better now. The dayweek in English start with capital letter so it could go a bit lower still.
6) For future verssions we could try everything graphics (qtc) even month, dayweek, year, etc instead of text string. It will be much more skinneable.
7) should work correctly in 24h & am-pm. done;
8) Added a cero when date number has only a digit.
9) It is resizeable & pinneable.
10) Shoul be compatible with windroid digital clock & Poy2BinaryClock. done
11) In future version will try to add some colors into the widget, as diferents layouts. done
12) More things to do: to add blinking dots every second done; to make it biggerdone; to add alarm; to add own font; ...

Link for the widget kitchen: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10718996/Poyensa Public Cab/typoclock/typoclock_r4_kitchen.zip Feel free to do any change to addapt it to your own theme.

Thanks a lot to mncessna, preston74, rat_2665 & moonNah for the files -all credits must go to them, dunc001 & mike2nl for the feedback and test, and always to co0kie monster for the CHT 2.0! :)

If you like blinking dots be sure to switch on show second hand in CHTEditor - widget setting - clocks - show second hands on. If you want to disable blinking dots just disable that option. (thanks to rat for adding this code in the original code, and dunc001, mike2nl & m0nkeyman for tests & feedback)

rev 03.11.2010: added a cero when hour has only one digit; added black color
rev 05.11.2010: added blinking dots (made by mncessna); added am-pm; biger up to 175%, added CHTS
rev 06.11.2010: 4 colors into the widget (black, white, blue & green)
rev 07.11.2010: i think i finally got out of all the graphics files. This version should be compatible with others digital clocks (windroid-binary-silver-co0kie)
rev 07.11.2010: added typoclock with am/pm in the middle of the two dots.
rev 08.11.2010: The typoclock includes background from the very begining, but i did not included in the cabs. If you wish to have BG copy the attached file 3953C628_manila in windows folder.
rev 11.11.2010: Thanks a lot to moonNah for the new code. Now typoclock is displayed in your own languaje!!! try typoclock_r3.cab

rev 23.11.2010: I have referenced the font of typoclock_r4 to typoclock.ttf in windows folder, so any new font you want to use just change the name to typoclock.ttf and copy and paste in windows directory, accept overwritte, and softresset (some times is enough restart sense only) Then typoclock will use this new font without any interference with the rest of sense/WM. Maybe you will need repositioning the items afetr the change of the font, you can do it following post#2. I have included in the _r4 cab the font displayed in the screenshot, so by default is HelveticaNeueOTS.ttf. I am not used to work with differents fonts, and sometimes behaviour is erratic, but this is working for me and i hope it also works for you :) I will upload some other fonts in post#2 and you can find many in this thread (thanks to Major_Sarcasm for this) and also in Google search

this screenshot is Jott.zip, copy the file typoclock.ttf from inside Jott.zip to windows folder and softresset. Be sure to install _r4 previously.
2010-11-22_07-50-26-PM.jpeg

Try also Typoclock 3D made by MoonNah in post#105

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you use the Droid Sans Font - as I do - then here is the modified Typoclock r3 Version that works with Droid Sans Font.

I have also attached the Font if you like it.

link for downloads

Sorry, i should have adverted in big letters: UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS BEFORE INSTALL THE NEW ONE!!!

ATTENTION !!! If you want to have more than 10 widgets installed you need to have this file 7c60907d_manila copied in your \widnows directory, as explained in here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9565725&postcount=3353

Attachments

• HelveticaNeueOTS.zip
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,957
  • typoclock_r2_AMPMcolon.cab
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,003
  • typoclockBG.zip
    446 bytes · Views: 1,280
  • CHTAddon_typoclock_r3.cab
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,879
  • CHTAddon_typoclock_r4.cab
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • CHTAddon_typoclock_r5.cab
    82.7 KB · Views: 841
Last edited:

poyensa

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
1 - small trick: put your device in DevMode

If you wish to modify any widget is very hard to get the files, compile, put into the cab, install, see that is not enough changes so you have to uninstall and start again.

Co0kie has a DevMode for easy test the widgets:
0) EDIT sorry forgot the very begining: conect the device to your PC via USB and synchronize
1) uninstall the widget you want to modify
2) run the file z_init.bat
3) put the device in DevMode. Go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHTI.AddonWidgets.DevMode and change to DWORD =1 (create if does not exit)
4) do the changes in the widget files in workspace folders, remember to save after finish.
5) run the file _Deploy_to_device_in_dev_mode.bat. It will pass the files to the device and will restart sense. If the widget is not displayed you will have to activate it in the CHTMenu>edit mode>add new element
6) repeat 4 & 5 as much as necessary
7) once you finish run file _generate_files_for_cab.bat and will get the compiled files in folder /cab/_final_files ready for the cab.
8) Do not forget to dissable DevMode once you finish and before install any new widget (HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHTI.AddonWidgets.DevMode DWORD =0)

My advice is to create a baseline, an initial working workspace. Once you do a change and it works, go for the next (step by step). Always have a backup. And enjoy!

We will help as much as we can, but please understand this is developers mode It may crash your sense so be ready to hard resset if something is wrong. CHTS can help

2.- HOW TO MOVE THE DATE, WEEK, MONTH, ETC TO ADDAPT THE WIDGET TO YOUR OWN FONT

WITH TYPOCLOCK_R5 NO NEED TO EDIT THE FILES WITH M9EDITOR, JUST USE THE REGISTRY

When you use diferents fonts the typoclock may suffer problems of alignment, but this can be solved easily as all the elements of the widget (date, colon, month, etc) can be moved by editing the mode9 file. You can find some examples of how to edit mode9 files in this 2 threads:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=688002
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=691638

But the mode9 files of any CHT2.0 widget has no fix name, it takes the proper name in the process of installation, which depends of the slot asigned. So this edition has to be done before install the widget. Do we need to download the widget kitchen linked in #1 but we will only work on the file CHTmode9_manila located in the folder CHT2.0_typoclock_kitchen.zip\cab\_files_final

1) So extract the kitchen in a proper directory then open m9editor (is in the kitchen \CHT2.0_typoclock_kitchen.zip\Tools\M9Editor\m9editor.exe) and select as working directory the folder \_files_final then open the file CHTmode9_manila

editmode9-1.png

2) We have to find the <objects> Type= "GLESText" for the edition, then modify the property position value X= ___ Y= ___ (X horizontal - Y vertical; never touch Z) of the element (poy2weekday, typoclock_colon, etc) we want to modify the position in pixels. Change the values in the yellow boxes the click OK button. Once the positions are modified save mode9 file, accept overwrite.

3) Now we have to put this modified file into the widget cab, I use WinCE cab>cabinet>files>add then select the file CHTmode9_manila from folder \cab\_files_final, accept replace (I really do drag and drop), and finally file>save

4) Nothing else, just put the cab into your device and install the widget. You have to uninstall previous versions before install the new cab. Please post some screenshots here to see your modified typocloks :)

I am uploading some fonts that i have used for typoclock_r4. Inside every cab there is a file typoclock.ttf. Copy & paste in windows directory, accept overwrite & soft-resset.

Attachments

• Jott.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 163
  • HelveticaNeueOTS.zip
    70.6 KB · Views: 106
  • ArialicHollow.zip
    96.9 KB · Views: 116
  • aka.zip
    251.4 KB · Views: 122
  • cour.zip
    106 KB · Views: 110
  • stonehenge.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Jesus poyensa,

we can't stop you. This is also dream stuff. There was someone who was searching for this. I will look in my posts and will link it to here. Thank you for this and my respect and you have done it ;)

Edit 1:
i have found it back here...

Edit 2:
and here is the link to iiiiiiiphone lockscreen

Last edited:

poyensa

Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
Thanks kamerius for the feed back, i have to check the fonts used, have you modified yours previously? I will have a look to this thread and play a lil ... Also I will add a cero when the hour is one digit for better fitting.

Oh, I forgot the incompatibility with windroid as we used the same poy2 digital clock for that theme ... have you installed previously windroid digital clock? I apologize for the inconveniences. Will be also fixed.

Thanks a lot mike & kjhadfield for your nice words :)

Reactions: Tribulattifather

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
Thanks kamerius for the feed back, i have to check the fonts used, have you modified yours previously? I will have a look to this thread and play a lil ... Also I will add a cero when the hour is one digit for better fitting.

Oh, I forgot the incompatibility with windroid as we used the same poy2 digital clock for that theme ... have you installed previously windroid digital clock? I apologize for the inconveniences. Will be also fixed.

Thanks a lot mike & kjhadfield for your nice words :)

i havent changed font or installed windroid
take your time

jsmccabe78

May 16, 2008
looks absolutely fantastic. love it for my lockscreen. great job!

attachment.php

Attachments

• capture003.jpg
    capture003.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 30,930

hgalanos

Jun 10, 2010
Sydney
Firstly, I would like to say thank you VERY much for your time and effort. It is greatly appreciated.

I have a few comments/questions.

When I install I get the error:
There are no more CHT widget slots available. Uninstall an addon widget to free up a slot. When I click ok I then get: An error occcured during the uninstall.

Nothing happens, it doesn't install.

1. Can this be installed without CHT 2.0? I onyl have 1.8.5
2. Can the test be larger like the link to go 'off screen?
3. How can I install it as a lock screen, stand alone only?

Again, from the screen shots I have seen it looks amazing. Well done.

SpiritWolf

Mar 25, 2010
Hertfordshire
Loving the look of the widget, However given the amount i swap my wallapaper, one colour or the other usually winds up out of place. is it possible to get the black and the white in the same widget, as different styles we could flick through?

poyensa

Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
Thanks a lot for all the answers & the screenshots :)

Firstly, I would like to say thank you VERY much for your time and effort. It is greatly appreciated.

I have a few comments/questions.

When I install I get the error:
There are no more CHT widget slots available. Uninstall an addon widget to free up a slot. When I click ok I then get: An error occcured during the uninstall.

Nothing happens, it doesn't install.

1. Can this be installed without CHT 2.0? I onyl have 1.8.5
2. Can the test be larger like the link to go 'off screen?
3. How can I install it as a lock screen, stand alone only?

Again, from the screen shots I have seen it looks amazing. Well done.

1. Yes it is necessary CHT2.0, it does not work with previous verssions
2. It could be, it should be a question to define the limits for the resizabe area. I will try.
3. You need CHT2.0 again. It makes possible to add the widgets where you like, even lookscreen.

Loving the look of the widget, However given the amount i swap my wallapaper, one colour or the other usually winds up out of place. is it possible to get the black and the white in the same widget, as different styles we could flick through?

It is possible but i dont have the Lua knowledge to do it yet. I keep trying and will ask for help, and will add this option in future verssions.

hgalanos

Jun 10, 2010
Sydney
Excellent, thanks for clarifying.

I will install CHT once it is out of Beta. Just checked, final release is not out et.

Please let us know if you can make it stretch the whole screen, like the link I provided.

I have a feeling this will be a very popular lockscreen.

You have done a great job and should be proud of yourself.

rr02

Jun 6, 2009
This is really cool!

One problem though. Getting a line above the time. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but the line still persists. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen001.png
    Screen001.png
    64 KB · Views: 96

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
Thanks a lot for this guys! :D
Really great work............ as always :D

MrBeOTP2

Jun 30, 2010
Ha Noi
This is really cool!

One problem though. Getting a line above the time. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but the line still persists. Any thoughts?

I HAd the same problem in the first time :)
let try : uninstall any widget clock CHT2.0 then install Typoclock again ->softreset -> it should work :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so we finally got to work this Android MCLOCK as independent widget for CHT2.0. Its done on the base of typoclock, but a new widget as requested by MrBeO. All elements can be configured independently: background graphic .png format (512x256 pixels), time and date sizes, colors, positions, visibility; are 2 fonts available (one for time and one for date) and everything can be changed in the setting menu by clicking in the clock. Its needed to install JMLMenuSense 1.60 or higher for the setting menu to work otherwise changes can be done via registry HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHT.Typo3.XXX

screenshot1mn.png

unled2ky.jpg

Credits: This widget is done thanks to Co0kieMonster, JMHL, Dunc001, MichaelDiamond, MrBeOTP2, Jdpl@, LNando84 & Ericv99 Also thanks to MIUI team for original clock and suprafreak1000 for providing the files.

Feedback always appreciated!

Attaching some graphics to use ...

PS.- No path for background will use default background, so if you want transparent background i recommend to use CHT_transparent.png

**KITCHEN AVAILABLE**

Kitchen is available so anyone can do bugfixes and/or improvements, always welcome! The widget is free and the use is not compulsory. You can edit, modify, apropiate, mirror, sale, delete, or whatever you want to do with it. But always use with fun!

**BUGFIX**

If you are having a problem to close properly the setting menu or AM-PM does not change automatically just copy the files inside the zip to windows folder and restart sense.
    Typoclock Special Edition

unled2ky.jpg

20120501125210.jpg
    20120502123017.jpg
    20120428025047.jpg
    20120116112129pm.jpg

**Download Here**

Previous versions:
    Typoclock_R5
    I have added a new layout named "personalize" in which all the elements of typoclock are linked to the registry values (CHT.Typoclock.XXXX) it means that hours, minutes, colon, daydate, weekday, month & AMPM can be moved, resized, coloured, and shown or hidden, also month and weekday can be shown in upper or lower letters.

So you can easily redesign your own typoclock, or just adjust the position of the elements after change the font (typoclock.ttf) The new version of typoclock keeps the same variables and previous layouts (white, black, blue, yellow & green) If you want to install it be sure to uninstall previous verssion.

Hi friends, with the help of mncessna & preston74 i have made this widget for Co0kie Home Tab 2.0 (CHT2.0) similar to android typoclock

IT IS NECESSARY TO INSTALL CO0KIE HOME TAB 2.0. This widget does not work with previous versions

1) It is done on the base of the Co0kie CHTAddon Digital Clock, but the time & calendar is text string, with the same font of the rest of Sense (Helvetica Neue OTS). The graphics files still are there but are not seen (100%transparent). I hope to get' em out in future versions to make the code much clean.
    2) So it would be easier to change the color with m9editor. I want to publish in 2 colors white & black. done!
    3) I have to solve also the issue of the languaje, months are always in English! done Thanks a lot to MoonNah for the new code
    4) The weekday I would like to have full names. done Thanks a lot to MoonNah for the new code
    5) I have move a bit the elements, please feedback if fit better now. The dayweek in English start with capital letter so it could go a bit lower still.
    6) For future verssions we could try everything graphics (qtc) even month, dayweek, year, etc instead of text string. It will be much more skinneable.
    7) should work correctly in 24h & am-pm. done;
    8) Added a cero when date number has only a digit.
    9) It is resizeable & pinneable.
    10) Shoul be compatible with windroid digital clock & Poy2BinaryClock. done
    11) In future version will try to add some colors into the widget, as diferents layouts. done
    12) More things to do: to add blinking dots every second done; to make it biggerdone; to add alarm; to add own font; ...

Link for the widget kitchen: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10718996/Poyensa Public Cab/typoclock/typoclock_r4_kitchen.zip Feel free to do any change to addapt it to your own theme.

Thanks a lot to mncessna, preston74, rat_2665 & moonNah for the files -all credits must go to them, dunc001 & mike2nl for the feedback and test, and always to co0kie monster for the CHT 2.0! :)

If you like blinking dots be sure to switch on show second hand in CHTEditor - widget setting - clocks - show second hands on. If you want to disable blinking dots just disable that option. (thanks to rat for adding this code in the original code, and dunc001, mike2nl & m0nkeyman for tests & feedback)

rev 03.11.2010: added a cero when hour has only one digit; added black color
    rev 05.11.2010: added blinking dots (made by mncessna); added am-pm; biger up to 175%, added CHTS
    rev 06.11.2010: 4 colors into the widget (black, white, blue & green)
    rev 07.11.2010: i think i finally got out of all the graphics files. This version should be compatible with others digital clocks (windroid-binary-silver-co0kie)
    rev 07.11.2010: added typoclock with am/pm in the middle of the two dots.
    rev 08.11.2010: The typoclock includes background from the very begining, but i did not included in the cabs. If you wish to have BG copy the attached file 3953C628_manila in windows folder.
    rev 11.11.2010: Thanks a lot to moonNah for the new code. Now typoclock is displayed in your own languaje!!! try typoclock_r3.cab

rev 23.11.2010: I have referenced the font of typoclock_r4 to typoclock.ttf in windows folder, so any new font you want to use just change the name to typoclock.ttf and copy and paste in windows directory, accept overwritte, and softresset (some times is enough restart sense only) Then typoclock will use this new font without any interference with the rest of sense/WM. Maybe you will need repositioning the items afetr the change of the font, you can do it following post#2. I have included in the _r4 cab the font displayed in the screenshot, so by default is HelveticaNeueOTS.ttf. I am not used to work with differents fonts, and sometimes behaviour is erratic, but this is working for me and i hope it also works for you :) I will upload some other fonts in post#2 and you can find many in this thread (thanks to Major_Sarcasm for this) and also in Google search

this screenshot is Jott.zip, copy the file typoclock.ttf from inside Jott.zip to windows folder and softresset. Be sure to install _r4 previously.
    2010-11-22_07-50-26-PM.jpeg

Try also Typoclock 3D made by MoonNah in post#105

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you use the Droid Sans Font - as I do - then here is the modified Typoclock r3 Version that works with Droid Sans Font.

I have also attached the Font if you like it.

link for downloads

Sorry, i should have adverted in big letters: UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS BEFORE INSTALL THE NEW ONE!!!

ATTENTION !!! If you want to have more than 10 widgets installed you need to have this file 7c60907d_manila copied in your \widnows directory, as explained in here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9565725&postcount=3353
    I need to find the time to do Typoclock Menu Setting

I recently, with some help from Poyensa, learned how to read and write code for JML menu sense. Now that I have the basic concept of it down, I decided to try and help these hard working devs (poy in this case) by making Typoclock Setting's Menu. It allows you to make all the available changes to Poyensa's Typoclock without doing it thru the registry.

Special thanks to Poyensa for the Typoclock widget and to JMLH for his sense menu!!

Both Typoclock R5 and JML Menu Sense need to be installed for this to work!!

Make sure you choose Typoclock layout "PERSONALIZE" in widget settings page.

Instructions..

-Install to device memory
    -Access it by clicking on "TypoClock Setting's Menu" in your start menu

previewzj.jpg
    hey guys here some mclock backgrounds. enjoy
    Thanks for the feedback ericsonicsson i have corrected the bug, download the cab fixed here or post#1

BTW I have started a project to make easy configure typoclock, and maybe other widgets ...

2011-02-26_06-38-42-PM.jpeg
    2011-02-26_06-38-55-PM.jpeg